AFCWC Next Year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AFCWC Next Year?

Cmon be a little bit brave guys. Take a vote. Who will it be? My honest guess is that the Chargers will take back the crown. I think if the Broncos start Tebow we have a chance at taking it but I think Elway wants him to sit and if that's the case than the division is probablly the Chargers.

Just letting you know if you vote in this poll your name will be shown. That is so we can go back later and see who was right and who was a homer.
    Broncos
    34.09%
    Chargers
    25.00%
    Raiders
    20.45%
    Kansas City
    20.45%

The poll is expired.

sigpic

"Maybe if he had an iron suit or a magic hammer...."

KC-they have the most stability on the staff. Their D is wicked young and wicked fast and will have one more year under their belt. They will have some guys back, too.

SD-close 2nd maybe even by tie breaker only. I just have seen them suffer under Cottrell. Rivera came in and there was an adjustment period. Manusky will be good and word is will be aggressive.

I also want to see what happens with their players affected by the CBA i.e. VJ and Weddle.

Oakland-After sweeping the division and showing signs of getting back to Raider excellence they fired Cable. I think Hue will be an ok coach. Problem is he is a 1st time coach. I just see too much difficulty for the new coach to step in and have all the players on the board. I haven't even mentioned Asomugha!

Denver-Basement again. We wont be 4-12 bad. I think 6-10 to 8-8 if A LOT goes right. This division will be the toughest in the league in two seasons.

Comment

Not sure...I hope KC and I hope they actually win a PO game...

BTW-Just wondering why the poll reads all the team names but list
      Kansas City..not a big deal,just the first thing I noticed.
      Tony G

The Chefs

Comment

Denver's going to surprise in 2011!

In all seriousness, probably the Chargers
        sigpic

2014 Pick'Em Challenge Champion
        Proud Fan of the 3 Time Super Bowl Champion Denver Broncos

Comment

I picked the broncos due to various reasons, mostly because if I didn't, I wouldn't watch football.

Comment

I voted Raiders because I'm a homer but I really believe it'll be the Chargers....

BUT, Raiders will not be a 'pushover' because they lost Cable.

Comment

I vote broncos because if I didn't I wouldn't feel like a fan.
              sigpic
              2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Comment

i voted sd but oakland looks the scariest IMO
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RaiderFanSD View Post
                  I voted Raiders because I'm a homer but I really believe it'll be the Chargers....

I dont think they will be a pushover. I just think there will be too much adjustment. They lost too much on the coaching staff.

Like I said, this will be the toughest division in two years.

I could see it shaking out like this:
                  KC-10-6 or 11-5

SD 10-6 maybe 11-5 if they tie w/ Chiefs I think the Chiefs will have the tie breakers

Oak-9-7

Den 6-10 maybe 7-9.

Comment

I picked the Broncos to win the AFCW in 2011 because John Elway and John Fox, including Pat Bowlen, said so.

They hyped up their team and said "we will win Championships and Super Bowls" so you might as well live up to the hype in 2011.

(I think I just jinxed the Broncos...not that they needed me to jinx them or anything when your team is already a heaping pile of crap)

Quote of the year:

Comment

for being a heaping pile of crap you sure spend a lot of time on them. You must love heaping pile of craps!

Comment

Man this is a TOUGH decision, especially with the lack of CBA/Free Agency and being "pre draft".

Depending on the draft and hopefully free agency/trades my choice could change.

Right now if I had to choose I would say the Chargers, but I'm not confident in that choice.

The loss Rivera could spell trouble. I don't know enough about their new D Coordinator so with all that aside they do have the best QB in the division so that alone puts them in contention.

The Chiefs are another one thats tough to predict. The loss of Weiss could also hender the offense significantly. The one thing they do have on their side is youth. I think Cassel will struggle this year, but they have a great running game.

The Broncos.....where do I start. With the 2nd pick in the draft we have an opportunity to really add a playmaker on D. A defensive minded coach will hopefully help the D. With the return of Doom we should have a pass rush. The D needs to improve greatly for us to make any kind of noise. Our offense is "okay", or should I say our passing attack. I think the Broncos will look completely different this year with a more balanced offense. I see them and KC batteling for 2nd place and a possible wild card.

I believe the Raiders made a huge mistake in switching coaches. Cable had them going in the right direction, and with the possible loss of Asomough (sp) and instability at QB I see them returning to the bottom. Also the lack of a 1st round pick makes their draft that much more vital, they gotta hit on their other picks.
                        sigpic
                        2012 Broncos Country Pick 'Em Challenge Champion

Comment

Originally posted by RaiderFanSD View Post

The Raiders were pushovers even with cable. How can a team that goes 6-0 in the division NOT win the division? Everyone expected the Raiders with win the division hands down last year.

Similarily, how can a team go 6-0 out of the gate with a 3.5 game division lead and NOT win the division when everyone and their monkeys uncle predicted them to win the division hands down?

These are the mysteries of the NFL. Broncos and Raiders setting new NFL "suckage" records every year now.
                          Last edited by BOLTMAN-1; 03-30-2011, 10:19 PM.

Quote of the year:

Comment

Originally posted by BOLTMAN-1 View Post
                            The Raiders were pushovers even with cable. How can a team that goes 6-0 in the division NOT win the division?
                            Get real. There were few games last year that the Raiders got blown out in.

If the Raiders were pushovers, then what does that make the Chargers? Cuz the Raiders completely whooped their you know what in both games.

Comment

Honestly this is hilarious right here:

These are the mysteries of the NFL. Broncos and Raiders setting new NFL "suckage" records every year now.
                              The Chargers being ranked #1 in both Offense and #1 in D is right up there with those "suckage" records. I bet you the Chargers are the ONLY team in history(like the Raiders) to do something of that sort and miss the playoffs.

Comment

Working...
                              X