Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by baphamet View Post
    you misunderstood me i guess.

when hating on rivers, you same broncos fans act like the team around him is so talented yet he fails to win a superbowl.

now all of a sudden the chargers have all these holes? lol

its funny you didn't even list what our real needs are.

our running game will be fine with the guys that we have, we will probably lose sproles but he was more dangerous in the kicking and passing game than he ever was in the running game.

pass protection? we could maybe use an upgrade at RG, there isn't a lot of holes on the OL....especially now that Marcus McNeil is signed and has added depth to our OL.

special teams? the only notable hole there will be if sproles is gone. special teamers are a dime a dozen, our problem was not lack of talent on special teams lol

mental mistakes was the issue, almost every time. you don't see any teams no matter what their talent level is have the issues on special teams that the chargers had.

they fired Crosby, their special teams coach after the season (way too late) and brought in Rich Bisaccia from Tampa who has a lot of experience and consistency on ST's

that is the only upgrade they really needed as far as ST's goes (other than replacing sproles if need be)

the chargers don't have a lot of glaring holes on their team, they could use help at outside LB or DE as well as inside LB.

as i said before, they will need to replace sproles if need be as well. when you consider the pieces they do have, thats not bad.
    This is really funny. I NEVER said the Chargers were a bad team. As a matter of fact I said they had a lot of talent. I NEVER said Rivers was a bad QB. As a matter of fact I have stated in numerous posts that he is very good. I NEVER said The Broncos were better than the Chargers. As a matter of fact on this very thread I picked them to be at the bottom of the division. Again you are making stuff up. I realize the state of my team. Mcd left us in shambles and it could take a while to put the pieces back into place. I can honestly look at the situation and say this.

Rivers got sacked 38 times and I believe that is like 3rd in the league. He threw 13 ints. Most of those were probably because he was hurried. Both Tolbert and Mathews fumbled 3 times. I dont know if those were behind the LOS but if so that is on the O-line as well. If not that is on the backs and needs to be addressed. Both of your backs got injured last season and Im not sure Mathews is the back you guys were hoping for. He may bounce back but you dont know that. I dont know how bad Tolberts shoulder is but didnt he miss some games because of it? The ST problems may have been because of talent, coaching, or mental mistakes. Either way you dont know how the new coach is going to do. As of RIGHT now you are in the same boat. As of right NOW there is a reason you finished 7-9 and didnt win the division. And as of right NOW you wouldnt win it again. Again Im not saying the Broncos are better than the Chargers. I only made an assessment of your team at their CURRENT state. You get all up in arms if people arent proclaiming them the best which they are not. They are the second, maybe third best team in one of the worst divisions in all of football.

Comment

Originally posted by Jer_ber73 View Post
      This is really funny. I NEVER said the Chargers were a bad team. As a matter of fact I said they had a lot of talent. I NEVER said Rivers was a bad QB. As a matter of fact I have stated in numerous posts that he is very good. I NEVER said The Broncos were better than the Chargers. As a matter of fact on this very thread I picked them to be at the bottom of the division. Again you are making stuff up. I realize the state of my team. Mcd left us in shambles and it could take a while to put the pieces back into place. I can honestly look at the situation and say this.

Rivers got sacked 38 times and I believe that is like 3rd in the league. He threw 13 ints. Most of those were probably because he was hurried. Both Tolbert and Mathews fumbled 3 times. I dont know if those were behind the LOS but if so that is on the O-line as well. If not that is on the backs and needs to be addressed. Both of your backs got injured last season and Im not sure Mathews is the back you guys were hoping for. He may bounce back but you dont know that. I dont know how bad Tolberts shoulder is but didnt he miss some games because of it? The ST problems may have been because of talent, coaching, or mental mistakes. Either way you dont know how the new coach is going to do. As of RIGHT now you are in the same boat. As of right NOW there is a reason you finished 7-9 and didnt win the division. And as of right NOW you wouldnt win it again. Again Im not saying the Broncos are better than the Chargers. I only made an assessment of your team at their CURRENT state. You get all up in arms if people arent proclaiming them the best which they are not. They are the second, maybe third best team in one of the worst divisions in all of football.
      they are the best, damnit.................THE BEST!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BOLTMAN-1 View Post
        The Raiders were pushovers even with cable. How can a team that goes 6-0 in the division NOT win the division? Everyone expected the Raiders with win the division hands down last year.

Similarily, how can a team go 6-0 out of the gate with a 3.5 game division lead and NOT win the division when everyone and their monkeys uncle predicted them to win the division hands down?

These are the mysteries of the NFL. Broncos and Raiders setting new NFL "suckage" records every year now.

How did I miss this comedy gold!!

Comment

Originally posted by HavoK471 View Post
          Super Bowl Champions

1966: Chargers
          1967: Chargers
          1968: Chargers
          1969: Chargers
          1970: Chargers
          1971: Chargers
          1972: Chargers
          1973: Chargers