Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best most elite QB taken in the 2004 Draft..its unanimous

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Best most elite QB taken in the 2004 Draft..its unanimous

    Big Ben The word clutch comes up alot. Something Eli has proven he can be in Big games though not as many times as Ben.

    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...?module=HP_cp2


    P.S. love thje comment section. seems most NFL fans feel the same way about Rivers as us "hater" Broncos fans. "Cry baby" "soft" "not clutch" "Couldn't get it done with LT,Michael Turner,Gates and a great D." The only ones defending him are Homers lol
    Beagle
    Playmaker
    Last edited by Beagle; 06-05-2011, 09:19 PM.
    Originally posted by baphamet
    are you talking career or right now? because i don't see how you can say manning is top 5 even healthy.dude will never be a top 5 QB again, he is done.

  • #2
    Does Rivers win a ring in NY and Pitt?

    Does Ben or even Eli bring SD a ring?

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by DevilSpawn View Post
      Does Rivers win a ring in NY and Pitt?

      Does Ben or even Eli bring SD a ring?
      I think Rivers might win a ring in Pittsburgh, not in NY though. Ben, as much as I really, really don't like the guy, most likely wins one with San Diego.

      With New York, I don't think that happens in 2007 under any other circumstances. Eli on that team was just the right combination.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by DevilSpawn View Post
        Does Rivers win a ring in NY and Pitt?

        Does Ben or even Eli bring SD a ring?
        Quoted for truth!

        Eli is a joke and Ben wouldn't be anywhere without that defense.
        sigpic

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by DevilSpawn View Post
          Does Rivers win a ring in NY and Pitt?

          Does Ben or even Eli bring SD a ring?
          Good question but we will never know.

          here is another

          Does LT already have a Ring if Ben was a Charger and would Bens Numbers be better than Rivers if thier teams were reversed? Lets face it stat wise Ben and Eli will always be at a disadvantage because they are on run first play tough defense teams/coaches.
          Originally posted by baphamet
          are you talking career or right now? because i don't see how you can say manning is top 5 even healthy.dude will never be a top 5 QB again, he is done.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Beagle View Post
            Ben and Eli will always be at a disadvantage because they are on run first play tough defense teams/coaches.
            You did answer your own question, I just don't think you realize it.
            sigpic

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Puddleglum View Post
              You did answer your own question, I just don't think you realize it.
              So you are saying you agree that Ben or Eli would put up comparable stats if they were in the same style offense Rivers is in now. Interesting a sane reasonable Chargers fan. Counting JCDavey that makes 2.


              (I actually did realise it but to just come out and say it would be asking for the STAT police aka normal Chargers fans to roll out the useless statistical data which only tells 1/10th of the story if that much)
              Beagle
              Playmaker
              Last edited by Beagle; 06-05-2011, 10:32 PM.
              Originally posted by baphamet
              are you talking career or right now? because i don't see how you can say manning is top 5 even healthy.dude will never be a top 5 QB again, he is done.

              Comment


              • #8
                Ben is the winner out of the group for sure. He's a super punk, but he's a winner and thats what he'll be remembered for...that and raping a chick and getting away w/it.

                Hypothetically and IMO Rivers wins one in NY, but not in PITT. That being said, he plays for the Chargers and he has a BIG ZERO!!!!! lol

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Beagle View Post
                  Big Ben The word clutch comes up alot. Something Eli has proven he can be in Big games though not as many times as Ben.

                  http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...?module=HP_cp2


                  P.S. love thje comment section. seems most NFL fans feel the same way about Rivers as us "hater" Broncos fans. "Cry baby" "soft" "not clutch" "Couldn't get it done with LT,Michael Turner,Gates and a great D." The only ones defending him are Homers lol
                  Its funny how when the 2 unbiased people on NFL network did their top QB's in the league today both had Rivers at 5 & Ben at 6. One was Warren Sapp...cant remember the name of the other analyst.

                  Not sure why it matters to a Broncos fan anyways....Its like you guys talk about them like Eli Or Ben are on the Broncos. Maybe when they do a top 20 QB discussion one of the Scrub QB's on your roster can sneak into the last spot on the coundown....I wouldnt bet on it though.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by White Dragon View Post
                    I think Rivers might win a ring in Pittsburgh, not in NY though. Ben, as much as I really, really don't like the guy, most likely wins one with San Diego.

                    With New York, I don't think that happens in 2007 under any other circumstances. Eli on that team was just the right combination.
                    Ben wouldn't win those rings in SD lol what a joke.

                    that first ring was won despite of Ben's horrid play, not because of it. so i can say with almost 100% certainly that the first ring could not have been won anywhere else besides in Pitt or maybe Baltimore.

                    Ben isn't the type of player rivers is, he is a game manager for the most part. he can't carry a team to a ring, he needs to be carried. he needs a good running game and the best defense in the league to win.

                    the steelers have had the best defense in the league (on average) every year since he got drafted, he wouldn't have had anything near that in SD.

                    the steelers win regardless of who the QB is, that theory has been tested and proven. Ben isn't even the best player on his team, even though he is still a very good QB.

                    Ben is clutch and is a winner, i will give him that. if that is the only way you(generally speaking) judge the performance of a QB, then yeah i can see why you would think he is so good.

                    it is arguable.

                    Eli isn't even a top 10 QB in the league, he has a ring but he is one of the worst QB's in NFL history to have one.

                    the giants got a ring out of it, they should be thanking god every day for that because considering the hype around Eli when he came to the NFL, he has not lived up to that hype at all except that one 4 game stretch in the playoffs when he won his ring.

                    other than that he has been garbage for the most part.
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Beagle View Post
                      Good question but we will never know.

                      here is another

                      Does LT already have a Ring if Ben was a Charger and would Bens Numbers be better than Rivers if thier teams were reversed? Lets face it stat wise Ben and Eli will always be at a disadvantage because they are on run first play tough defense teams/coaches.
                      Eli sucks man, lets get that out of the way. even with a "run first" offense he cant protect the football worth a crap and turns it over too much.

                      Ben might excel in SD just because of norv being there with his track record with developing QB's

                      to be honest, if your theory was correct, then both Ben and Eli would be the most efficient QB's in the league since they are on run first offenses to help take all the pressure off of them.

                      but they are not, they both don't make great decisions with the football consistently like rivers does and they both absolutly cannot carry a team like rivers can.

                      there is only a handful of QB's in the league that can carry a team and do it efficiently like rivers does.

                      Ben and Eli are not among them.

                      stick to comparing rivers to Rodgers, at least then you have a solid argument.
                      sigpic

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I would take Rivers over majority of QB's in the NFL. He is great and although he hasn't won he is so much better than Eli and Big Ben.

                        I would say Rogers is better but I would say if I had to pick a QB under the age of 30 to build a franchise around after Aaron Rodgers (who I would take over any) it would have to be Rivers. To bad he is a Charger.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by baphamet View Post
                          Ben wouldn't win those rings in SD lol what a joke.

                          that first ring was won despite of Ben's horrid play, not because of it. so i can say with almost 100% certainly that the first ring could not have been won anywhere else besides in Pitt or maybe Baltimore.

                          Ben isn't the type of player rivers is, he is a game manager for the most part. he can't carry a team to a ring, he needs to be carried. he needs a good running game and the best defense in the league to win.

                          the steelers have had the best defense in the league (on average) every year since he got drafted, he wouldn't have had anything near that in SD.

                          the steelers win regardless of who the QB is, that theory has been tested and proven. Ben isn't even the best player on his team, even though he is still a very good QB.

                          Ben is clutch and is a winner, i will give him that. if that is the only way you(generally speaking) judge the performance of a QB, then yeah i can see why you would think he is so good.

                          it is arguable.

                          Eli isn't even a top 10 QB in the league, he has a ring but he is one of the worst QB's in NFL history to have one.

                          the giants got a ring out of it, they should be thanking god every day for that because considering the hype around Eli when he came to the NFL, he has not lived up to that hype at all except that one 4 game stretch in the playoffs when he won his ring.

                          other than that he has been garbage for the most part.
                          Oh because they won soooo many Super Bowls with Tommy Maddox and Stewart. Big Ben is a play maker and he makes plays that help his team win

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            seems like the fizzzler fans crying that ben only won because of the pitt defenses


                            need to recall rivers had the #1defense in 2010 and went where?
                            sigpic
                            when do native Americans become human and not mascots

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by arapaho View Post
                              seems like the fizzzler fans crying that ben only won because of the pitt defenses


                              need to recall rivers had the #1defense in 2010 and went where?
                              I wouldn't put the SD defense in the top 5...in the top 15 sure. Numbers can lie, anyone who has taken statistics knows this.
                              sigpic

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X