Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by powderblues View Post
    3. Titans
    I never, ever like playing the Titans. I still remember that needless/dirty hit on Gates. I still wonder if Meriman could have started off the roids if he wasn't hurt.

I hate that team, probably why I'm a closet Colts fan (and Jags...but only because they got that perennial underdog thing going for them).
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DishWater View Post
      You gotta hand it to Rivers on this one. If I'm a GM drafting in the top 5 in 2004 I jump at the chance to get him...
      Smart man.

Eli = terrible, erase one lucky pass & even luckier catch from his resume and he would probably have been kicked off the Giants by now.

Big Ben = overrated, not a great passer, and lets be honest, he wouldn't have 2 rings without that #1 defense of the decade.
      Rivers is deciding to play bad, just to see how it feels.

Comment

Smart man.

Eli = terrible, erase one lucky pass & even luckier catch from his resume and he would probably have been kicked off the Giants by now.

Big Ben = overrated, not a great passer, and lets be honest, he wouldn't have 2 rings without that #1 defense of the decade.
        Now let's be fair to Ben. In the Arizona SB, the Pitt defense gave up a TD to Larry Fitzgerald with about 3 minutes and change remaining. Ben then won the game going something like 6-8 in that drive. This is the comparison that is made with Eli's game winning drive vs. the Giants and Ben game winning drive vs. the Cardinals vs. Rivers' playoff performances. Rivers hasn't had that Championship defining moment yet, so he will always be #3 in the overall until that moment comes, and it's justified since skill set isn't the only thing being measured. Plus with the Chargers having the #1 defense this year, coupled with a few late game failures by Rivers in the regular season, the defense excuse is irrelevant.

Rivers is the better QB but his championship resume is 3rd.

Comment

Originally posted by Puddleglum View Post
          I never, ever like playing the Titans. I still remember that needless/dirty hit on Gates. I still wonder if Meriman could have started off the roids if he wasn't hurt.

I hate that team, probably why I'm a closet Colts fan (and Jags...but only because they got that perennial underdog thing going for them).
          the titans passed the pats as my most hated non divisional team, 100% because of how dirty they are.

i think merrmian could have very possibly stayed dominant had it not been for those dirty cheap shot artists taking his knee out.

you can argue that the roids made it harder for him to recover from that injury but i would argue that the injury likely never happens had it not been for the titans purposely injuring him.

Comment

Originally posted by baphamet View Post
            uhh no, it does not mean they are just throwing the ball in more obvious passing situations, it means that teams are not dropping as many defenders into coverage and are leaving receivers in one one one coverage because they are stacking the box to stop the run.

its a good thing you are just a fan because that is a very basic concept for you not to understand.

you are the first person i have ever seen to say a good running game or a run first offense actually puts more pressure on a QB. LMAO!!

learn about the game of football before you start questioning my knowledge, kiddo.

you are clearly trolling

yet their offense was not even a top 10 scoring offense in the league, not to mention that is the only year you can say that about Ben, one of the few years the steelers didn't make it to the playoffs.

that year his defense didnt play as well (mainly due to troy being hurt much of the season IIRC)

you do realize that actually proves my point, right? Ben has been carried to every single playoff run.

when the steelers defense is dominate the steelers win, regardless of who is the QB, that has been proven.

but i wouldn't except a lesser knowledgeable football fan such as yourself to know that.
            Ya but Rivers on the steelers is a scary thought. Real scary and under either Cowher or Tomlin IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by DevilSpawn View Post
              Now let's be fair to Ben. In the Arizona SB, the Pitt defense gave up a TD to Larry Fitzgerald with about 3 minutes and change remaining. Ben then won the game going something like 6-8 in that drive. This is the comparison that is made with Eli's game winning drive vs. the Giants and Ben game winning drive vs. the Cardinals vs. Rivers' playoff performances. Rivers hasn't had that Championship defining moment yet, so he will always be #3 in the overall until that moment comes, and it's justified since skill set isn't the only thing being measured. Plus with the Chargers having the #1 defense this year, coupled with a few late game failures by Rivers in the regular season, the defense excuse is irrelevant.

Rivers is the better QB but his championship resume is 3rd.
              Thats a fair analysis.

But Rivers wasn't the reason the Chargers failed in games last season.

You can't really execute your game plan if your special teams gives up record amounts of points.

And yes, I too am waiting for Rivers to show up in the post season.
              Rivers is deciding to play bad, just to see how it feels.

Comment

Originally posted by Jer_ber73 View Post
                Ya but Rivers on the steelers is a scary thought. Real scary and under either Cowher or Tomlin IMO.
                its quite possible that rivers would have rings, the steelers are a better overall team than the chargers, i don't deny that.

Comment

nice post, i agree.

although i will say it is arguable because Ben is pretty damn clutch. but Eli? lol not even close.

we can never know what Ben would have done had he played for SD or rivers if he played for the giants.

but what i do know is what i have seen from their performances on the teams they do play for.

Ben hasn't shown he can carry a team and neither has Eli, when they have been in situations where their defense hasn't played as well or the running game isn't as good, they clearly don't have anywhere near the same success (especially Eli).

rivers can and has carried his team without a good defense and with a horrible running game.

what rivers did in 2009 winning 13 games with a bad team around him, i can only think of one or two other guys in the league that could have pulled that off.

rivers needs to have a serious push in the playoffs to become great, i realize that. but simply being carried in the post season alone does not make a QB great, in my honest opinion.
                  I know its only one game

But Eli looked pretty frggin clutch in the 2007 Superbowl

Rivers wouldnt have won that game

That being said Rivers is still better yes

Comment

the titans passed the pats as my most hated non divisional team, 100% because of how dirty they are.

i think merrmian could have very possibly stayed dominant had it not been for those dirty cheap shot artists taking his knee out.

you can argue that the roids made it harder for him to recover from that injury but i would argue that the injury likely never happens had it not been for the titans purposely injuring him.
                    you can argue it never would have happend had it not been for roids making his knee weak in the first place

You can also argue he wouldnt have been elite without roids

Comment

lol at all you hopping on Big Dumb perverts bandwagon, he's only got rings because of his defense. And Eli, lol. I'll keep Rivers over these two chumps.

Rivers is the man, him winning one ring in SD would mean more than Big Dumb and Eli's rings combined.
                      SHOCKED by Donktown disdain toward TEBOW. He saved your 2011.

Comment

I hate Roethlisburger

But, Big Dumb...for real lol?

Comment

Originally posted by Bernie24 View Post
                          I know its only one game

Your kidding me right? The only reason Eli has his Ring is the way his defense played that game, Rodney Harrison for once not being the cheap shot artist he has been all of his career & Asante Samuel droping a game ending INT after the miracle catch that Eli tried to gift Wrap the Pats & give them their perfect season. Eli isnt even a top 10 QB in this league.

Comment

Originally posted by Bernie24 View Post
                            I know its only one game

why wouldn't have rivers won? the giants only scored 17 points in that game. scoring 17 points against a team that averages 38 and still winning the game?

what does that tell you?

Comment

Thats a fair analysis.

But Rivers wasn't the reason the Chargers failed in games last season.

You can't really execute your game plan if your special teams gives up record amounts of points.

And yes, I too am waiting for Rivers to show up in the post season.
                              ahh but the special teams didnt give up record amounts of points

the vikings in 06 or 07? gave up more special teams points..with a lower ranked offense and defense and still went 10-6

lets not ignore the fact that in the seattle game rivers did in fact have a 1st down on the seattle 12 yard line, done by 7, with less than 6 minutes to go..and turned the ball over on downs

then after a defensive stop rivers again had a first down on the seattle 14 in the last minute of the game, still down by seven, and sealed the loss with a int
                              sigpic
                              when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

Originally posted by Puddleglum View Post
                                Quoted for truth!

Eli is a joke and Ben wouldn't be anywhere without that defense.
                                A "joke" is not even playing in a Super Bowl with arguably the best team in the NFL for at least 3 or 4 years. A "joke" is having the #1 ranked defense on your side, playing in what many call "the weakest division in football" and not even making the play-offs. A "joke is playing with arguably the best RB of all-time, and probably the best TE of all time, and never getting to the dance.

These jokes, unlike the Eli one, are funny! Rivers' window is shut, he had his chance and now he will never get to feel what the two superior QB's of that class felt.

Rivers has the stats.....bravo...... but Ben and Eli play in much more conservative offenses, and in MUCH, MUCH, MUCH tougher divisions. Also, anyone comparing Rivers to Marino should be smacked. Marino got to the dance with way inferior talent around him, and that's a fact.

I hate all three of these guys with a fire-breathing passion. But when you look at the bodies of work, it clearly goes; 1. Ben 2. Eli 3. Phyllis

Sorry Charger fans but facts are facts. Until he actually does something with all of that talent around him (which is dwindling down fast) he will never be anything more than a fantasy stud! :thumb:

Comment

Working...
                                X