X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• arapaho
    replied
    Originally posted by baphamet View Post
    isn't it funny how when i don't come here right away after a loss beagle and others cry that i am hiding yet when i come in the next day he wants absolutely none of this, he just whines that i am trolling or making "baseless predictions"

do yourself a favor and just consider it a blessing when i'm not in here abusing your sorry ass.

perhaps its because you don't come after a loss...but are here front and center screaming I told you so...non stop after a win

its weak

Leave a comment:

• baphamet
    replied
    isn't it funny how when i don't come here right away after a loss beagle and others cry that i am hiding yet when i come in the next day he wants absolutely none of this, he just whines that i am trolling or making "baseless predictions"

do yourself a favor and just consider it a blessing when i'm not in here abusing your sorry ass.

Leave a comment:

• baphamet
    replied
    Originally posted by Beagle View Post
    This just in with nothing to actually say and no facts at all to back up anything he just said Nostradumbass has made another dumb bunch of baseless predictions :thumb:
    oh so listing facts is now considered baseless predictions?

elway actually has had success drafting QB's? rivers didn't pass elway on the stat sheet in 57 less games played? not that rivers is better than elway was but by the way you guys act after every loss regardless of circumstance, you would have me believing that rivers is some scrub like Siemian.

wait, what am i thinking? im sue you think Siemian is better than rivers lol

Leave a comment:

• arapaho
    replied
    5 years later and hes nearly top 10 in every major statistical category, he passed elway in TD's in 57 less games played. he has also played far and away better over his career than eli and is far and ay the better leader with better intangibles as well.

rivers isn't perfect and has made some costly mistakes (of course eli has made more for his team) but he also plays for a historically crap organization, an organization where drew brees couldn't even win a playoff game with gates and rivera in their prime helping him with a good defense to go along with it.

have fun signing another veteran QB this off season because your team just cant develop their own. you would think elway being a HOF QB would be good at drafting them? its looking like 0-2 in that regard right now, lynch was not worthy of a first round pick and the most you can hope for with that guy now is he can be a serviceable game manager in the future.

yet you want to talk crap about QB's? lol
    well when we start to suck so bad we get the number 1 pick maybe we can draft a qb as good as eli...like you guys

Leave a comment:

• Beagle
    replied
    5 years later and hes nearly top 10 in every major statistical category, he passed elway in TD's in 57 less games played. he has also played far and away better over his career than eli and is far and ay the better leader with better intangibles as well.

rivers isn't perfect and has made some costly mistakes (of course eli has made more for his team) but he also plays for a historically crap organization, an organization where drew brees couldn't even win a playoff game with gates and rivera in their prime helping him with a good defense to go along with it.

have fun signing another veteran QB this off season because your team just cant develop their own. you would think elway being a HOF QB would be good at drafting them? its looking like 0-2 in that regard right now, lynch was not worthy of a first round pick and the most you can hope for with that guy now is he can be a serviceable game manager in the future.

This just in with nothing to actually say and no facts at all to back up anything he just said Nostradumbass has made another dumb bunch of baseless predictions :thumb:

Leave a comment:

• baphamet
    replied
    5 years later and this still rings true

Leave a comment:

• Beagle
    replied
    Big Ben The word clutch comes up a lot. Something Eli has proven he can be in Big games though not as many times as Ben.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...?module=HP_cp2
    5 years later and this still rings true

Leave a comment:

• Letsgobolts
    replied
    From the link just seems a lot of people need to get their eyes checked.

Leave a comment:

• DevilSpawn
    replied
    ..............oh BABY!!!

Leave a comment:

• FootballAnalyst
    replied
    This has to easily be Rivers and I think it honestly is in most all circles. I think those analyst are under the spell of championships make players and not teams.

To win a championship, you need a team. It doesn't matter how SD ranks in the regular season. Or the talent. It's how they play in the playoffs. It's about matchups, coaching, health, getting calls, lucky bounces, momentum, depth.

It's funny people say Rivers is great and elite in the regular season but not the playoffs. Yet they want to point to SD's talent or team regular season numbers as to why SD should win. Ignoring what they do or how they play in the playoffs.

In 2 of Rivers 4 playoff losses, Kaeding missed 4 kicks. It took 3 kicks for Brady to win 3 rings.

People say Rivers with a 10th ranked scoring defense is good enough? Rivers went 13-3 without a top 10 scoring defense. Meanwhile Ben is 0-2 in playoff berths without a top 3 defense in points. Only QB to ever make the playoffs with a top 3 scoring defense, every single year.

I think the better question is how many rings would Rivers have in PIT and NYG and if Ben or Eli would even make the playoffs in SD.

You talk about division, but Rivers is 4-0 vs the NFCE.

Rivers is 10-5 vs NFCE and AFCN.

Ben is 12-8 vs NFCE and AFCW.

Eli is 8-7 vs AFCN and AFCW.

So there goes that argument..

Rivers also has the best numbers in the NFL vs top 10 defenses in PPG.

He has a 99.08 QB rating. Eli 71 and Ben 82.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB...c.php?t=429377

So it comes down to play. Rivers is clearly better at everything over Eli and Ben. Accuracy, vertical pass, pocket presence, reading defenses, explosive plays, consistency, efficiency in QB rating, TD%, INT%. Better pre snap at audibles, adjustments, hot routes.

Ben is better at broken plays, scrambling and breaking tackles.

Eli is not better at anything.

Rivers has led FIVE top 5 scoring offenses, something Ben has never done. You know a QB's job, leading a offense to score points.

Eli has done it 2 times.

So Rivers is superior by a huge margin at his job. Scoring points, leading the offense, controlling TOP, converting 3rd downs and getting 1st downs and control field position with yardage, stretching the field, scoring and limiting turnovers. Isn't that what you want from your QB?

You say he had the best defense, but he had an even better offense. So how did he fail if he led his direct unit to a top 2 unit in the league?

QB's job is not momentum, matchups, defensive stops, special team plays, coaching, health, depth, controlling lucks and beneficial ref calls, etc.

It's to lead the offense and Rivers is as good as anyone who has ever played at that. Also leadership, it's not close. Ben and Eli have had team mates and former team mates question their leadership, plus suspensions for one of them and off field issues. Scared frail demeanor. verse a guy who never had any team mate question him. Took over leadership from Brees and LT.

Also while Ben and Eli had great SB game winning drives, lets not ignore the plays that happened before those.

I honestly can't see how any thinks this is close. Rivers is fighting for the #1 spot. Not with two bottom half top 10 guys.

I just want a legit argument against Rivers. Superbowls are seasonal team achievements, not assessments of skill and player impact and value.

Leave a comment:

• Beagle
    replied
    its been well documented that Ben isn't a leader on his team and that he isn't well liked by his teammates. (unlike rivers)

james harrison (who also rips rodger goodell) had this to say about the "great leader" ben roethlisberger.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/67...e=NFLHeadlines

he is right about that, he is a game manager and not a QB that is capable of putting his team on his shoulders like peyton, brady, Rodgers, brees, and rivers are.

but he does have rings and is clutch at times, other than that is he really a better player and leader than rivers?

no, i don't think so.
    Yeah and he wasn't blasted by everyone for being a complete idiot for saying all these things. lol Cold hard football facts http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com...cky_he_is.html / SI.com http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...in&hpt=hp_bn10

He is busting Ben out for his play in the superbowl...news flash Harrison had a total of one tackle in the superbowl.Way to use a hypocritical self obsorbed idiot to back up your point. You da man now....I guess :p
    Last edited by Beagle; 07-20-2011, 07:23 PM.

Leave a comment:

• baphamet
    replied
    its been well documented that Ben isn't a leader on his team and that he isn't well liked by his teammates. (unlike rivers)

james harrison (who also rips rodger goodell) had this to say about the "great leader" ben roethlisberger.

"Hey, at least throw a pick on their side of the field instead of asking the D to bail you out again. Or hand the ball off and stop trying to act like Peyton Manning. You ain't that and you know it, man; you just get paid like he does,"
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/67...e=NFLHeadlines

he is right about that, he is a game manager and not a QB that is capable of putting his team on his shoulders like peyton, brady, Rodgers, brees, and rivers are.

but he does have rings and is clutch at times, other than that is he really a better player and leader than rivers?

no, i don't think so.

Leave a comment:

• baphamet
    replied
    http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/post...ad-eli-manning

people would rather have rivers on their team for the remainder of his career rather than Ben and especially Eli.

Leave a comment:

• Puddleglum
    replied
    I cant be too hard on beagle though, at least he is trying to smack in this dead smack forum.
    Fair point.

Leave a comment:

• baphamet
    replied
    Originally posted by Puddleglum View Post
    Wow.

Okay to be fair, I'm thinking you meant "Where are Baph and his homer friends etc." That's easy enough to answer, anyone who has two brain cells worth of common sense could see that you were trolling.

Has any Charger fan EVER said that Rivers was the best QB in the league? I've said he's top tier but NOT the best. The best QB is named Peyton, not Phil.

Would these reasons be the "criteria" with which you reviewed the 2004 QB's? The review where you put the alleged multiple rapist ahead of that sucker who drove to Arizona to speak at a conference simply because he had made a commitment in the leadership/ability to inspire category? How about the "Has his teams fans riding his jock like a swing set at a public park" category, or how about the "Dumb looks" category. Your views on these categories do make things so very much clearer.

Your posts are nothing more than thinly veiled prods to the Charger regulars on these boards.

i have never said rivers was the best QB in the league and i even said in the post he quoted that it is arguable between rivers and Ben lol

he knows he has been caught trolling, thats why i never say dumb things i don't mean just to talk smack.

you end up looking foolish like beagle.

i cant be too hard on beagle though, at least he is trying to smack in this dead smack forum.
    Last edited by baphamet; 06-27-2011, 04:54 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X