No announcement yet.

When did SD forget how to draft?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have no idea what kind of crack MH is on but the Broncos record the past 5 years and especially in 2010 attests to the fact of how bad they draft by the number of wins they have achieved each year. Shanny had a horrible eye for talent many many years after the SB's and finally got fired. After winning what like 5 straight playoff games in two back to back years he went 10 years with only 1 playoff win. Broncos became the laughing stock of the playoffs. Aside from that please tell us MH what big time draft choices the Broncos have made that have got your team back to the playoffs? McLeaf screwed your team royally and its going to take years to undo what he's done with the draft and FA's he and Xanders signed.

You see MH, Denver has been going in the exact opposite direction as the Chargers so please stop trying to compare the teams. You suck, we don't.

Quote of the year:

Comment

If Donk drafted better in the last 5 years, they would be better, or at least
      competitive in the division--- but Donk is neither. lol.

Anyway, Chargers 2011 draft is gonna own you fools. Also, guys like Vaughn Martin and Donald Butler are going to come into their own.
      SHOCKED by Donktown disdain toward TEBOW. He saved your 2011.

Comment

Originally posted by Nordstrom View Post
        If Donk drafted better in the last 5 years, they would be better, or at least
        competitive in the division--- but Donk is neither. lol.

Anyway, Chargers 2011 draft is gonna own you fools. Also, guys like Vaughn Martin and Donald Butler are going to come into their own.
        LOL, how so by taking a career ST LB'er in the 2nd round, funny guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Nordstrom View Post
          Also, guys like Vaughn Martin and Donald Butler are going to come into their own.
          I do think Martin has been coming along and may actually work out, not something to be taken likely since he was clearly a project.

I'm not buying all of the training camp hype, it's basically just the team PR guy spinning away or it's a result of Martin going up against a UDFA guard/center.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
            LOL, how so by taking a career ST LB'er in the 2nd round, funny guy.
            Hold your horses (nyuk) Bronco fan, though we both share the point of view that Mouton was a REACH there's no way AJ drafted a guy solely for ST's in round 2. That was the good news, the bad news is that AJ has probelms picking good meat in rounds 1-3.

PS. If I receive negative CP for trying to be punny, I completely understand.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Puddleglum View Post
              Hold your horses (nyuk)

PS. If I receive negative CP for trying to be punny, I completely understand.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MHSalute View Post
                The point being the Chargers flat out suck at drafting, not what we did with the players we drafted. We basically converted our players into more draft picks that can not be judge just yet. This is the year we can judge that...

...but coming full circle, fact remains Chargers have sucked for 5 years.
                So if your Drafts have been so much better then ours why are you the ones coming off the 4-12 season yet the Chargers havent been under .500 since 2003???

Comment

Lets be honest the Broncos have been drafting as if they aare throwing darts at a board for the last few years and before that its been hit or miss.

The Chargers drafts havent been very good for a few years with less panning out at a normal pace then the team is used to

The raiders have been in a good position with little results and honestly because of that they have been forced to panic the moment FA opens

The Chiefs are getting better at drafting but they had a problem with leadership which gave the team some headaches.

The Chiefs in recent years have been the best and they seem to be getting better at it making them #1 the Chargers are #2 but they have an obvious decline in drafting ability The raiders and Broncos cant say that either is worse and its hard to say that either is getting any better.

So really we cant speak but maybe in a few years when the **** chargers lose the last of the left overs from the good years we will see who is laughing.
                  2016 Draft: http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...aft-Watch-list

Comment

Trade up for Hester...bust
                    Trade up for Butler...bust
                    Trade up for Matthews (already conditioning problems)

Seems almost every time SD targets a guy he is a bust...hell even a broken watch is right twice a day.
                    tebow in the 1st round lol
                    just sayin :thumb:
                    sigpic Crushing internet tuffguys one at a time!!!

Originally Posted by BroncoLefty
                    Look Steeler fans....we know. We all know about the rings. We know about the past, ok? All you guys seem to want to do is talk about the past, I dont get it. The Patriots share this problem with you as well. Nobody cares-stop living in the past.<---- typical bronco forum hypocrite.

Comment

Originally posted by dayvboy View Post
                      He's a bust because of 3 games in which he showed a lot of promise?

Funny how Rivers sits for 2 years, starts in Year 3.

But Tebow is a bust when he's played a whopping 3 whole games. Not comparing him to Rivers, but let's give the guy a bit more time then that.

Comment

Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
                        He's a bust because of 3 games in which he showed a lot of promise?

Funny how Rivers sits for 2 years, starts in Year 3.

But Tebow is a bust when he's played a whopping 3 whole games. Not comparing him to Rivers, but let's give the guy a bit more time then that.
                        Also according to them since Rivers had games into his 5th year where he threw under 50% he was a bust. I guess the Charger fans are just finally admitting the truth.

Comment

Originally posted by dayvboy View Post
                          I think when a team drafts a QB and he does not pan out, it is made to seem like a major setback. But when SD drafts Craig Davis and he does nothing, it gets washed over as no big deal. Tebow has already contributed more than Davis ever did.

We are still talking about a 20 something draft pick, not a top 10 selection, with a huge cap number bogging us down. He is actually cheap for a backup QB.
                          Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Comment

I think when a team drafts a QB and he does not pan out, it is made to seem like a major setback. But when SD drafts Craig Davis and he does nothing, it gets washed over as no big deal. Tebow has already contributed more than Davis ever did.

We are still talking about a 20 something draft pick, not a top 10 selection, with a huge cap number bogging us down. He is actually cheap for a backup QB.
                            "Buster" as he likes to be called had a contract of $11 mill for 5 years and $5.5 in guarantees and was cut after 4 years and 2 starts.

Tebow has started in 3 games already and his contract is worth $9.75 mill for 5 years and $8.7 guaranteed.

We owe more money upfront but it doesnt go against the cap. Busters worthless contract cost more in team room. Really Billy Voleks $3 mill a year deal takes up more room then Tebows. We do have a lot tied in incentives but if Tebow doesnt start this year he wont meet most of them.
                            Last edited by Joshecalpoly; 08-10-2011, 10:36 PM.

Comment

I think we have some explosive draft picks this year.
                              Who is better a drafting that AJ in our conference?
                              How about in our division?

Quote of the year:

Comment

Originally posted by BOLTMAN-1 View Post
                                I think we have some explosive draft picks this year.
                                Who is better a drafting that AJ in our conference?
                                How about in our division?
                                Chiefs.......

And AJ's past drafts have sucked.

Comment

Working...
                                X