No announcement yet.

ThankYou Josh Mcdaniels!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shanny said Cutler gave the Broncos the "best chance of winning" and then benched Plummer. Boy was he wrong. Shanny ended up losing his job over it.

Now there's Orton and Tebow. Orton was thought of as giving the Broncos the "best chance of winning" last year and pretty much failed along with lots of help from the Broncos D and then he got injured at the end. Tebow failed too and contributed to 2 of the Broncos 12 losses last year. Oh well.

Might as well see what Quinn can do seeing how the Broncos are screwed no matter which of the three is their QB.

Quote of the year:

Comment

i didn't see the game but from what i have heard the broncos looked good tonight. yet broncos "fans" focus on the fact tebow hardly played and are more concerned with whining about that rather the state of their team.

this post really says it all.

Originally posted by KWHIT97 View Post
      Please trade Tim or cut him, he doesn't deserve the way he is being treated and this pathetic franchise does not deserve him. Screw John Fox and his conservative theory of mediocrity. What a waste, the kid needs reps and we are busy wasting those much needed reps on Brady Quinn, really? There is absolutely no reason why we couldn't have just let Tim throw the ball on those drives, and then we call a timeout to let Adam Weber come in and hand off to finish the game? Wow, what an embarrassing display of coaching.

So I plea now, please trade Tim, let him get a chance elsewhere because we are obviously happy with two mediocre QBs that have always been the same and have never been true winners at any level.

The only thing that will help Tim is reps, and he obviously isn't going to get them here, so let him go to one of the 10 teams that would kill to have a kid with his talents so he can get them there. I hate John Fox, 8 games into the season when we are 2-6 and we bench Orton for Quinn only to finish 4-12 again maybe then his thick skull will realize that "hey, maybe we should have given the kid a chance."

What a joke of a franchise we've become!
      you are right, your franchise has indeed become a joke.....but its because of fans like you who are tebow fans and not broncos fans.

thanks again josh! the donks are a laughing stock and their fan base is ruined because of you.

Comment

Originally posted by baphamet View Post
        i didn't see the game but from what i have heard the broncos looked good tonight. yet broncos "fans" focus on the fact tebow hardly played and are more concerned with whining about that rather the state of their team.

you are right, your franchise has indeed become a joke.....but its because of fans like you who are tebow fans and not broncos fans.

thanks again josh! the donks are a laughing stock and their fan base is ruined because of you.
        Eh i'm not sure we're a laughing stock right now

We have to have more terrible seasons to get to that level
        sigpic
        Thank you Charger$

Comment

We did look good. I don't care who is at the QB spot, if we play like that, this season may not be a throw away afterall.

I still say Orton is expendable, and he'll prove it come the regular season. Quinn looks just about as good and doesn't auto sack like Orton did today.....again.

In the end, it was a pre-season game, it was the Bills, and Quinn and Tebow have been splitting 2nd team reps, and even Fox said after the game that Tebow got the 2nd team plays last week so "it was only fair" that Quinn get them this week. Take it for what it is, but short of any evidence to the contrary, we have to take him at his word.

People need to seriously stop flipping out if Tebow doesn't start this year. Quinn and Orton are both going to be FA, and Tebow is the only one under contract. We don't have to do anything with him right away, he aint going anywhere. He will get his chance to start with the Broncos eventually. It's going to happen.

Worst comes to worse, we have 3 guys who could potentially start at any given time. I'd say that's a nice problem to have.

Hate to see what would happen to the Chargers if Rivers went down....
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kishzilla View Post
            We did look good. I don't care who is at the QB spot, if we play like that, this season may not be a throw away afterall.
            unless the QB who is not playing is the better QB, you shouldn't care man.

i wouldn't get too crazy over a pre-season game.

I still say Orton is expendable, and he'll prove it come the regular season. Quinn looks just about as good and doesn't auto sack like Orton did today.....again.
            if you are looking for a QB like rivers who can carry your team, yeah Orton is not the answer.

but like i have always said, the guy has proven he can perform and win given the right circumstances.

he fits the fox mold well, fox likes veterans and the team is being built around the running game and defense.

a perfect situation for Orton to "potentially" flourish in.

that said, if Orton doesn't have a good season i still think the broncos draft a real first round QB of their own.

In the end, it was a pre-season game, it was the Bills, and Quinn and Tebow have been splitting 2nd team reps, and even Fox said after the game that Tebow got the 2nd team plays last week so "it was only fair" that Quinn get them this week. Take it for what it is, but short of any evidence to the contrary, we have to take him at his word.
            it is kind of weird he got so few reps. i really can only think of two reasons they would be doing that.

1. tebow is farther behind than even i anticipated and fox feels he isn't capable of running the offense at all.

2. they are protecting tebow's trade value

remember, Quinn got the most attempts last week so i honestly do not know why they would only give tebow 2 attempts.

i honestly cant think of any other reason. seriously....2 throws? something is not right with tebow, that is for sure.

People need to seriously stop flipping out if Tebow doesn't start this year. Quinn and Orton are both going to be FA, and Tebow is the only one under contract. We don't have to do anything with him right away, he aint going anywhere. He will get his chance to start with the Broncos eventually. It's going to happen.
            why are you so convinced that it will happen? were you so convinced orton would be traded as well?

i agree that tebow needs time, i think you know that is the argument i have been making for quite some time.

but will the broncos be patient enough with him? is fox (who does not have a good track record developing QB's) willing to try and take on this daunting task and try to develop him?

thats why i made this thread. http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?t=182510

tebow should be on a team with an offensive guru, with sucsess developing QB's. fox is defensive minded. i wouldn't be surprised if tebow does get traded or even released at some point in the near future.

unless he does make big strides this season. because next year the broncos will then likely draft a QB and if so, tebow's days in Denver will likely be done.

Worst comes to worse, we have 3 guys who could potentially start at any given time. I'd say that's a nice problem to have.
            you guys don't have a terrible QB situation with Orton in the mix.

Hate to see what would happen to the Chargers if Rivers went down....
            Last edited by baphamet; 08-21-2011, 12:49 AM.

Comment

i wouldn't get too crazy over a pre-season game.
              I'm not. Just sayin if we can parlay any of that to the regular season, we won't be as bad as I have been thinking.

that said, if Orton doesn't have a good season i still think the broncos draft a real first round QB of their own.
              I doubt it. I really don't think we'll be able to pick up a guy talented enough to warrant a 1st round QB risk. Best we could hope for is another development project, and since we have one already, I don't see how that is going to happen. There are going to be a lot of really bad teams this year, all of which will need QB's. As deep as the draft class is next year, I'd hate to see us grab the leftovers after everyone has grabbed who they like. I don't think we're going to be a .500+ team, but I don't think we'll repeat a 4-12 again, at least I hope not.

it is kind of weird he got so few reps. i really can only think of two reasons they would be doing that.

1. tebow is farther behind than even i anticipated and fox feels he isn't capable of running the offense at all.

2. they are protecting tebow's trade value

remember, Quinn got the most attempts last week so i honestly do not know why they would only give tebow 2 attempts.

i honestly cant think of any other reason. seriously....2 throws? something is not right with tebow, that is for sure.
              Meh, I think they've already made up their mind, and more reps is unnecessary at this point. They aren't going to declare a 3rd string QB any time during the season, and will probably work Tebow in on Goal line stuff like last year, and in the event Orton goes down, Quinn would start as he is the Vet of the two remaining, and is the more "fail safe" choice.
              were you so convinced orton would be traded as well?
              Once again, he was traded. He was as good as gone. Miami and Orton/his agent couldn't work out his contract. The Broncos had every intent of letting him go, and that's a fact.

i wouldn't be surprised if tebow does get traded or even released at some point in the near future.
              And I wouldn't be surprised if we grabbed somebody to help Fox with the Tebow task. I'd say both are just as likely, only in the case of keeping Tebow around, we can do it for next to nothing, resign Quinn (He likely wouldn't be able to get a long term, high dollar deal) let Orton walk, and proceed forward. I really don't see how drafting another rookie in the first round is going to solve anything. It RARELY does.
              you guys don't have a terrible QB situation with Orton in the mix.
              Could be worse. I'm just so sick of that guy it's hard to watch him with out being hyper critical. He looked better than last year, but he looked good in preseason last year too then between the 20's and the rest sucked. If he has a Pro-Bowl year, and has made a quantum leap in the right direction to change my opinion of him, then great, a problem has resolved itself. Let's just say I'm not holding my breath.

[/QUOTE]

Too bad it's not 2-3 years ago, and you don't still have sproles

If Rivers were to go down early in the season (not wishing that AT ALL) You guys would struggle mightily.
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X