Broncos 2011 Season Predictions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JaysusCutler View Post
    Yeah, 3 winning seasons in 9 years. Also two 8-8's.

Three of the losing seasons were 7-9.

So.............he's average, maybe?

Comment

Originally posted by ingame View Post
      So.............he's average, maybe?
      Norv only has 3 winning seasons in the last 9 years, and he's never been to a SB as a head coach ever.

He's also sub .500 over his career by a fairly healthy margin, and has only 4 Division wins over his career, all in the AFCW while it has been at it's absolute worst in it's history.

Norv Turner sucks

Hue Jackson has never been a HC

Todd Haley is a sissy crybaby

Out of the three, Fox is the only one with success in the post season, or ever being to a SuperBowl.

I'd say it's not that much of a stretch that he's the better of the other 3.
      Last edited by kishzilla; 08-22-2011, 04:30 PM.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kishzilla View Post
        Norv only has 3 winning seasons in the last 9 years, and he's never been to a SB as a head coach ever.

He's also sub .500 over his career by a fairly healthy margin, and has only 4 Division wins over his career, all in the AFCW while it has been at it's absolute worst in it's history.

Norv Turner sucks

Hue Jackson has never been a HC

Todd Haley is a sissy crybaby

Out of the three, Fox is the only one with success in the post season, or ever being to a SuperBowl.

I'd say it's not that much of a stretch that he's the better of the other 3.
        fox has been one game farther than than norv as far as success goes. also, you same clowns that love to make the excuse for fox that his boss in Carolina didn't give him enough help are the same ones blaming norv for his stints in Washington and Oakland, the two poorest ran franchise's in the NFL.

norv isn't a great coach but his teams in SD have been pretty good. i remember when people gave credit to Marty and said norv just wins with Marty's team.

well....marty has been removed for 4 years now and the chargers are still a pretty good team.

i wouldn't say norv sucks compared to the other coaches in the division, i would say he is the second most proven coach in the division behind fox.

he is also one of the best offensive genius' in the NFL. he doesn't have great coaching skills but he makes up for it in other areas.

i am still waiting for your response on that Sig bet challenge. if norv sucks so bad then clearly you must be confident enough to bet me that the chargers will not win the division and then win at least one playoff game as well?

while simply winning the division and one playoff game isn't our goal, a coach that "sucks" surly would not be capable of doing so, right?

Comment

Originally posted by baphamet View Post
          also, you same clowns that love to make the excuse for fox that his boss in Carolina didn't give him enough help are the same ones blaming norv for his stints in Washington and Oakland, the two poorest ran franchise's in the NFL.
          You're the only clown that thinks those scenarios are the same. Oakland and Washington spend gobs and gobs of money on guys that don't pan out. Carolina decided to deliberately not re-sign veterans crucial to the teams success, and not spend money on needed people.

How are these things the same?

norv isn't a great coach but his teams in SD have been pretty good. i remember when people gave credit to Marty and said norv just wins with Marty's team.

well....marty has been removed for 4 years now and the chargers are still a pretty good team.
          They have slowly gone down hill, and have now missed the playoffs, largely due to Norv's inabilities as a HC.
          he is also one of the best offensive genius' in the NFL.
          OK, I can agree to that. But a good OC doesn't necessarily make you a good HC.

i am still waiting for your response on that Sig bet challenge. if norv sucks so bad then clearly you must be confident enough to bet me that the chargers will not win the division and then win at least one playoff game as well?

while simply winning the division and one playoff game isn't our goal, a coach that "sucks" surly would not be capable of doing so, right?
          My lack of confidence in the Division begets my reason for not taking your bet. I wouldn't be surprised at all if the Division winner has 9 wins or less this year, especially given the schedules.

No, I'm not taking your bet, and no, it has nothing to do with some imagined inner fear of Norv actually being better than I'm saying
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kishzilla View Post
            You're the only clown that thinks those scenarios are the same. Oakland and Washington spend gobs and gobs of money on guys that don't pan out. Carolina decided to deliberately not re-sign veterans crucial to the teams success, and not spend money on needed people.

How are these things the same?
            you are right, they are not the same. the situations in Oakland and Washington are worse.

i want you to show me one credible link that confirms that their owner deliberately didn't sign vets just to get fox out of town. lol

its such a whiny excuse to revert blame from fox.

fox was a good hire and i don't have a problem with saying he doesn't deserve all the blame for his recent record in Carolina, but completly blaming the owner for his shortcomings is just pathetic.

They have slowly gone down hill, and have now missed the playoffs, largely due to Norv's inabilities as a HC.

OK, I can agree to that. But a good OC doesn't necessarily make you a good HC.
            all i know is norv has done a decent job at times, he doesn't suck compared to the other coaches. he isn't great but he doesn't suck either, he isn't far behind fox IMO.

he is the second best coach in the division behind fox, play calling aside. overall i would say he is slightly above average compared to the rest of the coaches in the NFL.

My lack of confidence in the Division begets my reason for not taking your bet. I wouldn't be surprised at all if the Division winner has 9 wins or less this year, especially given the schedules.
            and a playoff win? what does winning in the playoffs have to do with the rest of the division? i will even guarantee 10 wins if it makes you feel better about your chances.

No, I'm not taking your bet, and no, it has nothing to do with some imagined inner fear of Norv actually being better than I'm saying
            i wasn't suggesting that but you seem rather paranoid at the moment.

i think you more fear betting me than anything, i have been here since 2006 and have never lost a sig bet.

so i cant say that i blame you for backing down.

Comment

you are right, they are not the same. the situations in Oakland and Washington are worse.

i want you to show me one credible link that confirms that their owner deliberately didn't sign vets just to get fox out of town. lol
              How the hell am I supposed to come up with that?

It's common knowledge that Jerry Richardson was the NFL ownership's mouthpiece during the lockout, and that he didn't want a bloated payroll if there is no football in 2011 since he was hell bent on bending the players over.

They traded Chris Harris to the Bears for a backup linebacker. Go ahead and look up his numbers in Chicago last year dude and tell me he wasn't needed in Carolina. They asked Fox about it and he said something like "The team has set a budget and that was why".

Even Julius peppers said the Philosophy in Carolina's FO was "We're going to do away with anybody who was making any significant amount of money, and we're going to keep young guys." approaching the 2010 season.

Tell me how intentionally sabotaging the team is better than throwing money around and not hitting the mark all the time. I'd say malice is worse.

fox was a good hire and i don't have a problem with saying he doesn't deserve all the blame for his recent record in Carolina, but completly blaming the owner for his shortcomings is just pathetic.
              I'm not laying complete blame, but when confronted with people who want to lay complete blame on Fox, that is the first and foremost argument against it. I am not nor have I ever said it's all the FO fault in Carolina.

i cant say that i blame you for backing down.
              It's not a bet I'm more than 50% sure I can win, so I'm not gunna do it. Nothing to do with being scared.
              sigpic

Comment

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/201...s-what-it.html

This year, there have been times when he has seemed intent on wrecking one of the relationships that brought him here.

Nobody was more of an advocate for Fox than general manager Marty Hurney, who had worked with Fox in San Diego during the early 1990s.

For the first eight years of Fox's tenure, they were nearly conjoined. But that changed when Fox's request for an extension was denied by owner Jerry Richardson. Hurney was being picked to direct the team through the reconstruction, and Hurney was the agent for many of the changes Fox hated the most.

Richardson, preparing for a potential 2011 lockout of players while a new collective-bargaining agreement is negotiated, gave specific orders. With 2010 being played without a salary cap, the Panthers used the opportunity to get bad contracts off the books without penalty. They cut veterans, or allowed them to walk away, looking to leave the team well-positioned for the future.

None of that helped Fox, and his displeasure was evident.

Fox and Hurney were asked to comment for this story, and both declined. Fox wants to take the high road, and Hurney likely knows there isn't much more to be said.

But the gulf between them now is shocking.

A longtime NFC scout described seeing them at the University of Florida's pro day workouts this year. In the past, Fox and Hurney were side-by-side. This spring found them on opposite ends of the weight room during workouts.

"They never spoke to each other the whole time they were there," the scout said. "Foxy and Marty were always next to each other, comparing notes, cracking jokes, but something was different this year, and it was easy to see."

It got easier once the season started.

Inquiries about player moves this season have been met with references to "the budget," reminding the media that "those all aren't my decisions," and pointing questioners to "the personnel department."

To Fox's mind, it's the truth. To those left in his wake, it helped create the awkwardness that has most team employees anxious for this season to end.
                http://www.nytimes.com/2011/08/08/sp...resh-hope.html

But the Panthers, whose fiscal austerity last year in advance of the looming lockout was blamed in part for a league-worst 2-14 record, are not putting the franchise entirely on Newton’s back. The Newton era begins with a new coach — Ron Rivera, the former San Diego Chargers defensive coordinator, replaces John Fox — and a jaw-dropping spending spree.
                The salary-cap room saved over all was to be used to pay players like Beason, Johnson and Williams, but the Panthers decided to hold the money and not hand out those contracts last year because of the expected lockout.

Fans seethed at ticket price increases while money was stockpiled rather than spent right away. Their own players wondered, too.

“A lot of times as workers, we’re not always allowed to see the big plan or the blueprint, and so at times it did look a little murky,” said wide receiver Steve Smith, who requested a trade after last season but changed his mind and decided he wanted to remain in Charlotte for what will be his 11th season.
                http://www.denverpost.com/paige/ci_18466099

When the NFL's veteran free-agent signing period is underway, abruptly and briefly, John Fox will experience a fresh concept.

The Broncos will sign a few free agents.

During the coach's final two years as the lame-Fox coach of the Panthers, the franchise signed exactly zero new, high-profile, unrestricted free agents.

"I am aware of that," Fox said grimly when I brought up the rather astounding, ignominious absence of activity by Carolina.
                http://www.usatoday.com/sports/footb...panthers_N.htm

Richardson defended the decision to shed numerous veterans in the offseason and replace them with inexperienced, cheaper players. The Panthers have lost six straight and are the league's lowest-scoring team.
                The talent level appears to be far short of making this team competitive thanks to decisions not to go after a veteran quarterback, receiver, right guard and defensive tackles following the offseason purge that left Carolina with a league-low $77 million payroll. That's not counting about $30 million in so-called "dead money" for players no longer on the team that would have counted toward the salary cap this season, if there was one.
                sigpic

Comment

anyone else interested in how they did on thier predictions? ALOT of fail in this thread...
                  Originally posted by baphamet
                  are you talking career or right now? because i don't see how you can say manning is top 5 even healthy.dude will never be a top 5 QB again, he is done.

Comment

Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
                    I'll go 7-9, not sure who we beat, but we'll be around 6-8 wins.

And our defense will be Top 18-20 barring injuries. Having Dumervil back is huge along with getting Miller.
                    Not too bad, right on the wins for now, and the defense.

Comment

i am definitely surprised by Denver's defense and how much better they are this year.

Comment

Dammit Roddoliver he said ONE!
                        I really like Cheese.

Comment

i am definitely surprised by Denver's defense and how much better they are this year.
                          I didn't think it would be this good, but Fox has always had good defenses when he was in Carolina.

Having Dumervil back along with the addition of Miller helps.

Comment

It is WEIRD how this season has turned out, a majority of fans on BOTH sides , me included didnt think Denver, the Defense or Tebow would do anything this year, and that SD would rule the Div. once again like they always do.

The only thing I got right is how avr. the Divsion is again as a whole. Once again a Champ with probably only 9 wins.

I long for the AFC West being the dominate Div. in the NFL!
                            sigpicoh YEAH?

Comment

I didn't say it in this thread, but I was thinking 9-7 the whole way. Id love to see 10-6. Nostradumass...that's great....poor old bm1 and his stupid threads lol

Comment

Honestly i thought the broncos would be picking in the top ten. glad they arent. Playoffs in denver again... wonderful!
                                The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom
                                While he sits by his hearth at home.
                                Quickly finds when questioned by others .
                                That he knows nothing at all.

Comment

Working...
                                X