Tebow overrated over hyped.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tebow overrated over hyped.

LOL at all the donk fans calling for him to start. By all means please do. This proves the theory how clueless donk fans truely are.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...st-qb-in-camp/

Some Broncos see Tebow as fourth best QB in camp
    Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on August 23, 2011, 3:35 PM EDT

APA rough month in the development of Broncos quarterback Tim Tebow is about to get a little rougher.

Michael Silver of Yahoo! Sports got some some eye-opening quotes from various members of the Broncos organization that will make waves in Denver.

“If everything was totally equal, and this were a competition based only on performance at this camp, Tebow would probably be the fourth-string guy,” one source told Silver. “Kyle [Orton] is far and away the best, and Tebow’s way behind [Brady] Quinn, too. And I’m telling you, Adam Weber is flat-out better right now.”

Weber, an undrafted rookie, has no chance to actually pass Tebow on the depth chart. But Weber has looked impressive when given the chance, and Tebow is struggling to work under center or grasp a pro offense.

One Broncos executive says to, “Forget about how [Tebow] delivers the ball, or how accurate it is. First he has to know where to go with it.”

We’re getting to the point that this feels like piling on. It seems clear Tebow has a long way to go, and this Broncos staff may never fully embrace him as the answer. They see him as a project.

Silver confirms the Broncos were willing to trade Kyle Orton to the Dolphins for a third-round pick in late July. Receiver Brandon Lloyd called it a “relief” when Orton stayed put.

“Sometimes the best things that happen to you in life are the things that don’t happen,” one high-ranking official told Silver.

The usual caveats apply. Tebow was always supposed to take time. Through hard work, the Broncos think perhaps he could improve enough to start.

Maybe Tebow will be a succesful starter someday, in Denver or elsewhere. If that happens, we’ll hear a lot about how Tebow proved the “haters” wrong and overcame some low moments in his career.

It’s hard to imagine it will get much lower than being called the fourth-best quarterback on the Broncos, by the Broncos.

Originally posted by Bomb Squad View Post
    LOL at all the donk fans calling for him to start. By all means please do. This proves the theory how clueless donk fans truely are.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...st-qb-in-camp/
    Day late and a dollar short...this was already posted here. If you're going to troll at least do a little homework first!

Thx,
    Joe
    To live is to suffer, to survive is to find meaning in the suffering.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by garzjoe View Post
      Day late and a dollar short...this was already posted here. If you're going to troll at least do a little homework first!

Thx,
      Joe
      LOL! Sorry some people work and can't patrol a forum all day long.

Troll a smack forum? Wow. Do I even need to question this, or are you too stupid to figure it out.

Comment

Originally posted by garzjoe View Post

Thx,
        Joe
        it was? i have never seen this, not in smack at least.

if that is true i actually feel bad for tebow, how humiliating that must be for him. but it really does show how clueless some broncos fans are about the situation.

to their defense, most of them are clueless tebow fans who are brainwashing the real broncos fan base.

what a shame.

Comment

Originally posted by bomb squad View Post
          lol! Sorry some people work and can't patrol a forum all day long.

Troll a smack forum? Wow. Do i even need to question this, or are you too stupid to figure it out.

hey i know you!!!!!!!

Your that dude that called himself a moron!!!
          sigpic
          when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

Originally posted by arapaho View Post
            hey i know you!!!!!!!

Your that dude that called himself a moron!!!
            Wow... It must be painful if that is your comeback.

Comment

So I'm curious which donk fans would like Tebow to start.... Still...

Comment

Still do, we are NOT making the playoffs, are NOT making the playoffs, we ARE rebuilding, so it makes absolutely no sense to start Orton who is an average QB at best.

Play Tebow, and if he does bad, draft someone in the draft, if he does good, you're set for the next 10+ years.

And you are a weeee bit late on that report.

Comment

Originally posted by baphamet View Post
                  it was? i have never seen this, not in smack at least.

if that is true i actually feel bad for tebow, how humiliating that must be for him. but it really does show how clueless some broncos fans are about the situation.

to their defense, most of them are clueless tebow fans who are brainwashing the real broncos fan base.

what a shame.
                  Some truth, some fluff. Adam Weber is probably ahead of Tebow as a true NFL passer. That's to be expected since Tebow came from a spread offense that had him in shotgun all the time and was predicated on a run fake just about every play to keep the defense honest. Looks like you’re a Nebraska fan so you should know exactly what I'm talking about...the offense you guys run is not really the best offense to prepare a QB for the NFL. However if Weber does have an edge on Tebow passing it’s only a slight edge.

Now the difference with the two is that Tebow's upside because of his running ability and his ability to create when a play breaks downs means he is more valuable long term (assuming he can develop as an NFL QB). When I say develop I'm talking about many of the fundamentals like his drops, his footwork, the QB/Center exchange, reading a defense while dropping, looking off coverage's, going through his progressions, and most importantly his accuracy and consistency.

Many of the things Tebow needs to get better at are the same things all young QB's must master coming into the NFL, however Tebow does have a slightly larger learning curve because of the offense he ran in college. A lot is made about his throwing motion…but I have NO issue with his throwing motion which people put WAY too much stock into.

There is nothing wrong with the kid, he simply needs a little more time to develop. Orton came into camp and did great, his performance quickly sealed any doubt who should be the starter on our team. Quinn took the off season to improve, hired some QB coaches and this camp he has done very well, much better than last year. Tim Tebow did suffer from not being able to work with the coaches in OTA's because of the lockout situation.

In the end the article blows things a little out of proportion...Tebow is still in the running for the backup #2 spot. He will probably end up #3 but with the new NFL rule we have in place where the coach does NOT have to list a #2, #3 QB means Fox will not have to tell anyone who the real #2. Regardless I can see us putting Tebow packages in for certain situations.

Thx,
                  Joe

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
                    Still do, we are NOT making the playoffs, are NOT making the playoffs, we ARE rebuilding, so it makes absolutely no sense to start Orton who is an average QB at best.

Play Tebow, and if he does bad, draft someone in the draft, if he does good, you're set for the next 10+ years.

do you honestly expect the broncos to take that approach? seriously, if tebow is doing that poorly and considered the worst QB on the team even behind the un drafted rookie.....i don't think you have to put him out there to come to the conclusion that you will be drafting a real first round QB next year.

although, i have been saying this for how long now? it is just now starting to sink in.

Comment

Pass. He's not even close.

I'll take KO anyday over Tebow right now.
                      2013 Adopt-a-Bronco: Demaryius Thomas

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
                        Not really. It's a subject that needs attention. I can't remember any football player coming out of college with such fanfare. If memory serves I read somewhere that his Jersey is like #4 in sales!

Are you kidding me! It's just blind homerism by Tebow and Bronco fans. Blows me away.

Comment

First off were Bronco fans or are you too stupid to figure that out?

However to answer your question there is a split, there are those who want Orton to start and those who want Tebow to start. In the end the majority of our community cares more about winning than who is taking the snaps. There is a small minority that want their guy to start more than the team to win.

Thx,
                          Joe

sigpic

Comment

Tim Tebow:

Starter

2nd String

3rd String

4th String

Hey Donkey fans, what happened to Teway...your supposed "Elway Replacement"?

In a matter of weeks he went from "Oh yeah, I'm the starter....to chop chop chop 4th stringer.

You Teway nut huggers crack me up! Seriously, I was looking forward to LMAO this year @ Teway implode and train wreck the Broncos offense this year.

Oh well, guess nobody gets to see him fail.

Where any donk fans surprised about this?

With Tim Tebow in a battle for the No. 3 job, the Broncos are thankful they didn't trade starter Kyle Orton.

Quote of the year:

Comment

The bottom line is, our responsibility is to do the best we can to win football games, and we’ve got to figure out the best thing to do to accomplish that. This is why we've selected Kyle Orton as our starter this year and not Tim Tebow. Kyle gives us the best chance of winning now and Tebow does not. - John Elway

Quote of the year:

Comment

Working...
                              X