X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by toothpick View Post
    Still think the Browns won't beat Indy?
    I think McCoy is going to have a good year and take major strides
    You guys have a much improved squad, I would be excited if I were a Browns fan. To say the least.
    Kerry Collins > Colt McCoy

Browns are still losing to the Colts.

Also, the Browns are not "much improved" they took major steps back.

Everyone (especially the media) is making Holmgren and Shurmur out to be these geniuses. Well, the Browns had a defensive genius in Rob Ryan. What did Holmgren decide to do about that - for the betterment of the team he FIRED him and replaced him with **** Jauron. Now, the defense has undergone a complete overhaul. It is a 4-3 defense instead of a 3-4. So, what does that mean for the defense? That the defense will "magically" stop people? No, that isn't what an "overhaul" is. An overhaul means they will be struggling. The defense will be lucky if it stops ANYBODY especially the Bengals.

Then, they definately "improved" the offense, right? What did they do to the offense to "improve" it? They drafted a running back and are plugging him in at wide reciever. That just gets me "really" excited. On top of that they refused to resign one of the top blocking fullbacks in the league - Vickers. Why? Because Shurmur doesn't like blocking fullbacks he wants "more athletic fullbacks". So, they drafted Marecic and how athletic has he been? He can't catch, he can't block, and he can't run. He is one of those stupid fullback/linebacker hybrids. At least we know he can tackle someone.

Then, on top of all of that. The Browns lose their pro-bowl calliber left guard for the season. Leaving a team with extremely poor depth with even less depth. The team went dumpster diving and signed Raven and Redskin castoffs to try and provide SOME depth at the offensive guard position. Then, as if to add final insult to injury - the Browns starting right tackle is dinged up and probably won't play the first week.

But don't worry the Browns team president is Mike Holmgren, that way the media can praise him even when the Browns are losing as he is "turning the team around". It's all a part of his "plan" you see? The Browns will turn around by having no depth at any position because that's how you make winners!
    Last edited by Charlie Brown; 09-09-2011, 01:03 PM.
    The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Brown View Post
      Kerry Collins > Colt McCoy

Browns are still losing to the Colts.

Also, the Browns are not "much improved" they took major steps back.

Everyone (especially the media) is making Holmgren and Shurmur out to be these geniuses. Well, the Browns had a defensive genius in Rob Ryan. What did Holmgren decide to do about that - for the betterment of the team he FIRED him and replaced him with **** Jauron. Now, the defense has undergone a complete overhaul. It is a 4-3 defense instead of a 3-4. So, what does that mean for the defense? That the defense will "magically" stop people? No, that isn't what an "overhaul" is. An overhaul means they will be struggling. The defense will be lucky if it stops ANYBODY especially the Bengals.

Then, they definately "improved" the offense, right? What did they do to the offense to "improve" it? They drafted a running back and are plugging him in at wide reciever. That just gets me "really" excited. On top of that they refused to resign one of the top blocking fullbacks in the league - Vickers. Why? Because Shurmur doesn't like blocking fullbacks he wants "more athletic fullbacks". So, they drafted Marecic and how athletic has he been? He can't catch, he can't block, and he can't run. He is one of those stupid fullback/linebacker hybrids. At least we know he can tackle someone.

Then, on top of all of that. The Browns lose their pro-bowl calliber left guard for the season. Leaving a team with extremely poor depth with even less depth. The team went dumpster diving and signed Raven and Redskin castoffs to try and provide SOME depth at the offensive guard position. Then, as if to add final insult to injury - the Browns starting right tackle is dinged up and probably won't play the first week.

But don't worry the Browns team president is Mike Holmgren, that way the media can praise him even when the Browns are losing as he is "turning the team around". It's all a part of his "plan" you see? The Browns will turn around by having no depth at any position because that's how you make winners!
      I think you guys are better off than you think. Still have a bookend Left tackle still have an underrated over productive running back. Colt McCoy has been a bright spot finally the Browns might have something to be excited about as far as a franchise Qb in place. (We'll See)

I don't really know how they are on the defensive side of things but hey my team is having the same pains you are!
      Things look up =P
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by toothpick View Post
        I think you guys are better off than you think. Still have a bookend Left tackle still have an underrated over productive running back.
        Peyton Hillis is overrated. The loss of Vickers will hurt him tremendously as well as the loss of Steinbach. Those losses will cripple the running game - which the head coach (and offensive coordinator since he is both) said he will not emphasize.

Colt McCoy has been a bright spot finally the Browns might have something to be excited about as far as a franchise Qb in place. (We'll See)
        The key thing is that is the preseason and most of the touchdown passes as well as yards came in a single preseason game. That was against the Lions - he threw 3 touchdown passes in that preseason game. So, since he threw three touchdown passes in a preseason game McCoy suddenly is a "franchise QB" he is suddenly "great" and on the "verge of success" in the NFL because he played well in a preseason game? The Browns leading rusher in the preseason was Armond Smith - he ran for nearly 200 rushing yards with a 6.2 ypc average. That's pretty awesome, why are the Browns starting Hillis instead of Armond Smith?

Why? Because it is the preseason. Hillis didn't play much and the team wanted to see Smith perform. For that performance, Smith is now the Browns third string running back - behind Montario Hardesty. McCoy looked horrible against the Eagles in a game where most starters played untill halftime. Shouldn't that have more weight than using McCoy's performance against the Packers and Lions backups?

I don't really know how they are on the defensive side of things but hey my team is having the same pains you are!
        Things look up =P
        Things look up for Denver - not the Browns. Denver fired a horrible coach (who was at one time a young "hotshot" offensive coordinator) that tore your team apart and hired a smart defensive coach that has had success in the NFL. The Browns did the opposite. They fired a good coach and replaced him with a young hotshot offensive coordinator.
        The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

Working...
        X