Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the Raiders answer for...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by DevilSpawn View Post
    A rape trial?

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Joshecalpoly View Post
      I know Pre-season doesnt mean anything but the raiders were incredibly unimpressive as a team. Orton looked better then Campbell but everyone looked better then Cassel whose ability to make a 1st down was no where near a playoff QB and barely even a level for a starter not to mention the fact his throwing was so bad only Clausen looked worse last year. Rivers of course looked the best

      The Raider got the most out of the power running game, followed by the Broncos, the Chargers and Chiefs. However the Chargers the Broncos then the Raiders and then the Chiefs had the most impressive overall running game.

      In the possession game the Broncos had the best receivers, followed by the chargers, the raiders, then the chiefs. The same goes for playmaking


      The O-line was easily the Chargers then Broncos, then Raiders, then Chiefs (who missed Waters).

      In other words besides the power running game the raiders had the worst looking offense, but the chiefs were consistently the worst looking team.


      The D-line was somehow the Broncos, Chiefs, Chargers and Raiders (its hard to believe this is what we will see)

      The LB corps was the Chargers, Broncos, Chiefs and Raiders looked the best at getting to the ball. When it comes to preventing plays at key moments Broncos, Chiefs, Raiders, then Chargers.

      As for secondary Chiefs, Chargers, Broncos, and Raiders when it comes to coverage. When it comes to creating a play the Chiefs, Chargers, Broncos then Raiders

      If this preseason is any indication to how the team plays the raider D is going to be the worst in the AFC West.

      We know its not any indication but here is how ild rank the teams

      Offense
      Chargers
      Broncos
      Raiders
      Chiefs

      Defense
      Chiefs
      Broncos
      Chargers
      Raiders

      Overall (hard to rank but this was the based on the best I can do right now especially with how little we have to go on)
      Broncos
      Chargers
      Raiders
      Chiefs
      Good breakdown on the preseason....sincerely

      but if you look a bit further, McFadden was out most of the preseason, Seymour didn`t play a whole lot, Chris Johnson didn`t play at all, Chaz Schillens didn`t play more than a few catches, Millers replacement Boss didn`t play much, Jacoby Ford didn`t play at all, Louis Murphy didn`t play at all.............
      .
      All of them except Murphy and Boss will be playing Monday night.....

      Pre season isn`t an indicator of anything really and I expect a grinding divisional brutal match.......

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by jwhitt1 View Post
        Good breakdown on the preseason....sincerely

        but if you look a bit further, McFadden was out most of the preseason, Seymour didn`t play a whole lot, Chris Johnson didn`t play at all, Chaz Schillens didn`t play more than a few catches, Millers replacement Boss didn`t play much, Jacoby Ford didn`t play at all, Louis Murphy didn`t play at all.............
        .
        All of them except Murphy and Boss will be playing Monday night.....

        Pre season isn`t an indicator of anything really and I expect a grinding divisional brutal match.......
        I said it myself preseason doesnt mean much. With the Broncos at 50% health right now its going to be a struggle to keep men on the field, and I expect more injuries like Gallery gave us because it is the Raiders after all they celebrate even if they lose as long as someone on the other team gets carted away.

        I dont expect the Broncos to have gaping holes in the middle and be vulnerable in the flats. However if Kuper is healthy again we will be able to see if the running games improved but the passing game will take a bit longer to be at its best.
        2016 Draft: http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...aft-Watch-list

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Joshecalpoly View Post
          I said it myself preseason doesnt mean much. With the Broncos at 50% health right now its going to be a struggle to keep men on the field, and I expect more injuries like Gallery gave us because it is the Raiders after all they celebrate even if they lose as long as someone on the other team gets carted away.

          I dont expect the Broncos to have gaping holes in the middle and be vulnerable in the flats. However if Kuper is healthy again we will be able to see if the running games improved but the passing game will take a bit longer to be at its best.
          I watched that Raiders Saints game in week 3. Thats usually the best week of the 4 to really get a grasp of a team, the other 3 are players that wont even make the team

          Hey, we saw the Saints take it to the wire with the Packers on Thursday night

          I saw the Raiders go mano y mano with the Saints with starters vs starters until the 2nd half. I beleieve Oakland was leading by then.

          I saw the Raiders move down 3 times and score on 3 possessions vs the Saints, whom most predict will represent the NFC in the SB.

          Raiders did that without Seymour, McFadden, Ford, Johnson etc, like 7 of their starters didnt play and they hung right with the Saints and even took a lead on them at half.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Joshecalpoly View Post
            If this preseason is any indication to how the team plays the raider D is going to be the worst in the AFC West.
            This unit worries me a great deal. The Raiders gave up big plays with Nnamdi on the field. The way they run their defense limits what they can potentially do.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by DevilSpawn View Post
              This unit worries me a great deal. The Raiders gave up big plays with Nnamdi on the field. The way they run their defense limits what they can potentially do.
              I don't know how your other CB's are doing, but Nnamdi will certainly be missed.
              Last edited by ERoyal248; 09-10-2011, 07:53 AM.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
                I don't know how your other CB's are doing, but Nnamdi will certainly be missed.
                Routt is good. Chris Johnson is slightly better than the labels we put on him. Both aren't Nnamdi by any stretch.

                Then there are the two rookies. Chimdi Chekwa got hurt so I don't know what we have in him yet. DeMarcus Van Dyke is light as a feather. He looks like he can be a solid man cover corner except he doesn't look for the ball. In his first start, he was step for step with Larry Fitzgerald but didn't look for the ball. Fitz made the catch for 40 something yards. If he plays like this, he'll be no better than Philip Buchanon.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by DevilSpawn View Post
                  This unit worries me a great deal. The Raiders gave up big plays with Nnamdi on the field. The way they run their defense limits what they can potentially do.
                  Yeah teams took advantage of the hole in preseason and your line wasnt much help at creating the pressure to stop that, but they will probably get better. What killed you guys the most was your 3rd down D but it was not as bad as SD, still thats something that should change in the regular season
                  2016 Draft: http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...aft-Watch-list

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Joshecalpoly View Post
                    Yeah teams took advantage of the hole in preseason and your line wasnt much help at creating the pressure to stop that, but they will probably get better. What killed you guys the most was your 3rd down D but it was not as bad as SD, still thats something that should change in the regular season
                    Third down D had me pulling my hair out. A lot of third and longs too from what I remember. Seymour didn't play much, but the d-line is the least of my concerns. However I do see Denver piling up yards between the 20s.

                    The coordinator is the ultimate yes man. Only thing he has going for him is that the last good defense we had, he was running it, but we don't go around saying Chuck B was the reason we went to the SB.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by DevilSpawn View Post
                      Routt is good. Chris Johnson is slightly better than the labels we put on him. Both aren't Nnamdi by any stretch.

                      Then there are the two rookies. Chimdi Chekwa got hurt so I don't know what we have in him yet. DeMarcus Van Dyke is light as a feather. He looks like he can be a solid man cover corner except he doesn't look for the ball. In his first start, he was step for step with Larry Fitzgerald but didn't look for the ball. Fitz made the catch for 40 something yards. If he plays like this, he'll be no better than Philip Buchanon.
                      Van Dykes sizee and speed is what made him a pick for the Raiders in the first place not his coverage skills. A corner who rarely makes plays for the ball is fine especially when they can play at such great speed, but if they cant jam the receiver to save there life its going to cause problems. Personally I liked Curtis Marsh of the 3rd round talent its to bad hes not in cali, he was a great mixture of size speed and talent.

                      Chekwa had amazing speed in college and his ability prevent catches was better then PP so if e can stay healthy I expect to hate him a lot, but I still believe Marsh was the best combination of athleticism and intelligence of the class. Still Chekwa wasnt named 1st team all american just because he has amazing speed, i expect he will be fine, in fact I expect him to be the steal of the CB class if he stays healthy. The last corner I said that about was Bradley Fletcher so I dont think my judge of talent is to bad
                      Last edited by Joshecalpoly; 09-10-2011, 05:22 PM.
                      2016 Draft: http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...aft-Watch-list

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X