Brandon Lloyd out, Tebow in?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brandon Lloyd out, Tebow in?

I cannot believe this. Denver's Best offensive player gets put on the trade block because Tebow is a running QB so why waste Lloyd's talent out there? Are you kidding me Denver fans?

What is the brass thinking here?

Can some donkey fan logically explain this?

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-31751_16...-10391697.html

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_19108351

Quote of the year:

Well they could be seeing what his value is out there to work on a new contract, or are trying to get a higher draft pick that what they would get from comp picks. DT is coming back and maybe the coaching staff feel he is a better fit for Foxball to many rumors to really put to much thought behind it.

Adopted Broncos:
    (2011-2013) Eric Decker
    (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
    (2019-Current) Drew Lock
    Adopted posters:
    Everyone

Comment

Originally posted by #87Birdman View Post
      Well they could be seeing what his value is out there to work on a new contract, or are trying to get a higher draft pick that what they would get from comp picks. DT is coming back and maybe the coaching staff feel he is a better fit for Foxball to many rumors to really put to much thought behind it.
      another good player about the bite the donkey dust in Denver. How many good players has Denver slashed now...I've lost count. Lloyd would be better off on a team with a real passing QB anyway seeing out Tebow won't be passing the ball with his legs unless he's still yet to reveal something we don't already know about him.

Quote of the year:

Comment

Originally posted by BOLTMAN-1 View Post
        another good player about the bite the donkey dust in Denver. How many good players has Denver slashed now...I've lost count.
        It hasn't happened yet so yeah and really what good players have the broncos cut, since you know you thought Cutler was terrible. Brandon Marshall isn't a top 10 WR anymore and he is borderline getting suspended. Hillis has fumblities and Shef was just a big WR not a blocker. So that is a possible 4 that i have counted

Adopted Broncos:
        (2011-2013) Eric Decker
        (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
        (2019-Current) Drew Lock
        Adopted posters:
        Everyone

Comment

They tried to extend him, and he didn't accept, and he's a FA at seasons end, if they can get good value, go for it...

Anything less then that is bad though.

Comment

Talk to us when it actually happens. Nothing but rumors right now.

Comment

The two things are unrelated. B Lloyd on the block is relevant to the trading deadline, and his unwillingness to sign a reasonable extension.

Comment

You're not serious

You're trolling Boltman. The logic is evident. If you think that hanging on to Lloyd with an increasingly ground oriented attack is smart, that might explain your infatuation with the Chargers. Somehow, I think you're smarter than that.

Comment

Don't like it, but the FO is obviously thinking youth and rebuilding, and Lloyd does not fit that criteria

Comment

I've not met a single person who thinks it's completely stupid to trade Lloyd. Then again those people know the facts. Unlike you Boltman.

Comment

They believe Decker is getting better and better and DT and Royal are getting healthy. He wants to get payed big in FA and they want to get value out of him while they can.

Lloyd came to the Broncos to play with Orton, now that Ortons not the starter Lloyd doesnt want to play here next year so really its a better move considering we dont want to keep Orton just to keep Lloyd happy and the years essentially done already so why not get some value
                      2016 Draft: http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...aft-Watch-list

Comment

Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
                        They tried to extend him, and he didn't accept, and he's a FA at seasons end, if they can get good value, go for it...

Anything less then that is bad though.
                        Yep, this is basically what it came down to.

Comment

Will Teebs ever have a "go to receiver" or will it be a 1 dimensional offense, run run run?

Quote of the year:

Comment

Originally posted by BOLTMAN-1 View Post
                            Will Teebs ever have a "go to receiver" or will it be a 1 dimensional offense, run run run?
                            Will anyone ever care about what you say?

Comment

it is of interest that it appears as denver's FO is trying to appease the fans, they're also trying to do enough not to win games, and position themselves for higher draft picks it seems.

i have no problem with teams doing this positioning stuff if they think they're not contenders

i know your leftover players will still play to win, that's what players do, they're competitive, but i do have to wonder what lingering effect it will have on your player's mindset

i'd guess they're either going to "major league" it, or mentally and emotionally feel betrayed
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X