Imagine if Tebow doesn't improve.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Imagine if Tebow doesn't improve.

The AFC W will have a who's who of 1st round QBs.

Leaf
    Russell
    Tebow?

Chiefs are up next after they replace Cassel...
    sigpic

Originally posted by BroncoFanNC View Post
    The AFC W will have a who's who of 1st round QBs.

Leaf
    Russell
    Tebow?

Chiefs are up next after they replace Cassel...
    I don't think a reach at the 25th pick is on par with Leaf and Russell but to each their own.
    sigpic

Defense wins championships

Comment

Maybe not pick wise but Hype wise. Hell yeah.
      sigpic
      2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Comment

Originally posted by JakeNbake View Post
        Yeah but most of Tebows hype was negative there is a difference. Renowned will have proven a great deal if analysts correct Whee as the others proved then wrong
        2016 Draft: http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...aft-Watch-list

Comment

Originally posted by JakeNbake View Post
          More people said he would fail than he would succeed.

Russell and Leaf were #2 overall IIRC

yes all three may be huge busts. Oh well always next year....landry jones!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bernie24 View Post
            More people said he would fail than he would succeed.

Russell and Leaf were #2 overall IIRC

yes all three may be huge busts. Oh well always next year....landry jones!!!
            Russell was #1 overall and many said he was the best QB prospect to come out in years.

if tebow busts it wont be nearly as bad as those guys, the hype tebow gets is by his fans alone, everyone else is generally a lot more realistic about his chances.

Comment

I'd say there's 3 camps for Tebow. First is the rabid crazy stupid fan, or Teboner. Second is the people who believe in him/or don't believe and would like him to be successful but also understand the reality of the NFL QB game. And third are the hardcore detractors. The only thing they would like more than tebow falling on his face is if someone told them they're right.

As far as I'm concerned though Tebow is not even in the same category as Leaf or Russell despite his being drafted in the first round.

Comment

out here in california, all the hype i heard about tebow was positive hype... so i'm not sure what you guys are referring to when you say that it was all negative.

Maybe some journalists here and there, but its hard to be underrated as a heisman winning national championship donning florida gator QB...........

Comment

I say Chiefs give up everything to get Luck, and then he busts. That'd be perfect.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 12and4 View Post
                    out here in california, all the hype i heard about tebow was positive hype... so i'm not sure what you guys are referring to when you say that it was all negative.

Maybe some journalists here and there, but its hard to be underrated as a heisman winning national championship donning florida gator QB...........
                    Not really a needed debate, but just start with Merrill Hoge and go from there. The national sports press was'nt really nice. They still aren't. Tebow was on Drudge Report after the Miami win and after the Detroit loss.

Comment

Originally posted by baphamet View Post
                      Russell was #1 overall and many said he was the best QB prospect to come out in years.

if tebow busts it wont be nearly as bad as those guys, the hype tebow gets is by his fans alone, everyone else is generally a lot more realistic about his chances.
                      I watched the Stanford and USC game Saturday and I figure our next QB played in that game. Just my opinion.

Comment

I don't mean Tebow would be bust status in terms of analysts go.

I attribute Tebow to the Truman Show.

Everyone is so fascinated and he is just chugging along how he normally would.

Documentary's, autobiographies, all huge chunks about his football accolades. What other 1st round QB has all that to his name before he ever does a single thing in the NFL?

Dude has played into his own hype machine with all that stuff.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 12and4 View Post

as far as college football goes you are right, the guy is one of the best college football QB's of all time.

i was referring to him translating to the NFL. not everyone has been so sold on him being able to do it and rightfully so.

tebow fans think the dude is god and cannot fail at any level, realistic fans who know the game can see how his style of play just does not work in the NFL, combined with the glaring issues like never being a drop back passer his entire life before getting drafted.

hes never had to make reads from under center and while dropping back, it doesn't sound like a big deal but believe me it is huge.

you have to not only be able to read the defense from under center (which is not as easy as it is in the shotgun) but when dropping back you have to turn your back to the defense briefly then make your read again and make sure the defensive looks have not changed.

you have to do that all in 2-3 seconds when you are being blitzed, which is why he struggles and why teams will continue to blitz the living daylights out if him.

then, there is his well documented footwork, accuracy, and throwing motion issues he had coming into the league.

sure there is always a chance he can get better at those things and become a viable accurate NFL QB but the odds have always been stacked heavily against him being able to do it.

those are things knowledgeable NFL fans are aware of and tebow fan is oblivious to.
                          Last edited by baphamet; 11-01-2011, 10:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by freaky View Post
                            Not really a needed debate, but just start with Merrill Hoge and go from there. The national sports press was'nt really nice. They still aren't. Tebow was on Drudge Report after the Miami win and after the Detroit loss.
                            before the draft.... not now.

and regarding the thread title.. you wouldn't need much of an imagination.

Comment

I still think its funny you say you dont hate him.

Comment

Working...
                              X