Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

can the broncos win the division without a passing game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can the broncos win the division without a passing game?

first off i want to say nice win today broncos fans, you guys are doing what i never thought could be possible.....winning virtually without any kind of decent or traditional passing game.

the question is, can it continue? can you guys win the division mainly running the football?

can your defense continue to play as well as they have lately?

and do you guys think its enough for tebow to keep his job next year?

what i want to know is, where was that running game and defense earlier in the season?
    sigpic

1. No. But I don't see it continuing like this, so...

2. Our defense is young (must address secondary) and talented, they're for real and will emerge as one of the top defenses in the league in the coming years. I called it now!

3. No. If he keeps playing like this, he will not be our starting qb next season.
    Adopted Poster
    AZ Snake Fan

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosDivision View Post
      1. No. But I don't see it continuing like this, so...

2. Our defense is young (must address secondary) and talented, they're for real and will emerge as one of the top defenses in the league in the coming years. I called it now!

3. No. If he keeps playing like this, he will not be our starting qb next season.
      i don't think the bolded is very realistic, its going to continue, at least for one more week.

until teams can stop your running attack you guys are going to primarily run the ball then go deep every once in a while.

i think it caters to tebow's strengths and his weakness'

but i think what is clear is he isn't ever going to be that prototype NFL QB, they gave up even trying and rightfully so.

maybe there is a chance they work with him in the off season but i think this is a case of what you see is what you get.

be interesting to see how far they can take it though.
      sigpic

Comment

We aren't going to have to win the division without a passing game. The Broncos will win the Division on a run heavy offensive attack supplemented with 1-2 pass TD's per game. Seriously, your bolts are in trouble. Wait until you face this relentless rush attack supplemented by a straight nasty defense.

We have the best defense in the AFCW.

We are going to hurt phillip rivers this time around. Von Miller is a Manimal. The rush attack is such a threat its going to really open our pass game as we continue to improve each week. TT will have a career of owning your Bolts. Dolts.

Comment

We may be the Chiefs of last year. Low turnovers, top tier running game.
          sigpic

Comment

I could be waaaaay off base on this but think "Management" put Tebow in based on overwhelming fan support thinking he would suck then they could move on. Well, it backfired on em. He sucks but he's winning so what do they do now?

Running a college offense because your organization doesn't have confidence that your QB can pass the ball. Elway, IMHO, won't stand for that long term.

I do like the kid as a person and the heart he displays on the field but you folks need to find yourself a real QB.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by baphamet View Post
              i don't think the bolded is very realistic, its going to continue, at least for one more week.

until teams can stop your running attack you guys are going to primarily run the ball then go deep every once in a while.

i think it caters to tebow's strengths and his weakness'

but i think what is clear is he isn't ever going to be that prototype NFL QB, they gave up even trying and rightfully so.

maybe there is a chance they work with him in the off season but i think this is a case of what you see is what you get.

be interesting to see how far they can take it though.
              Prototype of what Baph? If you want to call it a "prototype," well then you have to define the prototype of what? Prototype pocket passer? Sure, maybe he's not the greatest ever. So freaking what the talking heads and doubters like yourself are going to have to learn to put a cork in it after we get enough wins.

TT will sure be a prototype of whatever the heck QB he is, even if the design prototype doesn't work in the NFL. People have so much trouble evaluating this guy because we haven't seen anybody possess his exact skills so far. Sure, there have been other running QB's, but this guy's build and competitiveness do make him unique.

TT potential is exactly what your talking about. A prototype for a different kind of running QB. If he continues to grow and have success in the league with his dual run/pass threat... it'll be a player like we have never seen before.

Comment

Originally posted by RAIDER951 View Post
                I could be waaaaay off base on this but think "Management" put Tebow in based on overwhelming fan support thinking he would suck then they could move on. Well, it backfired on em. He sucks but he's winning so what do they do now?

Running a college offense because your organization doesn't have confidence that your QB can pass the ball. Elway, IMHO, won't stand for that long term.

I do like the kid as a person and the heart he displays on the field but you folks need to find yourself a real QB.
                I agree with you on that. Hopefully he'll not have to make such a decision (quitting on Tebow).

As for the conspiracy theory, you never know but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. I mean, they've adjusted and changed plays. I'm seeing new things every week.

This is all too weird coming from a Raider though but I respect your honesty, that's pretty cool. :thumb:
                Adopted Poster
                AZ Snake Fan

Comment

Who knows? I think that if Tebow can hit a few more of those big plays more consistently were in pretty good shape. He seems to be getting better even with the few opportunities.
                  sigpicAn intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend any amount of time with a Cowboys fan. ~ John Riggins

Comment

Originally posted by baphamet View Post
                    first off i want to say nice win today broncos fans, you guys are doing what i never thought could be possible.....winning virtually without any kind of decent or traditional passing game.

the question is, can it continue? can you guys win the division mainly running the football?

can your defense continue to play as well as they have lately?

and do you guys think its enough for tebow to keep his job next year?

what i want to know is, where was that running game and defense earlier in the season?
                    Well gee whiz, it should be so easy to stop. I mean someone was telling me earlier this year all you have to do is stack 8 in the box and take away the edge and Tebow wont be able to do anything Put a spy on him and he'll be sunk. That guy should be a DC someplace.

We're getting what we expected to get from Fox in a nutshell, it's just a roundabout way of doing it. Smash mouth rush attack, coupled with a hard nosed Defense. We talked about this all offseason, it shouldn't be that big of a surprise.

The reason it wasn't happening earlier this season? Well let's see, when your QB is coughing up the pig skin like a fat guy choking on pork rinds, the D has to be on the field a lot longer. When you're playing from behind all the time, you have to throw more, and when you throw more, you can't get the run game going. Oh yeah, and we were using KnoShow NoGainO too much. Oh, and it helps your running game when your QB can put up a 100 yard game and a couple TD passes.

This kind of football does a few things. It dominates T.O.P., it wears down and demoralizes the opponents Defense, making it easier as the game goes on, and most importantly, it keeps the opponents offense off the field, making it tough for them to put points on the board.

I was talking about the "option" being an option since last year. I was surprised we hadn't implemented it more sooner to be honest. The only reason we didn't was because the Orton trade didn't go down as planned, otherwise we probably would have, and may have more wins than we do now as a result. You've got a guy who ran it better than just about anyone who ever has, so why wouldn't you? Oh yeah, to try to stuff a square peg into a round hole, because that's what you think is a good idea Or is it because that's what ESPN says? Or any other number of talking heads.

I don't really care how we get wins, as long as we get them.

As far as winning the Division? I don't feel like that's entirely in our control yet. We need the rest of you guys to continue falling on your faces for a while longer before that is something that we can make happen. We've got some tough games coming up against some good defenses so we'll have to see.

Here's a question for you. If we do win the Division, and maybe even a game or two in the Playoffs, with the "worst QB in the NFL", after going 4-12 last year, and starting 1-4 this year, what does that say about all of your cockamamey theories about what a QB should be, and any deviation from that is a failure?

I'm sure you'll come up with some BS how that would ultimately be bad for us, and how we should get rid of Tebow regardless Tebow Hater would think that, cuz they scurrrrred lol.

If we are even close to .500 this year, it's pretty much a steak in the heart of everything you've said about the dude, as far as his viability in the NFL. Things change all the time. I don't see why a guy like Tebow, who would undoubtedly improve in the passing game over time, should be automatically disposed of if we have success with him. That's just stupid.
                    sigpic

Comment

No, we can't, we're EVENTUALLY going to have to win games with his arm. We won't be the likes of Brady, Rivers, etc this year by just running the ball, playing defense.

And our defense is very underrated, no reason why they can't keep playing this well. Dumervil is getting back to form, Miller is a BAMF, the DL is holding it's own..

Champ is playing like Champ.

Could use an upgrade opposite Champ though.

We're pounding the rock, controlling the LOS, and keeping our D fresh. But as i said, eventually we are gonna have to win games by his arm.

Don't see us doing it this week vs the Jets, they have a pretty decent run-D, we'll see. Think that could get ugly.

Comment

As long as the chargers, chiefs, raiders keep losing, yes...

Comment

Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post

Don't see us doing it this week vs the Jets, they have a pretty decent run-D, we'll see. Think that could get ugly.
                          The Jets haven't played anyone with a good defense and won. They got their asses handed to them by Baltimore, and NE, one of the worst Defenses in football, held them to 21 points, and 16 points. They're also in the bottom 3rd of the league in just about every measurable category. We are a better football team than the Jets this year. They are overrated.

This is an VERY winnable game for us. Lots of things in our favor imo.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kishzilla View Post
                            The Jets haven't played anyone with a good defense and won. They got their asses handed to them by Baltimore, and NE, one of the worst Defenses in football, held them to 21 points, and 16 points. They're also in the bottom 3rd of the league in just about every measurable category. We are a better football team than the Jets this year. They are overrated.

This is an VERY winnable game for us. Lots of things in our favor imo.
                            Meh, they got a good secondary.

And i think Rex is gonna blitz the crap out of Tebow to make him beat them with his arm. I never said it's a lock we'll lose but we will NOT beat the Jets completing 2 passes all game.

It definately is winnable but Tebow needs to pass better to win.

Comment

No we won't be able to win consistently like this

But I guess it's a good way to win games while developing as a team

I'm hoping that's what we're doing
                              sigpic
                              Thank you Charger$

Comment

Working...
                              X