Reality Check

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reality Check

Ok Tebow has been getting it done. But honestly I have been watching football since I could walk, and IF (a big if) he can get his passing down he could become a decent QB.

I think right now the D and Running game are carrying this team not Tebow. You can't discount his winning since becoming starter, but I think Denver is in for a huge reality check. They are not built for the playoffs. You can only hide him with smoke n mirrors for so long.

Denver has yet to face a solid team. Tebow's wins have come against struggling teams, and his stats (below) have been well below average.

Mia 3 point squeeker 13/27 161 yards.
    Det denver got blown out
    Oak Tebow 10/21 124 yards.
    KC Good road win tebow 2/8 69 yards.
    Jets Another Squeeker 9/20 104 yards
    S.D. Another Squeeker 9/18 143yards
    Minn Another Squeeker against a bad team without AP 10/15 202 yards

Tebow was not a factor for the entire games, only when it counted. You cannot rely on someone like Tebow in the playoffs.

The combined record for the teams he's beaten are 30-44
    An average victory margin of 5 points.

Denver has only 1 solid team on their remaining schedule. New England, and I feel N.E. doesn't match up well with Denver. At home it's a very winnable game IMO. I think a telling game will be Chicago's D vs Denvers O. Chicago is crippled offensively and Denvers D will shut them down. It will be a defensive battle.

So the playoffs are a very realistic possibility, BUT Denver will not be able to hang with Pittsburgh, Baltimore, or even Houston who's defenses will shut down what Denver does offensively.

Enjoy it while it lasts, because Tebow will get exposed in the playoffs... Not smack just reality.

Adopted Poster
    AZ Snake Fan

Comment

You could say Philip Rivers is the exact opposite of Tebow. He gets it done when it doesn't matter....i.e.: at the tail end of an 0-6 losing skid.

How's that working for him in the playoffs over his career?
      sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

I'm enjoying it

I don't know how long it will last but winning is something I like

Could be against bad teams, could be by 1 point, doesn't matter to me I'll take it
        sigpic
        Thank you Charger$

Comment

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
          You could say Philip Rivers is the exact opposite of Tebow. He gets it done when it doesn't matter....i.e.: at the tail end of an 0-6 losing skid.

How's that working for him in the playoffs over his career?
          Wow... Hey Einstein was I talking about Rivers or the Chargers? Their season is shot.

I'm talking about all the kool-aid that is going around surrounding Tebow and how it will not end pretty.
          Last edited by Bomb Squad; 12-06-2011, 11:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by HavoK471 View Post
            I'm enjoying it

I don't know how long it will last but winning is something I like

Could be against bad teams, could be by 1 point, doesn't matter to me I'll take it
            Fair enough. I can see after the previous 5 years you and most donk fans are drinking that kool-aid.

Again, I'm looking forward to seeing Teebs go up against a decent D like Chicago's.

(correction)
            Apparently Chicago's D isn't as good as I was thinking. 20th and their stats aren't very impressive. But they're still stout against the run.

3 out of the last 4 games at home should yield a playoff berth for Denver. But ya never know.
            Last edited by Bomb Squad; 12-06-2011, 11:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bomb Squad View Post
              Wow... Hey Einstein was I talking about Rivers or the Chargers? Their season is shot.

I'm talking about all the kool-aid that is going around surrounding Tebow and how it will not end pretty.

Wow...ever heard of using comparisons?

Rivers gets it done when it doesn't matter. Tebow gets it done when it matters most.

Which one of those gives you the best shot of winning a playoff game.
              sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Proof.. Einstein?

He's improving and he's 6-1. There's no logic in your statement. All you got is blind hope lol..
                Adopted Poster
                AZ Snake Fan

Comment

You mean the Broncos postseason will more than likely end in a loss?

This is a dramatic prediction. Well done.

Comment

What we've seen this season from this team is you can't make predictions for or against 'em. There's really no telling how far they will or wont go so enjoy your dooms day predictions. I'll be over here celebrating our recent success.

Comment

Yup! We were suppose too suck and we don't! the Chargers were suppose too win a Lombardi trophy stop me if you heard this before!!!

Not only are the Broncos winning! our fan base is taking over opposing teams stadiums.

Thank you for Reality check!!!
                      "January 25, 1998: The night God answered our prayers

Comment

And, when the game is close, Tebow gets it done somehow, somehow, while Rivers chokes like he has his entire career.

And who here would be mad if we lost in the playoffs. Coming into the season, 4-12, not much expectations, making the playoffs would be incredible.

We're playing with house money right now.

Keep hating though, worry about your own team, not ours.

Comment

Ok Tebow has been getting it done. But honestly I have been watching football since I could walk, and IF (a big if) he can get his passing down he could become a decent QB.

I think right now the D and Running game are carrying this team not Tebow. You can't discount his winning since becoming starter, but I think Denver is in for a huge reality check. They are not built for the playoffs. You can only hide him with smoke n mirrors for so long.

Denver has yet to face a solid team. Tebow's wins have come against struggling teams, and his stats (below) have been well below average.

Mia 3 point squeeker 13/27 161 yards.
                          Det denver got blown out
                          Oak Tebow 10/21 124 yards.
                          KC Good road win tebow 2/8 69 yards.
                          Jets Another Squeeker 9/20 104 yards
                          S.D. Another Squeeker 9/18 143yards
                          Minn Another Squeeker against a bad team without AP 10/15 202 yards

Tebow was not a factor for the entire games, only when it counted. You cannot rely on someone like Tebow in the playoffs.

The combined record for the teams he's beaten are 30-44
                          An average victory margin of 5 points.

Denver has only 1 solid team on their remaining schedule. New England, and I feel N.E. doesn't match up well with Denver. At home it's a very winnable game IMO. I think a telling game will be Chicago's D vs Denvers O. Chicago is crippled offensively and Denvers D will shut them down. It will be a defensive battle.

So the playoffs are a very realistic possibility, BUT Denver will not be able to hang with Pittsburgh, Baltimore, or even Houston who's defenses will shut down what Denver does offensively.

Enjoy it while it lasts, because Tebow will get exposed in the playoffs... Not smack just reality.

"Ok Tebow has been getting it done." "You can't discount his winning since becoming starter,..."

"I think right now the D and Running game are carrying this team not Tebow."

A Bolt fan who contradicts himself in the same post....PRICELESS!

If you knew as much about football as you claim to, you'd realize the same defense and same running game under Orton sucked. The entire team (including defense and running game) have been inspired and playing to the best of their ability because of Tebow's leadership and their belief that Tebow as a starter can lead them to wins.

The reason for the Broncos success over the last month and a half is because of Tebow (and his improvement from week to week), the defense and running game all working together. All three facets are equally important and all three facets are why the Broncos are winning. If you take one facet away, the Broncos will lose as with any team that loses one of those facets.

Had you watched the Vikings game (which you probably didn't) you would've saw no option runs, no gimmicks and no crazy plays designed for Tebow. Tebow threw from the pocket and made the throws no one thought he could make. If this continues, that will be drastic improvement for Tebow and will legitimize his standing as a true NFL QB. Time will tell about Tebow's maturation process. If he continues to play well and pass well in the last 4 games, regardless of what happens in the playoffs (if we make it) I think that earns him the right to be called the starting QB for the '12 season. He will have the whole off-season to improve more and be even more prepared for being a starting NFL QB for the future.

Everyone is trying to label the guy before he has had time to grow. Thats like saying, "My newborn son is going to be short, he wont be any taller than 5ft." You cant say that without waiting to see how he matures and grows. Same with Tebow.

Comment

I think your around i think we could beat Houston we did it last year with Tebow, and i think we could keep up with the steelers, and your right about the ravens we seem to always loose against them....and about NE....we seem to have there number we beat them more then they beat us and our pass rush will disrupt brady alittle bit but that game could go either way, but everything u said about us can go against you guys too, so the only way we could be for real is if we beat the best teams? can u say that about the bolts? can u guys beat pits,houston,NE, and ravens? i dout it.

Comment

Originally posted by mct1967 View Post
                              "Ok Tebow has been getting it done." "You can't discount his winning since becoming starter,..."

"I think right now the D and Running game are carrying this team not Tebow."

A Bolt fan who contradicts himself in the same post....PRICELESS!

If you knew as much about football as you claim to, you'd realize the same defense and same running game under Orton sucked. The entire team (including defense and running game) have been inspired and playing to the best of their ability because of Tebow's leadership and their belief that Tebow as a starter can lead them to wins.

The reason for the Broncos success over the last month and a half is because of Tebow (and his improvement from week to week), the defense and running game all working together. All three facets are equally important and all three facets are why the Broncos are winning. If you take one facet away, the Broncos will lose as with any team that loses one of those facets.

Had you watched the Vikings game (which you probably didn't) you would've saw no option runs, no gimmicks and no crazy plays designed for Tebow. Tebow threw from the pocket and made the throws no one thought he could make. If this continues, that will be drastic improvement for Tebow and will legitimize his standing as a true NFL QB. Time will tell about Tebow's maturation process. If he continues to play well and pass well in the last 4 games, regardless of what happens in the playoffs (if we make it) I think that earns him the right to be called the starting QB for the '12 season. He will have the whole off-season to improve more and be even more prepared for being a starting NFL QB for the future.

Everyone is trying to label the guy before he has had time to grow. Thats like saying, "My newborn son is going to be short, he wont be any taller than 5ft." You cant say that without waiting to see how he matures and grows. Same with Tebow.
                              MCT hahahaha you really aren't serious are you?

You can't discount the winning streak that started with Tebow... Can you?
                              With that said I STILL THINK IT'S THE D AND RUNNING GAME THAT ARE MORE GUILTY OF CREATING THE WINNING STREAK RATHER THAN TEBOW.

If you knew as much about football as you claim to, you'd realize the same defense and same running game under Orton sucked.
                              :doh: DUDE! If you seriously can't figure out that your offense changed with the changing of the QB then you really need to start watching something you can understand, because I really don't want to prove what I alread know which is Denver was passing a lot more with Orton. They are now focused on running with Tebow. WOW! Just Wow....

I love this bizarre love fest for tebow. You guys act like he's the next coming of Montana or whoever use your own analogy. Denver has squeeked by teams that are not very good. But a w is a w right? Just remember he went up against the only true team with a winning record (lions) you were exposed.

Sorry but until you actually beat a team with a decent record then I will still believe what I believe. Tebow has been EXTREMELY lucky.

Comment

Working...
                              X