I'm a Man of My Word

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm a Man of My Word

Well guys, after our preseason game a debate was sparked between myself, a few other Bills fans, and the Broncos fans here. A bet was made and it was decided that the persons who's team did worse would make a thread and eat their share of crow. Well, it looks like I was wrong.

After a big Bills 5-2 start, we collapsed in one of the biggest collapses in sports history. I kept telling myself that it wasn't the same as 2008, turns out it was worse. I told myself that Ryan Fitzpatrick and Chan Gailey were a great combo and the real deal, I was wrong. I said that the Bills were better than the Broncos and I was wrong.

While mathematically we could still finish with the same record, it simply will not happen. The Broncos and Tim Tebow are magical it seems and even though it seems every week that its going to end and the magic will run out, it doesn't. I can't explain it, the analysts can't explain it, I bet even the fans here can't explain it. The Broncos are pulling off these wins and the Bills continue to show that they are the "same old Bills".

It pains me to say it, but I was wrong. The Bills are still far away from being a contender and the Broncos look to be AFC West champions. Congratulations to you guys and keep it up, I wish you guys luck for the rest of the season. You guys are for real, and as a man of my word, I gotta admit it, I was wrong.

Still looking forward to our Christmas Eve game, and once again, congrats.
    "Something special is about to go down and I want to be a part of it." - FJ

Thanks for living up to your word! :thumb:

Can't wait for the xmas eve game either buddy

PS: love the new signature!!!
    sigpic
    Thanks Freyaka for the Sig! And Avatar!

Comment

Well, props for coming back and taking it like a champ.

sigpic
      - ★ -
      2012 Adopt a Bronco : Joe Mays

Comment

Haha. Way to be a man and step up and write this thread. You're a good man in my books.
        sigpic
        2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Comment

I was wondering where you ran off too.

Glad you came back and manned up. :thumb:
          2013 Adopt-a-Bronco: Demaryius Thomas

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Fitzmagic View Post

After a big Bills 5-2 start, we collapsed in one of the biggest collapses in sports history.

You're giving your team too much credit. This is nowhere near the Yankees' 2004 ALCS collapse (and my Red Sox's September collapse this year ). =D
            Eating greedy

Comment

U BEEEEEEEZE DA MAN! There is a lot of crow being served these day to lots of naysayers but you manned up you are not only a great fan but a nice person, I feel for you and your team but I just can't reach and thanks for the complements I hope you are right and we do win the AFC W. :~)

Comment

Thanks bud. Good on ya.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Fitzmagic View Post

After a big Bills 5-2 start, we collapsed in one of the biggest collapses in sports history.
                  Actually, that award belongs to the 2009 Denver Broncos.
                  SHOCKED by Donktown disdain toward TEBOW. He saved your 2011.

Comment

Originally posted by Nordstrom View Post
                    No... That award goes to the entire existence of San Diego Chargers Football!!!!

"SELL OUT your stadium so I can watch your team on NFL Sunday Ticket mix channel..
                    "January 25, 1998: The night God answered our prayers

Comment

Originally posted by Eddiemac730 View Post
                      No... That award goes to the entire existence of San Diego Chargers Football!!!!

"SELL OUT your stadium so I can watch your team on NFL Sunday Ticket mix channel..
                      I was going to say the career of Phillip Rivers, but you're just as correct.

I can't believe how much money the Bills gave Fitz. I'm not able to watch enough Bills ball but like a lot of teams injuries have ruined your season. I think they'd still be in the mix with Freddy healthy. Tough losses.

Comment

It takes a big man to step up like this

Bronco fans know the feeling of a huge collapse

6-0

Do you think it was a mistake to throw Fitzpatrick all that money so soon?
                        sigpic
                        Thank you Charger$

Comment

Originally posted by HavoK471 View Post
                          It takes a big man to step up like this

Bronco fans know the feeling of a huge collapse

6-0

Do you think it was a mistake to throw Fitzpatrick all that money so soon?
                          First off, thank you all for not being too hard on me, some good guys over here :thumb:

On the Fitzpatrick note, yes, I believe it could end up being a move that sets us back years. Guys like Fred Jackson and Steve Johnson, who have earned their money, might not get it because of Fitzpatrick who is proving to be one of the most inconsistent QBs in the NFL. If we lose those 2 guys stick a fork in us. Fitz is a decent QB and probably better than some "franchise" guys but in no way was he worth 60 million.
                          "Something special is about to go down and I want to be a part of it." - FJ

Comment

There is hope

http://www.rotoworld.com/recent/nfl/...an-fitzpatrick

The Bills can take themselves off the hook for nearly $49 million of Ryan Fitzpatrick's recent six-year extension if they release him after this season.

A league source tells Profootballtalk.com that the Bills could cut or trade Fitzpatrick before the seventh day of the 2012 league year, and get away with paying only his 2011 salary of $3.22 million and the $10 million signing bonus paid on October 28. The Bills "owe" Fitzpatrick a $5 million option on that date. If he continues to play like he has since signing the extension, Fitzpatrick would not be worth the option, let alone what's left of the deal.
                            I think the Bills have the 12th overall pick at this point.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nordstrom View Post

SD game handed to us. Need one to go to the playoffs out of three. Lose all three.
                              sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Working...
                              X