I'm a Man of My Word

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fitzmagic View Post
    Well guys, after our preseason game a debate was sparked between myself, a few other Bills fans, and the Broncos fans here. A bet was made and it was decided that the persons who's team did worse would make a thread and eat their share of crow. Well, it looks like I was wrong.

After a big Bills 5-2 start, we collapsed in one of the biggest collapses in sports history. I kept telling myself that it wasn't the same as 2008, turns out it was worse. I told myself that Ryan Fitzpatrick and Chan Gailey were a great combo and the real deal, I was wrong. I said that the Bills were better than the Broncos and I was wrong.

While mathematically we could still finish with the same record, it simply will not happen. The Broncos and Tim Tebow are magical it seems and even though it seems every week that its going to end and the magic will run out, it doesn't. I can't explain it, the analysts can't explain it, I bet even the fans here can't explain it. The Broncos are pulling off these wins and the Bills continue to show that they are the "same old Bills".

It pains me to say it, but I was wrong. The Bills are still far away from being a contender and the Broncos look to be AFC West champions. Congratulations to you guys and keep it up, I wish you guys luck for the rest of the season. You guys are for real, and as a man of my word, I gotta admit it, I was wrong.

Still looking forward to our Christmas Eve game, and once again, congrats.
    Classy move, but we would've understood if you didn't come back and make the thread. We know all about collapses around here. And early in the season, you had every right to be bringing smack. Bills were on fire, and the Broncos were looking to the future.

Comment

Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post
      Classy move, but we would've understood if you didn't come back and make the thread. We know all about collapses around here. And early in the season, you had every right to be bringing smack. Bills were on fire, and the Broncos were looking to the future.
      Haha our teams definitely have a few epic collapses in recent years but I made a bet and enjoy posting here, I knew I wouldn't be able to live it down. Crazy how fast a season can flip.
      "Something special is about to go down and I want to be a part of it." - FJ

Comment

I don't know if anyone will ever match the Bills 4 consecutive Super Bowl losses. Now THAT is a choke job

:thumb:
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kishzilla View Post
          I don't know if anyone will ever match the Bills 4 consecutive Super Bowl losses. Now THAT is a choke job

Now if only Chargers would ever get that far.

Never gets old..
          Adopted Poster
          AZ Snake Fan

Comment

Originally posted by kishzilla View Post

Poor Norwood

At least those teams got them the best team in Tecmo Superbowl. Thurmon Thomas, Andre Reed, James Lofton, QB Bills, they couldn't be beat.

Comment

Classy post man, had my run in with you before but well done for coming back. Good luck to the Bills for next year, I hope you topple the Pats!

Comment

Originally posted by theMileHighGuy View Post
                Poor Norwood

At least those teams got them the best team in Tecmo Superbowl. Thurmon Thomas, Andre Reed, James Lofton, QB Bills, they couldn't be beat.
                Every time I used them the NES would freeze up when the game started.

Oh and yeah, QB Bills was a monster. And who can forget QB Eagles, and QB Browns? lol
                sigpic

Comment

The situation with Fitz made me believe Buffalo might be the trading partner if Elway wanted to dump Tebow after the season.

But as each week goes by, it looks more like that won't happen.

Comment

I remember that. Props for stepping up.

Comment

At least you came back...

Comment

Originally posted by theMileHighGuy View Post
                        Poor Norwood

lol at Techmo superbowl lol I used to run all over the field with elway lol. Bo Jackson could not be tackled in that game either lol.
                        GO BRONCOS AFC Champs!!!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Eddiemac730 View Post
                          No... That award goes to the entire existence of San Diego Chargers Football!!!!

"SELL OUT your stadium so I can watch your team on NFL Sunday Ticket mix channel..

Haha Smack of the Year award right here! I was going to say the same thing but you beat me to it
                          sigpic

Comment

First off, thank you all for not being too hard on me, some good guys over here :thumb:

On the Fitzpatrick note, yes, I believe it could end up being a move that sets us back years. Guys like Fred Jackson and Steve Johnson, who have earned their money, might not get it because of Fitzpatrick who is proving to be one of the most inconsistent QBs in the NFL. If we lose those 2 guys stick a fork in us. Fitz is a decent QB and probably better than some "franchise" guys but in no way was he worth 60 million.
                            are SJ and Fred Jackson gonna be FA?

And how's Dareus doing so far?

Comment

Originally posted by one5beast View Post
                              are SJ and Fred Jackson gonna be FA?

And how's Dareus doing so far?
                              Fred is under contract still but he is incredibly underpaid and is somewhat upset at his situation. He has produced for years and still doesn't make decent money for a RB, plus the drafting of Spiller has had him somewhat uneasy. Stevie is a free agent and despite his somewhat childish antics, is a good receiver in this league and needs to be re-signed. Lets just say that a lot of Bills fans will be throwing in the towel if he isn't brought back.

On the note of Dareus, at times he looks dominant and at times he looks like a non-factor. For the most part I've been very happy with him and believe that sometimes he is unable to make an impact due to the severe lack of talent that we have on the line. With no Kyle Williams and 2 other average to below average starters next to him, its tough to look great.
                              "Something special is about to go down and I want to be a part of it." - FJ

Comment

Well guys, after our preseason game a debate was sparked between myself, a few other Bills fans, and the Broncos fans here. A bet was made and it was decided that the persons who's team did worse would make a thread and eat their share of crow. Well, it looks like I was wrong.

After a big Bills 5-2 start, we collapsed in one of the biggest collapses in sports history. I kept telling myself that it wasn't the same as 2008, turns out it was worse. I told myself that Ryan Fitzpatrick and Chan Gailey were a great combo and the real deal, I was wrong. I said that the Bills were better than the Broncos and I was wrong.

While mathematically we could still finish with the same record, it simply will not happen. The Broncos and Tim Tebow are magical it seems and even though it seems every week that its going to end and the magic will run out, it doesn't. I can't explain it, the analysts can't explain it, I bet even the fans here can't explain it. The Broncos are pulling off these wins and the Bills continue to show that they are the "same old Bills".

It pains me to say it, but I was wrong. The Bills are still far away from being a contender and the Broncos look to be AFC West champions. Congratulations to you guys and keep it up, I wish you guys luck for the rest of the season. You guys are for real, and as a man of my word, I gotta admit it, I was wrong.

Still looking forward to our Christmas Eve game, and once again, congrats.
                                I want to first say that I love Steve Johnson 13# (since I am a UK fan). Plus I cheered for the Bills in most games in year. I really hated to see you guys fall, and I wish you didn't pay your QB in the mid of the season.

Keep your head up, you only have a few holes in your team from being a great team.
                                I will always be a Bronco fan--->

But my Heart is with the UK Wildcats-->

Comment

Working...
                                X