And the Chiefs lose more respect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And the Chiefs lose more respect

Another ugly incident of fan-on-fan violence occurred following the New York Jets' resounding 38-10 triumph win over the Kansas City Chiefs. After the game at MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, N.J., Gang Green supporter James Mohr was brutally beaten by what the New York Post describes as a "drunken gang of Kansas City Chiefs fans."

Police in New Jersey initially charged 35-year-old Merle Lee with "simple assault" after the incident. After Mohr's condition worsened, the charges were upgraded to "aggravated assault."

According to the Post, Mohr was walking through the parking lot when a woman began taunted him about the terrorist attacks that took place on September 11, 2001. Mohr's family said that one of the assailants screamed "<censored> New York. You all deserved what happened on 9/11!"

Mohr, physical-education teacher at the Bronx Guild vocational high school, was reportedly jumped by up to seven people, supposedly after he took offense to the 9/11 remarks. A police source confirmed to the Post that at least one of them was wearing a Chiefs jersey. Although the family of the 23-year-old victim maintains that his assailants were Chiefs fans, police told the Associated Press on Wednesday that the incident "was not a Jets-Chiefs melee."

Mohr underwent facial surgery on Tuesday at New Jersey's Hackensack University Medical Center. MyFox New York reported that when Mohr was first taken to the hospital, emergency room staff said they handle far to many instances of postgame violence.

Earlier this season, a fight broke out between Jets and Cowboys fans in the stands of MetLife Stadium. A man in a Cowboys jersey had allegedly brought a stun gun past security and used it on a Jets fan, who happened to be a Marine. The Dallas fan was charged with three counts of aggravated assault and two weapons counts.

The fan violence hasn't just occurred on the East Coast and it doesn't pertain to just the NFL.

On opening day of the 2011 baseball season, a San Francisco Giants fan named Bryan Stow was attacked and critically injured outside of Dodgers Stadium by two men wearing Dodgers clothing. The Dodgers increased security measures a week after the attack.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/1...n_1148613.html

That is crazy and terrible. Not only beating the guy down but also saying that (the part I bolded) is just down right disrepectful to the country. I understand there are bad apples in every fan base, but that is crazy low, and not even about the Jets. Thats about the United States.

Adopted Broncos:
    (2011-2013) Eric Decker
    (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
    (2019-Current) Drew Lock
    Adopted posters:
    Everyone

That's why you just turn and walk away.
    sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

i was at this game, there was alot of fights there, and believe it or not all 3 fights i saw were jets fans fighting eachother

Comment

According to this article..no Chiefs fans were involved.

Police: Fight 'was not a Jets-Chiefs melee'

Posted: Dec 14, 2011 7:07 AM PST Updated: Dec 14, 2011 3:36 PM PST

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. (AP) -

State police have upgraded charges against a New Jersey man accused of beating a fan in the parking lot after the Jets defeated the Chiefs at MetLife Stadium on Sunday.

Merle Lee, 35, of Newton is free on bond, charged with aggravated assault.

State Police Sgt. Brian Polite says Lee was first charged with simple assault but charges were upgraded after 23-year-old James Mohr's condition worsened.

Polite says the Queens, N.Y., resident got into a brief scuffle with some guys and the skirmish broke up on its own. Polite says Lee then "came out of the blue and punched Mohr in the face."

Polite says the incident "was not a Jets-Chiefs melee." He says witnesses told troopers there was no indication they were Kansas City fans.

Mohr is reported in fair condition Wednesday at Hackensack University Medical Center.

http://www.kctv5.com/story/16322092/...-nj-after-game
        Tony G

The Chefs

Comment

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
          That's why you just turn and walk away.
          yea maybe I should have done that last week at the Broncos game...

Didnt get into a fight but the Bears fan was a little pissy and it was an aggravated verbal altercation

Comment

Originally posted by #87Birdman View Post
            http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/1...n_1148613.html

That is crazy and terrible. Not only beating the guy down but also saying that (the part I bolded) is just down right disrepectful to the country. I understand there are bad apples in every fan base, but that is crazy low, and not even about the Jets. Thats about the United States.
            Not sure why the Chiefs would lose more respect....Every team has some stupid fans if you look hard enough.

Comment

Originally posted by NFLfan..MLBzzzz View Post
              Not sure why the Chiefs would lose more respect....Every team has some stupid fans if you look hard enough.
              My thoughts too. We all have fans for our teams that we'd rather not associate with. Whoever that was, is one of those types.
              Brock you like a hurricane!
              sigpic
              Think of a bigger, stronger, more handsome Eli Manning.... That's Fargo.

Comment

Originally posted by McNasty89 View Post
                i was at this game, there was alot of fights there, and believe it or not all 3 fights i saw were jets fans fighting eachother
                I was at the game too. I didn't see a single fight.

Comment

Originally posted by jetrazor74 View Post
                  I was at the game too. I didn't see a single fight.
                  i was in the 8th row i forget what section but by the 3rd quarter basiclly my whole section got kicked out for fighting, 2 of them for girls fighting lol

Comment

Originally posted by McNasty89 View Post
                    i was in the 8th row i forget what section but by the 3rd quarter basiclly my whole section got kicked out for fighting, 2 of them for girls fighting lol
                    Ah, I was up in the top deck... Sec 352, I think. We left at the end of the 3rd quarter to beat the traffic so we could watch the Broncos game.

Comment

I have been to Chiefs games at Arrowhead when I lived in KC. I never had anything like that happen or seen anything like that there. Just fun bantering...
                      Manning to Thomas ev'ry day, all day.

Comment

Working...
                      X