Jermichael weighs in, and good for him

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jermichael weighs in, and good for him

Jermichael Finley of the World Champion Packers -- you know, the team that humiliated Denver earlier this year and is about to go undefeated -- is being excoriated (that's "flamed" or "yelled at" for you Tebow fans) by the Tebow Crusaders who interpret any criticism whatsoever of their hero is a personal offense against God and country.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/...turbing/11332/

Finley's crime against football-manity: daring to say that Tebow and his over-the-top coverage is less than legitimate compared to the quest for perfection buy the Pack.

One Tebow goon said "Who's Jermichael Finley?"

Better tune-in Oppenheimer. Cause when the champagne flows (or orange juice: this is Tebow after all), it won't be wonder boy drinking it. Hell, Finley might even have a mention or two, since he'll be catching Rodger passes all January long.

Is it me or are there a lot of hypocrites in the NFL? All you ever hear is how people don't listen to the media or how it doesn't bother them. Than you have one player say Tebow gets too much coverage and now they all have to chime in lol. As if Tebow controls what the producers and writers talk about every day.

I do think Tebow gets too much coverage but still its a lot better than being the Colts and the only time they get talked is when they are the punchline of a joke about terrible football. Not to mention almost everyone who talks about Tebow is ethier thinks he has no shot, a joke of a qb and will never improve. Or they completely bash the team and say the only reason we win is because of Tebow (Skip "Tin Foil" Bayless).

Comment

Originally posted by bigking813 View Post
      Is it me or are there a lot of hypocrites in the NFL? All you ever hear is how people don't listen to the media or how it doesn't bother them. Than you have one player say Tebow gets too much coverage and now they all have to chime in lol. As if Tebow controls what the producers and writers talk about every day.

I do think Tebow gets too much coverage but still its a lot better than being the Colts and the only time they get talked is when they are the punchline of a joke about terrible football. Not to mention almost everyone who talks about Tebow is ethier thinks he has no shot, a joke of a qb and will never improve. Or they completely bash the team and say the only reason we win is because of Tebow (Skip "Tin Foil" Bayless).
      He isn't bashing Tebow, he is bashing the media for covering TT more than the undefeated Packers. That was pretty much the joke in the op's post on why it is ridiculous for people to be bashing Finley over it.

Comment

Originally posted by CinnaMunMun View Post
        He isn't bashing Tebow, he is bashing the media for covering TT more than the undefeated Packers. That was pretty much the joke in the op's post on why it is ridiculous for people to be bashing Finley over it.
        Exactly I actually agree with Finley... a lot of us on this board do. We've been saying it for a while now and being labeled as haters.
        sigpic
        2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Comment

I agree with him, i like what we're doing, and how the team is playing, but no way should an 8-5 team get more publicity over an undefeated team.

Comment

Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
            I agree with him, i like what we're doing, and how the team is playing, but no way should an 8-5 team get more publicity over an undefeated team.
            Agreed I do like how we are getting media attention but its annoying that the lead story every day on ESPN across the board is Tebow updates opinions and speculation. Its fun the day after we win for a little bit but the fact the most talked about player in Sports is Tebow is getting to be a joke especially with NBA trades and some of the stuff going on there. Heck Finely got hurt and I remember they talked about it for 10 minutes about his impact if he didnt return and then somehow segwayed into an hour long discussion of what Tebows #s would look like if he had Rodgers receivers.

Yes his TD differential per game is 6th in the NFL and makes up for the difference in points allowed we get it he runs well and he doesnt turn it over as often as others. Still there are others on the team. I taped ESPN this week to get updates on Dawk and Goodman and not till today did they even mention them, where Stephen A h said they have not been practicing at all and will be likely out leaving huge holes which I know they did on Thursday. We didnt even get a ticker on the injury report. Heck even googling for it I only got some small blurbs where as other teams have description of severity and what they did recover wise. However Tebow dominated the air waves more then anyone could bother covering our Defensive lynch pin and the guy whose come up biggest in turnovers in this stretch

Yes as Dawk Champ and DJ have said hes a leader and he inspires them all to do better and they believe in themselves and play with more conviction with him. However, as the old adage goes either lead follow or get out of the way, without a team willing to follow leadership means nothing just as a team means nothing without leadership.
            Last edited by Joshecalpoly; 12-16-2011, 06:39 PM.
            2016 Draft: http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...aft-Watch-list

Comment

Wow, ya'll agree with him when he says he won't be good down the road? Y'know a perfect season is great and everything but it's been done before, maybe that's why no one cares. Ya'll can bash the media but the reason they talk about him is because of ratings increase...
              sigpicAn intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend any amount of time with a Cowboys fan. ~ John Riggins

Comment

Who's bashing Finley over it?

Comment

Originally posted by edens_apple View Post
                  Wow, ya'll agree with him when he says he won't be good down the road? Y'know a perfect season is great and everything but it's been done before, maybe that's why no one cares. Ya'll can bash the media but the reason they talk about him is because of ratings increase...
                  They are 3 games away from beating the Patriots 21 game win streak, so if they do reach perfection and do win the SB they will have surpassed one of the most difficult records to reach. We got to 19 before beating defeated just one game away from the previous record of 20.

Also Rodgers is on pace to break Marinos single season passing record

Comment

Finley is a bonehead. A majority of the Packers players are glad that the spotlight's not shining on them.
                    sigpic

Adopted Posters:
                    Broncbeat - 80stheman - kmcgough25 - InsaneBlaze 23
                    Adopted By:
                    Broncoholic JS & 80stheman
                    Broncbeat

Comment

Tebow is an exciting player to watch,you never know how or if he is gonna beat you.You just know something exciting is gonna happen and you wait for that miraculous play and moment that may happen and its exciting to watch.

With Rodgers and Green Bay you know the are gonna win so they tend to not be so exciting to watch.Rodgers has a dry personality,and he never smiles and is a very boring person.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoSexyDaddy View Post
                        Tebow is an exciting player to watch,you never know how or if he is gonna beat you.You just know something exciting is gonna happen and you wait for that miraculous play and moment that may happen and its exciting to watch.
                        The Broncos havining 5 come from behind wins is probably a better media story than the Packers pretty much taking everyone they play behind the woodshed.

With Rodgers and Green Bay you know the are gonna win so they tend to not be so exciting to watch.Rodgers has a dry personality,and he never smiles and is a very boring person.

Dry personality? He's actually got a pretty warped sense of humor. Have you not seen his photobombing of every team captain photo?

sigpic

Adopted Posters:
                        Broncbeat - 80stheman - kmcgough25 - InsaneBlaze 23
                        Adopted By:
                        Broncoholic JS & 80stheman
                        Broncbeat

Comment

Originally posted by Jay3 View Post
                          Who's bashing Finley over it?
                          I've seen people say that Finley is just jealous and stuff like that. Most of it not here, but its out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Thors Hammer View Post
                            Finley is a bonehead. A majority of the Packers players are glad that the spotlight's not shining on them.
                            Yeah less pressure to perform when the attention is diverted. I wish we had a diversion when they got to 19 and lost to the Giants.

Stink and other Broncos mention someone I forget who but in an interview after being 1 game away from tieing the previous record said "Heck yeah we are think of the record!!!"

They say that once the record came in view and they started thinking about it nd the press started pressuring them it became harder to focus.

Comment

Originally posted by Joshecalpoly View Post
                              They are 3 games away from beating the Patriots 21 game win streak, so if they do reach perfection and do win the SB they will have surpassed one of the most difficult records to reach. We got to 19 before beating defeated just one game away from the previous record of 20.

Also Rodgers is on pace to break Marinos single season passing record
                              True, I was just thinking if they manage a undefeated season and win the SB, they're names will be right next to the Dolphins team that did it first. No doubt Rogers is playing lights out but at the beginning of the season, everyone picked the Pack to go to SB again and win again, while most wrote the Broncos off. Broncos have already exceeded many expectations for this season. Yeah Rodgers is on pace along with Brady and Brees.
                              sigpicAn intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend any amount of time with a Cowboys fan. ~ John Riggins

Comment

Working...
                              X