Congrats SD..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by High Voltage View Post
    What happened in 08 compared to this yr has the same relevancy as to what happened in 1997 and 1998....... NOTHING.

If it's about the playoffs I think SD has better chance to get the wild card if anything.

Looking at the final 2 games, I don't see the Jets winning 10 games nor do I see Cincy doing it either.
    I look at the Bengals Winning 9 G. and the same for the Jets, if SD runs the tables finishing at 9-7 they get the wild card.

Chances are very slim though.
    If you think SD makes it to the playoffs via wildcard, who do you have winning the division?
    sigpic
    Thank you Charger$

Comment

the only way sd gets wildcard is going 9-7 and having the jets and bengals and anyone else who can possibly reach 9-7, crap out

jets are 8-6 and play the giants, then finish at miami so that's not impossible that they'd falter to 8-8

bengals finish with zona and ravens both in cincy so i'd have to assume cincy will get to 9-7 at least (they're 8-6 now)

titans are 7-7 and have a home game vs the jags, then at houston, i think they too have a solid shot at 9-7

sd has to travel to detroit and oakland, their odds are the worst

denver has to just beat the bills or kc, i'd say their odds are best

i would say the odds are much better now, for sd to get wildcard, than division, based on remaining matchups

i can't really even imagine denver losing to bills and kc , but then again 2008 really shocked me too..
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by HavoK471 View Post
        If you think SD makes it to the playoffs via wildcard, who do you have winning the division?
        SD's best chances of winning the wild card mean they win the next 2 games which sounds more in our favor since they play Oakland
        2016 Draft: http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...aft-Watch-list

Comment

Originally posted by baphamet View Post
          thanks but too little too late for norv and hopefully AJ as well.
          Na since they turned it around at the end of the year your owner will hold off on firing another year in hopes that they've finally turned things around for real lol.
          sigpic

Comment

What happened in 08 compared to this yr has the same relevancy as to what happened in 1997 and 1998....... NOTHING.

If it's about the playoffs I think SD has better chance to get the wild card if anything.

Looking at the final 2 games, I don't see the Jets winning 10 games nor do I see Cincy doing it either.
            I look at the Bengals Winning 9 G. and the same for the Jets, if SD runs the tables finishing at 9-7 they get the wild card.

Chances are very slim though.
            Umm, wouldn't the Jets get in over SD if they were 9-7 since they beat SD and have the head to head tiebreaker over them?

They need a lot to go right to get in though.

Comment

Originally posted by jcdavey View Post
              the only way sd gets wildcard is going 9-7 and having the jets and bengals and anyone else who can possibly reach 9-7, crap out

jets are 8-6 and play the giants, then finish at miami so that's not impossible that they'd falter to 8-8

bengals finish with zona and ravens both in cincy so i'd have to assume cincy will get to 9-7 at least (they're 8-6 now)

titans are 7-7 and have a home game vs the jags, then at houston, i think they too have a solid shot at 9-7

sd has to travel to detroit and oakland, their odds are the worst

denver has to just beat the bills or kc, i'd say their odds are best

i would say the odds are much better now, for sd to get wildcard, than division, based on remaining matchups

i can't really even imagine denver losing to bills and kc , but then again 2008 really shocked me too..
              Man if that happens again....i would be devastated
              sigpic

Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake.

Comment

Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
                Umm, wouldn't the Jets get in over SD if they were 9-7 since they beat SD and have the head to head tiebreaker over them?

They need a lot to go right to get in though.
                No in a 3 way tie between all 3 teams SD would get wild card. Head to head goes out the window in 3 way ties and it then goes to conference record.

Comment

Originally posted by NFLfan..MLBzzzz View Post
                  No in a 3 way tie between all 3 teams SD would get wild card. Head to head goes out the window in 3 way ties and it then goes to conference record.
                  Not really if one team owns the tiebraker between the other teams then they get through, we dont even know which teams we will be talking about, so its hypothetical, but in head to heads only Oakland played them (assuming 9-7). However, they will be going in tiebraker with SD for best divisional contender before going with Jets. The Jets have the head to head with SD thus the Jets win. If its Cincy or the Titans then yeah it becomes crazy.

Divisional tiebreakers

1. Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games between the clubs).
                  2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.
                  3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games (games played against the same opponents).
                  4. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
                  5. Strength of victory (the combined won-lost-tied percentage of all the teams that a club has defeated).
                  6. Strength of schedule (the combined won-lost-tied percentage of all the teams that a club has played against).
                  7. Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
                  8. Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
                  9. Best net points in common games.
                  10. Best net points in all games.
                  11. Best net touchdowns in all games.
                  12. Coin Toss.

Conference tiebreakers

1. Apply division tie breaker to eliminate all but the highest ranked club in each division prior to proceeding to step 2.
                  2. Head-to-head, if applicable. (For ties between 3 or more teams, this step is only applied if there is a head-to-head sweep; i.e., if one club has defeated each of the others or if one club has lost to each of the others.)
                  3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
                  4. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games, minimum of four.
                  5. Strength of victory (record of all the teams they defeated that season).
                  6. Strength of schedule (record of all the teams they played that season).
                  7. Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
                  9. Best net points in conference games.
                  12. Coin Toss.

If Oakland and SD tie the divisional tie breaker rule is in play, thus whoever owns that goes to the head to head with Jets and the winner being Jets against SD and Oakland if they win
                  Last edited by Joshecalpoly; 12-20-2011, 04:20 PM.
                  2016 Draft: http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...aft-Watch-list

Comment

Originally posted by Joshecalpoly View Post
                    Not really if one team owns the tiebraker between the other teams then they get through, we dont even know which teams we will be talking about, so its hypothetical, but in head to heads only Oakland played them (assuming 9-7). However, they will be going in tiebraker with SD for best divisional contender before going with Jets. The Jets have the head to head with SD thus the Jets win. If its Cincy or the Titans then yeah it becomes crazy.

Divisional tiebreakers

1. Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games between the clubs).
                    2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.
                    3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games (games played against the same opponents).
                    4. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
                    5. Strength of victory (the combined won-lost-tied percentage of all the teams that a club has defeated).
                    6. Strength of schedule (the combined won-lost-tied percentage of all the teams that a club has played against).
                    9. Best net points in common games.
                    12. Coin Toss.

Conference tiebreakers

1. Apply division tie breaker to eliminate all but the highest ranked club in each division prior to proceeding to step 2.
                    2. Head-to-head, if applicable. (For ties between 3 or more teams, this step is only applied if there is a head-to-head sweep; i.e., if one club has defeated each of the others or if one club has lost to each of the others.)
                    3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
                    4. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games, minimum of four.
                    5. Strength of victory (record of all the teams they defeated that season).
                    6. Strength of schedule (record of all the teams they played that season).
                    9. Best net points in conference games.
                    12. Coin Toss.

If Oakland and SD tie the divisional tie breaker rule is in play, thus whoever owns that goes to the head to head with Jets and the winner being Jets against SD and Oakland if they win
                    He was asking about SD, Cincy, and NYJ

3 way ties go to conference record in that case and head to head matchups won't apply. That's what I was replying too

Comment

they still gotta take care of detroit and oakland on the road

i remember last year when we were flying high and got our asses kicked by a bad cincy team

this year we're actually playing a good lions team in their house

that is going to be huge, and then oakland has our number which should be an even harder game
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by HavoK471 View Post
                        1st of all either scenario SD chances for the playoffs are slim for the W.Card and very slim to win the division.

It's Denvers division to lose dude.

I repeat, no relevancy between this yr. and 2008, however it is kind of ironic that with 2 games left the Donkeys can pretty much clinch the division next week with a W against a bad Buffalo team, the same opportunity that they had back in 08 against a bad Buffalo team.

Comment

1st of all either scenario SD chances for the playoffs are slim for the W.Card and very slim to win the division.

It's Denvers division to lose dude.

I repeat, no relevancy between this yr. and 2008, however it is kind of ironic that with 2 games left the Donkeys can pretty much clinch the division next week with a W against a bad Buffalo team, the same opportunity that they had back in 08 against a bad Buffalo team.
                          It's giving me nightmares.....please Broncos, please beat the Bills!
                          sigpicAn intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend any amount of time with a Cowboys fan. ~ John Riggins

Comment

Working...
                          X