Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hey Chargers fans!!! It's that time of year again!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Entire Existence of your franchise is a slump....

It's the Holidays. Happy Holidays too everyone!! be safe and healthy!!

Cheers too all my opposing teams fans!!
    "January 25, 1998: The night God answered our prayers

Comment

Originally posted by edens_apple View Post
      The difference between Rogers, Eli, Peyton, Ben, Brees,Brady and Rivers is 1 doesn't have a SB ring. Maybe Rivers can be the under-achieving version of Marino.
      Wow.

So Marino sucked?

I think Rivers has held his own. Could it be other areas on the team that didn't hold their own could be the reason? Hmmmmm

Last time I checked it was a team sports. Oh BTW to prove my point check out Big Bens stats in the big game. Without a stellar D and running game they lose.

Comment

Originally posted by Denver Mike View Post
        And no...You're not even close :thumb:
        Tweaking the nose of the football gods while flipping the bird to fate eh? I know of a man who did that once...

Originally posted by Andyy_47 View Post
        You say it as if there's 0% chance a single human being could be wrong. It is human to err. And this man erred all over the place.
        Oh the irony.

After this year, anyone who thinks Rivers is even anywhere close to Brees, Brady, Rodgers, Manning is laughable.
        Then you better cue the laugh track for me. Have you even seen those QB's at their worst, do you not remember people accusing Manning of being in a slump? I don't think so, because if you had I doubt you'd have made this statement.

he's hardly holding his stock up well with his performance this year, take away the last two games and people were calling for his head.
        Which people were these? The massive monsoon of fans that deluge Qualcomm every home game to prevent blackouts? Even in a TERRIBLE year, he's still putting up pretty good numbers.

We all go through rough bits in our lives/careers/generally who would have thought Phillip Rivers would be immune to that? Besides, someone once said it is human to err, now if only I could remember who that was...
        Last edited by Puddleglum; 12-22-2011, 08:58 AM. Reason: Grammararar
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NFLfan..MLBzzzz View Post
          As opposed to all your expert unbiased opinions on the matter right???

But hey I will say that Tebow is probably top 20 in the league at RB. Maybe bring a real QB in & cut ties with Knowshow & put #15 at halfback???
          Aww somebodys so butt hurt he quoted me then didn't even debate the merits of the quote just went for left of it. Say what you want about Tebow or Knowshawn.. it's completely off topic. But what can i expect form someone who says
          LOL Old & Feeble who's played maybe his worse season this year & his numbers are still better then Tebow. I wonder how Tim would do if he lost 6 OLine men.

Keep on thinking that Tebow is better then Rivers. Only people in Denver would make such a claim.
          Never thought it and definately never claimed it

which made this guy ask this
          Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
          Link????????
          which you replied with this

Do I really need a link???
          You sir are a troll congratulations because here is the last time you quoted me and that time you just made this "Keep on thinking that Tebow is better then Rivers. Only people in Denver would make such a claim" when what I said was
          Originally posted by Beagle View Post
          The better question is do i care if Elway see's Tebow as the long term asnwer in Denver? The answer is no i don't care. Tebows ability to improve and his play will determine who QBs the Broncos. I would bet anything Elway would like Tebow to be just that.Why wouldn't he? uh huh.

So now that Rivers is getting old and feeble what do you think the Chargers are going to do for a QB?
          Last edited by Beagle; 12-22-2011, 10:31 AM.
          Originally posted by baphamet
          are you talking career or right now? because i don't see how you can say manning is top 5 even healthy.dude will never be a top 5 QB again, he is done.

Comment

NFLFanzzzz, still waiting on that link where anyone on here said Tebow > Rivers, and Rivers is 6th until he wins a ring which is why Brady, Rodgers, Brees, Peyton, Big Ben are all ahead.

I won't put Eli over Rivers, but he's having a hell of a season.

Comment

Originally posted by Bomb Squad View Post
              Wow.

So Marino sucked?

I think Rivers has held his own. Could it be other areas on the team that didn't hold their own could be the reason? Hmmmmm

Last time I checked it was a team sports. Oh BTW to prove my point check out Big Bens stats in the big game. Without a stellar D and running game they lose.
              Where did I say that Marino sucked? I didn't say Rivers sucked either, I said he's under-achieving. Yeah well last time I checked you guys went to the playoffs with a top 10 O and top 10 D with multiple pro bowlers and still didn't get the job done...If that's not the definition of under achieving I need a new dictionary.
              sigpicAn intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend any amount of time with a Cowboys fan. ~ John Riggins

Comment

Originally posted by Puddleglum View Post
                Then you better cue the laugh track for me. Have you even seen those QB's at their worst, do you not remember people accusing Manning of being in a slump? I don't think so, because if you had I doubt you'd have made this statement.

Which people were these? The massive monsoon of fans that deluge Qualcomm every home game to prevent blackouts? Even in a TERRIBLE year, he's still putting up pretty good numbers.

We all go through rough bits in our lives/careers/generally who would have thought Phillip Rivers would be immune to that? Besides, someone once said it is human to err, now if only I could remember who that was...
                I've seen those QBs at their worst. But most of them have rings, and most of their slumps haven't resulted in 6 week losing streaks. Rivers has played downright awful in some games.

Single handedly costing you the Chiefs game, being extremely culpable for the Jets game with that shoddy 2 minute drive. He's been a laughing stock compared to his usual form. Which is really a testament to how good we expect him to be, but right now, he just isn't. Also those players have come out of their respective "slumps", Eli has been playing real good football, and hasn't been wholey responsible for as many losses if any this year.

And as for good numbers, he might be over 4k, but there's QBs going for 5k right now. Defenses are getting worse and worse week by week as they lose more players due to lack of preperation thanks to the lockout. He's played well the past three weeks, I'll give him credit there, my fantasy team is reaping the benefits of there. But in my opinion he's regressed this year for me, and there's more space between him and the true elite QBs.

And it was Alexander Pope.

Comment

I've seen those QBs at their worst. But most of them have rings, and most of their slumps haven't resulted in 6 week losing streaks. Rivers has played downright awful in some games.
                  While what you've said is true (The KC game leaps out to me) keep in mind that football is a team sport. You win and lose as a team, unless you are a kicker and blew a 30-39 yarder, then you lost on your own. I don't even really blame Phil for the fumble in the Chiefs game it was a freak accident in a place where thanks to sheer noise freak accidents happen with frightening regularity. Simply remember back to the MNF opener last year to see that play out, the center couldn't even hear Phil over the din, and unfortunately the Chargers aren't exactly accustomed to playing in front of a loud and involved crowd.

Single handedly costing you the Chiefs game, being extremely culpable for the Jets game with that shoddy 2 minute drive. He's been a laughing stock compared to his usual form.
                  True.

Also those players have come out of their respective "slumps", Eli has been playing real good football, and hasn't been wholey responsible for as many losses if any this year.
                  As it is plain to me that you are clearly an intelligent poster I will skip just spewing numbers at you and instead I would give you some advice. Try to avoid using Eli Manning as an example, it's just a bad idea.

And as for good numbers, he might be over 4k, but there's QBs going for 5k right now. In my opinion he's regressed this year for me, and there's more space between him and the true elite QBs.
                  Rivers is only the 3rd QB in history to pass for 4,000+ yards in 3 straight seasons along with Peyton Manning and Drew Brees.

I think he's in pretty good company.
                  sigpic

Comment

I'm at the point in my arguement where it's more opinion than simply stating numbers. I have my thoughts on those numbers, as I said people pushing for 5,000 this year is insane, and while River's performances the past two seasons have very good, but this year I won't just blindly look at the stats and say "Yup, he had a good year." My his standards as I said, he's been pretty shoddy, and again as I said, the fact people are pushing for 5,000 takes the shine off hitting 4,00 again. But that's just for me. If you're happy with him leading you're team then I don't blame you.

Comment

I'm at the point in my arguement where it's more opinion than simply stating numbers. I have my thoughts on those numbers, as I said people pushing for 5,000 this year is insane, and while River's performances the past two seasons have very good, but this year I won't just blindly look at the stats and say "Yup, he had a good year." My his standards as I said, he's been pretty shoddy, and again as I said, the fact people are pushing for 5,000 takes the shine off hitting 4,00 again. But that's just for me. If you're happy with him leading you're team then I don't blame you.
                      of course we are happy with his as our QB and nobody was calling for his head, that is one of the most ridiculous things i have ever read.

hes had an off year but to say he isn't close to the guys you mentioned is laughable in itself actually.

all those guys have struggled as well, brees has had some off seasons, he has choked to a 7-9 team in the playoffs for god sakes.

if that were rivers you guys would be saying how much a choker he is.

manning struggled last year when his receivers were hurt. even the best QB's struggle at times, they all cant struggle every game and still win like tebow lol

Comment

I think this last Sunday showed that you guys arent either.
                        Look at the AFC West standings, looks like Broncos are closer than Chargers
                        sigpic
                        What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger

Comment

Originally posted by redneckrocker View Post
                          Look at the AFC West standings, looks like Broncos are closer than Chargers
                          And after today.. any hopes the Chargers have will be CRUSHED

Comment

Originally posted by Denver Mike View Post
                            And after today.. any hopes the Chargers have will be CRUSHED
                            It would be one of the few times when the Broncos will have done us a favor.

GO BRONCOS!

Seriously though my key points for Broncos/Bills would be:

1. Ball Security and no INT's. The Bills defense thrives off of turnovers, don't give them any.

2. Stick to the ground, while I like Dareus as a DT I think NT is a bad fit for him and a waste of potential.

3. Don't underestimate Fitzpatrick, he may never be a superstar but the guy can certainly show flashes at times. Chandler is better than most think too. This goes hand in hand with my next point.

4. Amp up the pass rush, I don't believe Fitzpatrick has the weapons or line to deal with it like Brady did.

5. Here's to hoping Dawkins plays, but I can't blame him if he wants to sit to be ready for the playoffs.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by baphamet View Post
                              of course we are happy with his as our QB and nobody was calling for his head, that is one of the most ridiculous things i have ever read.

hes had an off year but to say he isn't close to the guys you mentioned is laughable in itself actually.

all those guys have struggled as well, brees has had some off seasons, he has choked to a 7-9 team in the playoffs for god sakes.

if that were rivers you guys would be saying how much a choker he is.

manning struggled last year when his receivers were hurt. even the best QB's struggle at times, they all cant struggle every game and still win like tebow lol
                              Baph, coming from you of ALL people, that is brilliant. Thanks for that early Christmas present, I had a hearty laugh.

Rivers has always choked in the playoffs though. You group you mentioned all have rings. They're head and shoulders above Rivers. Rodgers, Brady, Manning (sure he's only got one, but that's more than 0), Brees and Roethlisberger are better quarterbacks without a shadow of a doubt since you're gonna talk about the playoffs.

Comment

Plus as pointed out, it's a team sport, that Saints defense was diabolical against the Seahawks.

Comment

Working...
                                X