Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kingpins9 View Post
    This.

There is absolutely no excuse for McCoy to call 3 runs in a row on the same drive. It resulted in the obvious 3 and out. Simms was 100% correct.
    I think it might have been the Bears game where people were complaining about this and sure enough McGahee broke it and then prater made it history. Just one example of success.

I have seen them call 3 runs in a row a lot this year. If it works no one cares.

Comment

For people saying he played awful he played 3 good qtrs and then the wheels feel off. We continue to give the 2nd qtr away why I don't know??? 9 runs up the middle in a row and 3 punts, while the other team puts up 17 just doesn't make sense.. Tebow said this week hopefully they will have a more balanced attack which is his way I saying quit being so conservative !!!! Elway made a comment as well as they need to open it up in 2nd qtr as well.

Comment

Originally posted by xOrangeCrushx View Post
        I think it might have been the Bears game where people were complaining about this and sure enough McGahee broke it and then prater made it history. Just one example of success.

I have seen them call 3 runs in a row a lot this year. If it works no one cares.
        its not the 3 runs in a row its the three runs up the gut. And the one McGahee broke was after Tebow had a nice run on the outside.

Adopted Broncos:
        (2011-2013) Eric Decker
        (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
        (2019-Current) Drew Lock
        Adopted posters:
        Everyone

Comment

check out the first scoring drive in the first. Everyone said this was because they "let Tebow play"

Runs and two short passes conservative if you ask me.

5 runs in a row, a short pass. run short pass, 2 runs in a row.

Denver Broncos at 12:53
          1-10-DEN 27 (12:53) 23-W.McGahee right guard to DEN 27 for no gain (99-M.Dareus).

2-10-DEN 27 (12:20) (Shotgun) 23-W.McGahee up the middle to BUF 49 for 24 yards (31-J.Byrd).

1-10-BUF 49 (11:40) 35-L.Ball left guard to BUF 44 for 5 yards (23-A.Williams, 55-K.Sheppard).

2-5-BUF 44 (11:14) 35-L.Ball up the middle to BUF 39 for 5 yards (31-J.Byrd).

1-10-BUF 39 (10:39) (Shotgun) 23-W.McGahee left guard to BUF 35 for 4 yards (91-Sp.Johnson, 50-N.Barnett).

2-6-BUF 35 (10:00) 15-T.Tebow pass short middle to 88-D.Thomas to BUF 21 for 14 yards (23-A.Williams, 31-J.Byrd). Caught at BUF 22, crossing from left.

1-10-BUF 21 (9:22) (Shotgun) 23-W.McGahee right guard to BUF 14 for 7 yards (37-G.Wilson).

2-3-BUF 14 (8:46) (Shotgun) 15-T.Tebow pass short left to 88-D.Thomas to BUF 8 for 6 yards (26-J.Rogers). Flare pass, caught at BUF 12.

1-8-BUF 8 (8:08) (Shotgun) 15-T.Tebow up the middle to BUF 5 for 3 yards (90-C.Kelsay). DEN-74-O.Franklin was injured during the play. O.Franklin walks off.

2-5-BUF 5 (7:36) (Shotgun) 23-W.McGahee up the middle for 5 yards, TOUCHDOWN. The Replay Assistant challenged the runner broke the plane ruling, and the play was REVERSED. (Shotgun) 23-W.McGahee up the middle to BUF 1 for 4 yards (55-K.Sheppard, 31-J.Byrd). Runner's knee down inside 1-yd. line.

3-1-BUF 1 (7:18) (Shotgun) 15-T.Tebow left tackle for 1 yard, TOUCHDOWN.

Comment

Originally posted by BoilerVette View Post
            Everyone trying to cover for Tebow's performance last week by claiming he was "handicapped" by play calling is watching with University of Florida Orange Gatorade tinted shades. The plays being called are the only ones Tebow is able to execute successfully. By analogy, most weekend golfers can take their Driver, 2 Wood, 3 Iron, 4 Iron, and Pitching Wedge out of their golf bag and still play just as crappy. There's a good reason Tebow doesn't get to pull a "Driver" out of the play calling bag - he is not capable of hitting it accurately with consistency.
            Prove it.

What were the route combinations? How many 3rd and longs do we face per game? How many do we execute?

You do know we run nearly 75% of the time, right? Would you call that predictable?

Now, back to the route combinations. I see 2 deep routes, a crossing route, a comeback, and a checkdown probably 80% of the time of the 25% of the time we pass.

Now tell me that's not predictable.

Comment

I bet the Broncos run on 1st down. If I know this...I bet the chiefs know it too.

Comment

i don't care if the qb is my grandmother, the play calling is still awful

Comment

My response is that a properly coached and educated QB would be able to recognize a defensive advantage and call an audible for a play with a greater chance of success. Bit if your game strategy is to rely completely on the defense to hold the opponent to 10 points for 4 quarters while the offense goes 3 and out for 55 minutes until the opponent's offense does something abominably stupid to give you the ball back ... then Tebow is your man.
                  First off, he's not being allowed to call audibles unless it's dealing within the run read option. This is not uncommon, a lot of young QBs don't get the freedom to audible all of the time. Secondly, quit with the 55 minute garbage the media is feeding you and actually watch the games. He's been doing well on the very first drive of games along with the first drives of the second half and of course, the last drives in the 4th quarter. This team has had more 3 &10+ than any other team this year. The problem is production on 1st and 2nd down. 1st down success is crucial for our freedom in play calling on 2nd and 3rd down.
                  sigpicAn intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend any amount of time with a Cowboys fan. ~ John Riggins

Comment

Everyone trying to cover for Tebow's performance last week by claiming he was "handicapped" by play calling is watching with University of Florida Orange Gatorade tinted shades. The plays being called are the only ones Tebow is able to execute successfully. By analogy, most weekend golfers can take their Driver, 2 Wood, 3 Iron, 4 Iron, and Pitching Wedge out of their golf bag and still play just as crappy. There's a good reason Tebow doesn't get to pull a "Driver" out of the play calling bag - he is not capable of hitting it accurately with consistency.
                    I don't really get your point, every team in the history of the NFL has cut down the playbook for a young 1st year QB. There isn't a QB in the world that can run an entire NFL playbook his first year.

The Broncos have opened up the playbook a little bit more every week, the goal is that eventually Tebow will be able to run the whole offense like a seasoned vet.

Of course they're going to call plays that Tebow, or we should probably say the whole offense can execute, they're not going to call plays the offense isn't comfortable with, or plays they haven't practiced.

Comment

Now, back to the route combinations. I see 2 deep routes, a crossing route, a comeback, and a checkdown probably 80% of the time of the 25% of the time we pass.

Now tell me that's not predictable.[/QUOTE]

You are proving my point! Because of Tebow's limited skills and experience the Broncos are handcuffed. Combine that with the fact he is not capable of reading coverages or calling audibles, and you have a recipe for predictability.

Comment

You're a Bears fan, which is fine, but if you want to come to our forum and talk smack please do it in the correct forum.
                        sigpic
                        Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

You are proving my point! Because of Tebow's limited skills and experience the Broncos are handcuffed. Combine that with the fact he is not capable of reading coverages or calling audibles, and you have a recipe for predictability.

First, if it were Tebow's limited skills that were the driving factor in why the offensive play calling sucks, then it would suck on the first drive of the game, and the first drive of the 2nd half, and the last drive of the game as well. Which clearly isn't the case.

Secondly, you make it sound as if all the young QB's out there that are in essentially their first year of starting hit the ground from game 1 being able and allowed to fully audible the offense at any time. Then along comes Tebow and all of sudden he sucks because he either can't or isn't allowed to.

That's a real nice straw man there, start with an underlying premise that is completely false and make yourself out to be some kind of wizard when you knock down the argument. Problem is, most folks who aren't lemmings and actually know the subject you're talking about (i.e. actually watched the games themselves) realize you aren't being honest from the get go and probably just blow you off as a hack.
                          Last edited by DenverJay; 12-29-2011, 02:42 PM.

Comment

There is no need to unleash your frustration on Tebow just because Orton was rejected by Denver after being rejected by Chicago. He will find a place, have faith. Worry about the Chiefs' playbook.
                            sigpic

Comment

Everyone....Please do not feed the troll......
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
                                Everyone....Please do not feed the troll......
                                Your right, just the fact the Broncos throw the ball 2.33x more in the 2nd half alone (not to mention the fact we throw the ball in the 4th more then the 1st 2.5 quarters combined) is enough to give any intelligent person an indication that we are to predictable till we have no choice to be.

Its better we ignore people who dont understand or have the experience to know Football like all sports is a game of momentum, and brings nothing to the argument.

Sorry wanted to get my own 2 cents in before I officially leave this thread for dead.
                                2016 Draft: http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...aft-Watch-list

Comment

Working...
                                X