Hey San Diego

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey San Diego

I said, long before anybody else, that Norv AND AJ were your teams problems. I said they fired Marty a year too soon. This isn't about Marty.

This is about your team and Norv and AJ's status.

I have consistently blasted the Spanos family as cheap and about the bottom line akin to the Rockies' Monfort family. [check my post history! a lot of this i have said for over 3 seasons now!]

If Spanos and company keep Norv and AJ for even one more year they are basically flipping you guys the bird and telling you you don't matter!

How would you handle that? What would you do?

Originally posted by jhildebrand View Post
    I said, long before anybody else, that Norv AND AJ were your teams problems. I said they fired Marty a year too soon. This isn't about Marty.

This is about your team and Norv and AJ's status.

I have consistently blasted the Spanos family as cheap and about the bottom line akin to the Rockies' Monfort family. [check my post history! a lot of this i have said for over 3 seasons now!]

If Spanos and company keep Norv and AJ for even one more year they are basically flipping you guys the bird and telling you you don't matter!

I already sent out an email to the Chargers saying that my season tickets would be canceled if a change wasnt made. I'm sure many others have done the same. A change is coming believe it.

Comment

Originally posted by NFLfan..MLBzzzz View Post
      I already sent out an email to the Chargers saying that my season tickets would be canceled if a change wasnt made. I'm sure many others have done the same. A change is coming believe it.
      You got season tickets?

And i saw Norv/AJ may come back FWIW.

Comment

Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
        You got season tickets?

I was watching this morning and they said it was because of lack of options. Maybe they should go after the tuna? It wouldnt bode well for the rest of the division but he would straighten things out for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Jer_ber73 View Post
          I was watching this morning and they said it was because of lack of options. Maybe they should go after the tuna? It wouldnt bode well for the rest of the division but he would straighten things out for sure.
          Gruden said he's staying with ESPN.

Not sure on Fisher or Cowher.

Comment

You got season tickets?

Ive had season tickets for over 15 years.

Comment

They always say that....if the right deal came along in the right situation they can change their minds fast.

Comment

Fisher is reportedly #1 on St. Louis' list, and the rumors about Cowher was that he was very high on both Tampa's and Miami's list.
                sigpic

Adopted Posters:
                Broncbeat - 80stheman - kmcgough25 - InsaneBlaze 23
                Adopted By:
                Broncoholic JS & 80stheman
                Broncbeat

Comment

Glad to see you would actually vote with your wallet (the only real way to effect change in a sports franchise).

This theory that there is no availability or good candidates is bogus, too.

If I were a SD fan, I would hope that they make a change sooner than later.

Comment

Unfortunately I find it hard to remember a time when it wasn't like that. People haven't been going to the games, and it's not like we don't have the population.

It actually gets to the point where it's not "what would you do?" It's "what could you do that they'd actually freaking take notice?" I wonder how much it costs to rent a billboard?

sigpic

Comment

Glad to see you would actually vote with your wallet (the only real way to effect change in a sports franchise).

This theory that there is no availability or good candidates is bogus, too.

If I were a SD fan, I would hope that they make a change sooner than later.
                      The longer it goes without any word on their fate the worse it gets in that maybe they are thinking about bringing them back.

The Chargers job would have to appeal to any of the big name coaching candidates. They have the best QB of any team looking to have a possible H/C vacancy, were closesr to winning their division then most of the other likely available options & who wouldnt want to make millions & live in SD??

Comment

The longer it goes without any word on their fate the worse it gets in that maybe they are thinking about bringing them back.

The Chargers job would have to appeal to any of the big name coaching candidates. They have the best QB of any team looking to have a possible H/C vacancy, were closesr to winning their division then most of the other likely available options & who wouldnt want to make millions & live in SD??
                        Yeah seriously

San Diego would be the most desired job
                        sigpic
                        Thank you Charger$

Comment

Yes but prestige and money talks, from the outside many see it as a dieing franchise, and well not many coaches want to deal with that.

In all honesty some believe that Tampa a team that was 10-6 a year ago with little changes to the roster, can be turned around easier with less headaches, but yes they will have trouble in that division. Also if Reid leaves/quits that position has potential to be very attractive
                          Last edited by Joshecalpoly; 01-02-2012, 10:56 PM.
                          2016 Draft: http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...aft-Watch-list

Comment

Originally posted by Joshecalpoly View Post
                            Yes but prestige and money talks, from the outside many see it as a dieing franchise, and well not many coaches want to deal with that.

In all honesty some believe that Tampa a team that was 10-6 a year ago with little changes to the roster, can be turned around easier with less headaches, but yes they will have trouble in that division. Also if Reid leaves/quits that position has potential to be very attractive
                            And who exactly thinks that? A team that has not finished under .500 since 2003 with a top tier QB is a dieing franchise?

Sounds more like wishful thinking the fact.

Comment

Originally posted by Puddleglum View Post
                              Unfortunately I find it hard to remember a time when it wasn't like that. People haven't been going to the games, and it's not like we don't have the population.

It actually gets to the point where it's not "what would you do?" It's "what could you do that they'd actually freaking take notice?" I wonder how much it costs to rent a billboard?
                              The only real way to voice your opinion is major no shows. It took Oakland fans doing that before Al got serious again. Florida Marlins had games where the attendance was 300 people! Now look!

You don't buy SD gear. You don't go to games. It is tough. I did it while McD was here. It sucked!!!!!! But it was necessary!

Youre right! The longer it goes the worse things are. Remember how late they fired Marty and how it affected them in finding coaches?

The longer it goes the more they look inept-coaches notice that kind of thing.

Ultimately they need to crap or get off the pot. I think they are trying to gauge interest and keep the staff just in case. Most coaches, apparently not Cowher nor Jim Harbaugh, wont interview let alone talk about a job that isnt open.

San Diego is in a garbage division. They have a great QB. They have some nice pieces. It should be an appealing job. But right now Spanos can't get out of his own way-at least that is how it appears.

Comment

Working...
                              X