sigpic
    when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

Originally posted by arapaho View Post
      i hope they keep em

might even start the "keep norve in sandiego" movement
      We should by a billboard out there

Comment

They're staying. We'll see how they react now that they were so close to being gone. Think AJ needs to save his job by revamping the D and getting depth on the Oline. Sure bronco fans and AFC west fans are happy about this. Oh well, still going to cheer on norv and the bolts even if I'm not happy with the decision.
        sigpic

Comment

Chargers owner Dean Spanos announced Tuesday that head coach Norv Turner and GM A.J. Smith will be retained for the 2012 season.
          "Bottom line, I believe these two men give us the best chance to get back to the playoffs," Spanos said. "A.J. Smith is the best man to improve our roster, and Norv Turner is the best man to lead that roster on the field." Turner's 52-34 record is the best by percentage (.605) in franchise history. He saved his job with a strong showing down the stretch one Philip Rivers gained protection up front. His return is good news for the fantasy value of the Chargers' offensive stars.

Comment

Originally posted by arapaho View Post
            i hope they keep em

might even start the "keep norve in sandiego" movement
            Looks like you got your wish, at least for one more year.

Comment

Originally posted by NFLfan..MLBzzzz View Post
              I already sent out an email to the Chargers saying that my season tickets would be canceled if a change wasnt made. I'm sure many others have done the same. A change is coming believe it.
              Chargers owner Dean Spanos announced Tuesday that head coach Norv Turner and GM A.J. Smith will be retained for the 2012 season.
              "Bottom line, I believe these two men give us the best chance to get back to the playoffs," Spanos said. "A.J. Smith is the best man to improve our roster, and Norv Turner is the best man to lead that roster on the field." Turner's 52-34 record is the best by percentage (.605) in franchise history. He saved his job with a strong showing down the stretch one Philip Rivers gained protection up front. His return is good news for the fantasy value of the Chargers' offensive stars.

Not this year at least...

Comment

It probably came down to not wanting to pay them both 2 more years. Season ticket fan base is going to take a hit that's for sure.

Comment

Spanos is cheap. That is all there is to it.

Spanos is to the NFL what Monfort is to MLB.

Comment

All we heard here in SD is that when these two were fired they would have jobs the next day meaning spanos would pay any difference in pay, don't think it's a money issue as much as it is just bad decision making. Think rivers backing norv had a lot to do with norv staying as well.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CHARGER$ View Post
                      All we heard here in SD is that when these two were fired they would have jobs the next day meaning spanos would pay any difference in pay, don't think it's a money issue as much as it is just bad decision making. Think rivers backing norv had a lot to do with norv staying as well.
                      pretty much this ^

spanos is a tool bag.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jhildebrand View Post
                        Spanos is cheap. That is all there is to it.

Spanos is to the NFL what Monfort is to MLB.
                        its not that hes cheap, hes just flat out dumb. its not like he isn't spending money, the chargers have a higher team salary than the broncos do.

we just make dumb decisions as an organization. this is why we are ringless, its not because we have some curse, its just bad ownership.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CHARGER$ View Post
                          What else would Rivers do publicly? Had he not given that vote of confidence, no matter how hollow, and Norv was retained it would be an interesting dilemma.

They would have been hired elsewhere and I sincerely doubt Spanos would have paid out much on Norv. Even then, a SB run and a home playoff game(s) would pay out much more.

The loss of the fanbase, potentially anyway, is far greater than the savings. Business 101.

Originally posted by baphamet View Post
                          its not that hes cheap, hes just flat out dumb. its not like he isn't spending money, the chargers have a higher team salary than the broncos do.

we just make dumb decisions as an organization. this is why we are ringless, its not because we have some curse, its just bad ownership.
                          The elder Spanos is known as cheap. That is and has been the reputation. The younger Spanos had been changing that.

As far as a higher team salary, don't let that fool you! Bowlen paid 3 coaches this year! He paid Shanahan, McDaniels, and Fox! It was quite the sum! I think Shanahan was between 7 and 9 million. McDaniels was around 3 million and Fox around 2! This team also hasn't spent much because it had for so long under Shanahan and finally got out from under some of the bad deals i.e. Orton.

There are great candidates out there. I think Norv is like Wade and Lebeau forever the great coordinator not coach. He is just good enough. AJ has been there too long.

Finally, your team sold the fanbase a bill of goods with Marty. It insisted it was a SB caliber team and his failure in the PO's was reason enough to excuse him.

Now Norv has missed the PO's 2 straight years yet he is not only retained but told "he and AJ are the guys to win them a SB!"

If they were, they would have by now.

Comment

Originally posted by jhildebrand View Post
                            I said, long before anybody else, that Norv AND AJ were your teams problems. I said they fired Marty a year too soon. This isn't about Marty.

This is about your team and Norv and AJ's status.

I have consistently blasted the Spanos family as cheap and about the bottom line akin to the Rockies' Monfort family. [check my post history! a lot of this i have said for over 3 seasons now!]

If Spanos and company keep Norv and AJ for even one more year they are basically flipping you guys the bird and telling you you don't matter!

How would you handle that? What would you do?
                            You might be right about some points but even with AJ/Norv we are still miles ahead of the Broncos. Vs the Broncos though AJ/Norv have been pretty much brilliant.
                            Sorry Denver Haters...I've been on an extended business trip....:thumb:

Comment

Originally posted by NoRingNoGlory View Post
                              You might be right about some points but even with AJ/Norv we are still miles ahead of the Broncos. Vs the Broncos though AJ/Norv have been pretty much brilliant.
                              You are miles ahead of the Broncos in talent and other catgeories which makes our winning the division all the more laughable! It also shows what a MASSIVE underachievement and failure those two did! This division has been weak for years! When the AFCE was weak, NE was winning SB's!!!

Now your team has gone out and fired Manusky! What a joke. He got scape goated! Talk about mixed messages! Norv and AJ can fail at monumnetal proportions for years but he gets ONE shot. SAD. SAD. SAD state of affairs in San Diego. This just reeks of how spineless and lame AJ and Norv are to have fired him.

This all but ensures another year of mediocrity San Diego. Enjoy it.

Comment

and the hits keep comeing

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...headline_stack

The San Diego Chargers are not likely to give wide receiver Vincent Jackson the franchise tag if they are unable to sign him, according to the U-T San Diego.

Jackson, 28, had the franchise tag placed on him by the Chargers last offseason, resulting in a one-year contract worth around $11 million. If the team decides to place the franchise tag on Jackson for the 2012 season, it would cost around $13 million. Sources told the newspaper that the team probably would not devote that much money to a single receiver for a one-year deal

come on cheap aj....dont pay the man...let another one slip for free
                                sigpic
                                when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

Working...
                                X