Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hey San Diego

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by jhildebrand View Post
    You are miles ahead of the Broncos in talent and other catgeories which makes our winning the division all the more laughable! It also shows what a MASSIVE underachievement and failure those two did! This division has been weak for years! When the AFCE was weak, NE was winning SB's!!!

    Now your team has gone out and fired Manusky! What a joke. He got scape goated! Talk about mixed messages! Norv and AJ can fail at monumnetal proportions for years but he gets ONE shot. SAD. SAD. SAD state of affairs in San Diego. This just reeks of how spineless and lame AJ and Norv are to have fired him.

    This all but ensures another year of mediocrity San Diego. Enjoy it.
    Your win was by a mathematical equation of common opponents, not pure wins and loses. The Raiders, Chiefs, and Chargers will be ready.

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by jhildebrand View Post
      You are miles ahead of the Broncos in talent and other catgeories which makes our winning the division all the more laughable! It also shows what a MASSIVE underachievement and failure those two did!
      I keep telling people that it wouldn't hurt if the Chargers were talentless cellar-dwellers. I'd be fine with it actually, I have no problem simply watching my team play spoiler for other teams. However, this team has been SB or bust for what 6 years now? Hard to go to the SB if you cannot even get to playoffs, cause then you have to get tickets, hotel, etc.

      Originally posted by jhildebrand View Post
      Now your team has gone out and fired Manusky! What a joke. He got scape goated! Talk about mixed messages! Norv and AJ can fail at monumnetal proportions for years but he gets ONE shot. SAD. SAD. SAD state of affairs in San Diego. This just reeks of how spineless and lame AJ and Norv are to have fired him.
      Make no mistake Manusky has been sacrificed to an angry and ravenous San Diego horde in an effort to pacify them (click the link it goes to the press release which is...pretty much an attempt at career assassination). Regardless, he loved the prevent defense and I am VERY glad he has gone from a football philosophy standpoint.

      The kicker? I can understand why Manusky played the way he did, and he has very little to work with on that defense. 4 D-coordinators in 6 years, makes you wonder if the problem lies elsewhere...



      Originally posted by jhildebrand View Post
      This all but ensures another year of mediocrity San Diego. Enjoy it.
      The WORST part about all of this is that on San Diego sports radio these days it is being said that Spanos did reach out to people around Cowher and Fisher (because asking them directly must just rub football coaches the wrong way) but they refuse to come to San Diego because they did not want to work with AJ Smith.



      ...So apparently that doesn't mean you fire AJ too, it means Norv and AJ come back for another year (any of you graphics wizards out there able to do a batman and robin or Lord of the/no Rings with AJ and Norv? It would be priceless). So, knowing that Norv and who knows about AJ anymore has one year left on them will a high quality defensive coordinator want to come in? Heck no, and of irony of ironies, as I write this John Pagano (our LB'ers coach) has been promoted to D-Coordinator.

      I don't know what is so freaking appealing about continuity but here Chargers, have some from me.



      I'd like to take this time to apologize for the coming price spike in the international vodka markets, I'm merely...trying to forget.

      sigpic

      Comment


      • #33
        Great news. Looks like 9-7 wins the division next year.

        So Marty gets fired after losing in the playoffs, but Norv stays after his second straight year out the playoffs in a weak division?

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by AFCWEST View Post
          Your win was by a mathematical equation of common opponents, not pure wins and loses. The Raiders, Chiefs, and Chargers will be ready.
          It doesn't matter. My team still had to win ENOUGH games and the RIGHT games to get in. It doesn't mean it was purely handed to them.

          The Chargers have NO EXCUSES for their massive underachievements!

          The double standard of Spanos is GLARING. Football god's have cursed them for the Marty firing.

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by jhildebrand View Post
            It doesn't matter. My team still had to win ENOUGH games and the RIGHT games to get in. It doesn't mean it was purely handed to them.

            The Chargers have NO EXCUSES for their massive underachievements!

            The double standard of Spanos is GLARING. Football god's have cursed them for the Marty firing.
            Little more then a coin flip....Top 3 teams were 8-8....

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by jhildebrand View Post
              It doesn't matter. My team still had to win ENOUGH games and the RIGHT games to get in. It doesn't mean it was purely handed to them.

              The Chargers have NO EXCUSES for their massive underachievements!

              The double standard of Spanos is GLARING. Football god's have cursed them for the Marty firing.
              so you don't think the fact that marty and AJ hated each other had anything to do with it?

              i wouldn't say its a double standard as much as it was just a bad decision, much like the bad decision to keep bethard over ross.

              they never seem to learn apparently.
              sigpic

              Comment

              Working...
              X