Peyton's best choice is Denver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peyton's best choice is Denver

The best teams for Manning to go to who need better QBs are Baltimore, Houston and SF...but those teams have shown no interest in getting Peyton.

Of the teams that have shown interest in Manning...

1. Cardinals...weak defense, weak O-line and marginal running game.

2. Seahawks...inconsistent defense, marginal O-line, weak HC and bad weather for QBs.

3. Chiefs...weak defense and weak HC.

4. Jets...too much descension in the locker room, soap-opera HC (and the team is clearly getting sick of the drama) and I dont think Peyton wants to be in his little bro's town.

5. Redskins...horrible defense and Shanahan likes QBs who dont audible or stray from his system, which Peyton would not fit into very well. Peyton loves being the OC on the field and audible constantly, as we have all seen.

6. Dolphins...weak defense, weak O-line and unproven HC.

7. Broncos...this looks like the best fit. Good defense (even if Dawkins retires, Del Rio and Fox will find good people to fix a couple holes) and a good and young O-line, which is imperative since Manning is a pocket passer with no mobility. The only ? for Denver is their running game. Can Magahee stay healthy? Moreno's career is probably over from the ACL injury and Ball is a good backup, but not starting material. I'd like to see Denver get Bush off the FA wire...he ran great for the Raiders when McFadden was injured all those games and the Broncos have enough cap room for Bush and Manning. I think Manning would like working for Elway and the Broncos as an organization are similar to the Colts. If Manning did decide to come to Denver, the Broncos should still keep Tebow. Manning is only a temporary QB improvement and if Peyton's neck injury flares up again, Denver will need a good backup. But if Peyton can play 2-3 years for Denver, Tebow can learn from a QB legend and continue to work on his passing ability. Then once Manning retires, Tebow will be ready to be the long-time starter for Denver (if Tebow's throwing ability improves).

Denver brings the most to the bargaining table. If I was Manning, I'd come to Denver.
    Last edited by mct1967; 03-08-2012, 08:47 AM.

Ah....No. Not even close.

Comment

My favorite was the Chiefs... weak D and weak HC

Yeah there weak D held the Packers to 14 points and us to 3. There D after their old HC got canned proved to be very good. Their D is better than ours.

I actually think the Chiefs have a really good shot at PM.

Adopted Broncos:
      (2011-2013) Eric Decker
      (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
      (2019-Current) Drew Lock
      Adopted posters:
      Everyone

Comment

i'm stickin with jets

archie wants both sons ruling NY lol
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by #87Birdman View Post

Yeah there weak D held the Packers to 14 points and us to 3. There D after their old HC got canned proved to be very good. Their D is better than ours.

Apparently you forgot how we ran all over KC at KC. They couldnt even stop our running game when they knew what was coming.

Their D was ranked 12th at the end of the season and maybe Romeo will improve the D, but I doubt Romeo can lead a team to a SB. He's not HC material. KC would be my 2nd choice if I was Manning, but I still think Denver is the best option if Manning wants another ring.

Comment

as long as its not the chiefs, broncos, or raiders i am good lol

i think it will be the redskins tho.

i know its not the greatest fit but they need a QB badly and i hear dan snyder is interesting in signing him.

if he goes to the broncos or chiefs i will be afraid, especially the chiefs.
            sigpic

Comment

I agree with this. Denver has the best defense out of all the teams interested in Manning.

Donks have a shallow WR group, but I have a feeling Wayne will sign anywhere Manning does.
              SHOCKED by Donktown disdain toward TEBOW. He saved your 2011.

Comment

Originally posted by Nordstrom View Post
                I agree with this. Denver has the best defense out of all the teams interested in Manning.

Donks have a shallow WR group, but I have a feeling Wayne will sign anywhere Manning does.
                the chiefs have the potential to have a pretty good defense and they have bowe and charles.

but yeah, don't want to see him on either team to be honest.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by #87Birdman View Post

Not a weak D. But definitely a weak HC
                  sigpic

Comment

First off, nice post. Made for entertaining reading.

Originally posted by mct1967 View Post
                    1. Cardinals...weak defense, weak O-line and marginal running game.
                    I would tend to agree. It also shows that paying a top-flight WR without a decent QB to throw to him can kill a team. I think it is a good division for him though.

Originally posted by mct1967
                    . Seahawks...inconsistent defense, marginal O-line, weak HC and bad weather for QBs.
                    I'm surprised you listed the Seahawks as having an "inconsistent defense," when I think that just about everyone you listed except the Cardinals has a better defense. I think Peyton will have much better offers than here.

. Chiefs...weak defense and weak HC.
                    I could not disagree more with this. Did you see their last couple of games? I see red in 2012 and that's WITHOUT Manning, add Manning and I see SB.

. Jets...too much dissension in the locker room, soap-opera HC (and the team is clearly getting sick of the drama) and I dont think Peyton wants to be in his little bro's town.
                    While for the most part I would agree with you, I'd add a few things. 1 - There is not enough room in Jersey for both Sanchez and Manning (though I think Sanchez would take a pay cut, lets face it if you can't succeed with the cast he's had around him you don't have much of a chance of succeeding elswhere). 2 - Archie does not want his sons to overshadow each other, and rings aside one of them casts a much, MUCH, MUCH larger shadow. 3 - I doubt Manning wants to see and compete with Brady 2 times a year. Regardless that the Jets know Peyton Manning would answer many of their problems their wild spending has caught up with them.

5. Redskins...horrible defense and Shanahan likes QBs who dont audible or stray from his system, which Peyton would not fit into very well. Peyton loves being the OC on the field and audible constantly, as we have all seen.
                    You are basing you argument for this team on the habits of the coach, and since you are a Bronco fan and doubtless have forgot more about Shanahan than I know I'll take your word for it. If they can see past the ego's, I think you are underrating their defense and they are a team that is just missing a QB in a rather weak division. Yes, I did say that, the NFC East is a rather weak division, it has been for a while.

6. Dolphins...weak defense, weak O-line and unproven HC.
                    I think that you are again being too hard on these defenses. The Dolphins have a decent to good defense it's pretty much the only thing they have. All the pundits seems to think Miami is his landing spot, but again who wants to be in a division that Brady has ruled for so long. I think Peyton is going to go to a team that is only missing a QB, under that filter the Dolphins don't pan out.

7. Broncos...this looks like the best fit. Good defense (even if Dawkins retires, Del Rio and Fox will find good people to fix a couple holes) and a good and young O-line, which is imperative since Manning is a pocket passer with no mobility.
                    I think you are underestimating the effect Dawkins departure would have on your defense. I do agree about the O-line, I am worried about Kuper though.

The only ? for Denver is their running game. Can Magahee stay healthy? Moreno's career is probably over from the ACL injury and Ball is a good backup, but not starting material. I'd like to see Denver get Bush off the FA wire...he ran great for the Raiders when McFadden was injured all those games and the Broncos have enough cap room for Bush and Manning.
                    I'm sorry but here's where we could not disagree more. You cite RB as the biggest Bronco need? Even Lance Ball had an average of more than 4 yards per carry. McGahee was "done" before he came to Denver and found the fountain of youth. You have a good O-line, take advantage of it and find some steals in the later rounds of the draft or UDFA to fill the RB spot. DTx2 should be at the top of the Broncos draft needs just like it was last year. Having a great defense is pretty much a 2 part formula these days. A- Pass rush + B - Run defense = Win. You guy's don't have B yet. I know most of you guys don't agree with me but I still think a good pass catching TE is exactly what the Broncos are missing on offense. Both of those things the Chiefs have might I add.

If Manning did decide to come to Denver, the Broncos should still keep Tebow. Manning is only a temporary QB improvement and if Peyton's neck injury flares up again, Denver will need a good backup. But if Peyton can play 2-3 years for Denver, Tebow can learn from a QB legend and continue to work on his passing ability. Then once Manning retires, Tebow will be ready to be the long-time starter for Denver (if Tebow's throwing ability improves).
                    Here is where it gets interesting, I have always likened Tebow to Steve Young. If memory serves Steve Young also sat behind some famous QB for a couple years, Bob Dakota? That was after his 2 year stint as a creamsicle too (spooky right?). I believe Tebow has the character necessary to sit behind someone like Manning and I think the Denver populace would be willing to accept, for a time anyway. Tebow has shown he's lightning in a bottle, but he's also shown he's pretty raw. If you give him time to develop and learn...behind an instant hall of famer no less. That's called "playing the long game," and a great idea if you ask me. You also make a great point that there is little risk for Denver beyond $ in that if Manning does go down (knock on wood, as who wants to see a legend go out like that) in comes the future/Timmy.

Denver brings the most to the bargaining table. If I was Manning, I'd come to Denver.
                    I think Denver is tied for 2nd with Washington. I see the Chiefs as the favorites. However, if the 49er's jump in I think he goes there simply because of the division.

It is going to be very interesting. I don't see any favorites in the AFC West this year, a departure from years past. Peyton Manning would solve that.
                    Last edited by Puddleglum; 03-08-2012, 10:25 AM.
                    sigpic

Comment

Peyton isn't going to play on any NFC team period, they want a Manning Vs. Manning Super Bowl.

My prediction is he will either sign here in Denver or K.C.

Our division is probably the weakest in the NFL, ensuring him a very good chance at the Division Championship. (However with Manning it would become one of the top Divisions, with 3 elite QBs)

He isn't going to the AFC south I just don't think he wants to play the Colts twice a year.

He will stay away from the North because playing the Steelers and Ravens D twice a year would suck.

The East has Tom Brady and the N.Y. Jets so I don't think he would want to play in that Division 6 games a year either.

Manning will be in the AFC West this year bank on it.
                      sigpic WHEC-724

Comment

I think the Chiefs are the best team of all of them. Manning + Bowe/Baldwin/Breaston and Jamaal Charles? Along with the fact that they're WAY under the cap so they'll have no trouble signing him and his crew, and they have a high pick for an OT. Plus their defense is the best of those listed

Comment

Originally posted by baphamet View Post
                          the chiefs have the potential to have a pretty good defense and they have bowe and charles.

but yeah, don't want to see him on either team to be honest.
                          Yeah agree with that, also. His two best landing spot are in the AFDC west. Lol.
                          SHOCKED by Donktown disdain toward TEBOW. He saved your 2011.

Comment

Originally posted by RaiderFanSD View Post
                            I think the Chiefs are the best team of all of them. Manning + Bowe/Baldwin/Breaston and Jamaal Charles? Along with the fact that they're WAY under the cap so they'll have no trouble signing him and his crew, and they have a high pick for an OT. Plus their defense is the best of those listed
                            I agree with you on this. Only thing is im not hearing there names as much as miami and denver.

Comment

Originally posted by Puddleglum View Post
                              First off, nice post. Made for entertaining reading.

I would tend to agree. It also shows that paying a top-flight WR without a decent QB to throw to him can kill a team. I think it is a good division for him though.

I'm surprised you listed the Seahawks as having an "inconsistent defense," when I think that just about everyone you listed except the Cardinals has a better defense. I think Peyton will have much better offers than here.

I could not disagree more with this. Did you see their last couple of games? I see red in 2012 and that's WITHOUT Manning, add Manning and I see SB.

While for the most part I would agree with you, I'd add a few things. 1 - There is not enough room in Jersey for both Sanchez and Manning (though I think Sanchez would take a pay cut, lets face it if you can't succeed with the cast he's had around him you don't have much of a chance of succeeding elswhere). 2 - Archie does not want his sons to overshadow each other, and rings aside one of them casts a much, MUCH, MUCH larger shadow. 3 - I doubt Manning wants to see and compete with Brady 2 times a year. Regardless that the Jets know Peyton Manning would answer many of their problems their wild spending has caught up with them.

You are basing you argument for this team on the habits of the coach, and since you are a Bronco fan and doubtless have forgot more about Shanahan than I know I'll take your word for it. If they can see past the ego's, I think you are underrating their defense and they are a team that is just missing a QB in a rather weak division. Yes, I did say that, the NFC East is a rather weak division, it has been for a while.

I think that you are again being too hard on these defenses. The Dolphins have a decent to good defense it's pretty much the only thing they have. All the pundits seems to think Miami is his landing spot, but again who wants to be in a division that Brady has ruled for so long. I think Peyton is going to go to a team that is only missing a QB, under that filter the Dolphins don't pan out.

I think you are underestimating the effect Dawkins departure would have on your defense. I do agree about the O-line, I am worried about Kuper though.

I'm sorry but here's where we could not disagree more. You cite RB as the biggest Bronco need? Even Lance Ball had an average of more than 4 yards per carry. McGahee was "done" before he came to Denver and found the fountain of youth. You have a good O-line, take advantage of it and find some steals in the later rounds of the draft or UDFA to fill the RB spot. DTx2 should be at the top of the Broncos draft needs just like it was last year. Having a great defense is pretty much a 2 part formula these days. A- Pass rush + B - Run defense = Win. You guy's don't have B yet. I know most of you guys don't agree with me but I still think a good pass catching TE is exactly what the Broncos are missing on offense. Both of those things the Chiefs have might I add.

Here is where it gets interesting, I have always likened Tebow to Steve Young. If memory serves Steve Young also sat behind some famous QB for a couple years, Bob Dakota? That was after his 2 year stint as a creamsicle too (spooky right?). I believe Tebow has the character necessary to sit behind someone like Manning and I think the Denver populace would be willing to accept, for a time anyway. Tebow has shown he's lightning in a bottle, but he's also shown he's pretty raw. If you give him time to develop and learn...behind an instant hall of famer no less. That's called "playing the long game," and a great idea if you ask me. You also make a great point that there is little risk for Denver beyond $ in that if Manning does go down (knock on wood, as who wants to see a legend go out like that) in comes the future/Timmy.

I think Denver is tied for 2nd with Washington. I see the Chiefs as the favorites. However, if the 49er's jump in I think he goes there simply because of the division.

It is going to be very interesting. I don't see any favorites in the AFC West this year, a departure from years past. Peyton Manning would solve that.
                              I dont think Romeo can lead any team to a SB...with or without Manning. He's a guy who isnt HC material, but is a good DC...similar to Wade Phillips.

LT on the NFL Network said if the Jets took Manning, Sanchez would ask to be traded. The Jets have too many problems from top to bottom and Peyton isnt powerful enough to fix them all. I dont believe Peyton could get a ring in NY in 2-3 years. Favre's stint there didnt work and I dont think Peyton would either.

After Elway retired, Shanahan benched Bubby Brister and Plummer because they would not stick to his game-plan and play-calls. Shanahan likes to script offensive game-plans and the first several plays of every game and if a QB alters his script, there is a lot of friction. Shanny is a bit of a control-freak and is not very open to audibles or even QB scrambles. I dont think that would sit well with Manning. The Redskins finished 21st in defense. I dont think the Redskins would be an attractive place to play for Manning.

I never said RB was the Broncos biggest need, I said it was a ? mark. Its a position that Denver needs to have someone who's good and healthy from week to week. I will agree with you that Denver needs drastic improvement at the TE position and some improvements at WR, especially if Royal leaves. I will agree with you that the Broncos need to stop the run better and I hope they acquire a couple good DTs in the draft or FA. I think the LBs will get better at stopping the run. I'm more concerned about the old backfield we have. Champ, Goodman and Dawkins creak when they walk, but I see Del Rio doing great things for Denver's D and I think Elway and Company will fill the other team holes.

I'd still come to Denver, if I was Peyton.

Comment

Working...
                              X