To Bears fans LOL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Chitown View Post
    Cutler's record as a Bear is 39-26. He wins 66.6% of the time. That's with three years of the worst o-line and receiving corps in the league while learning new offensive systems at the same time. Pretty impressive I know.

Since 2009 Jay has had 11 4th quarter comeback wins along with 13 game winning drives. He would have had more if it weren't for the defense allowing a last minute drive for a TD after Cutler lead the Bears to a lead the drive before like the last game last year against Green Bay.

I guess when I saw Johnny Knox slipping and falling causing interceptions or Devin Hester dropping crucial passes that hit him right in the hands on a 3rd down I wasn't as quick to blame Jay as you obviously are. Or did you not watch every Bears game and are just looking up stats? How about the years Jay didn't have half a second after a snap before getting blasted? Did you watch those games or just look at a stat sheet?

You know it's funny, I had a Bronco fan on here argue that if Manning had a guy that returned two kicks for touchdowns in a game like Hester did for Cutler that the game wouldn't be close. Trying to diminish another Cutler win. Manning would destroy them. It wasn't long after that the Holiday did just that in the AFC title game against the Ravens. Manning found a way to lose that game. A game that Bronco fans would say don't count as a win for Cutler because he was spotted those points.

I guess to your last point about the defense not being good I agree that it is harder to win games without a good defense. The Bears were dead last against the run last year and came up two points short for giving up the most points in the league. But if all of the additions to the defense pay off, watch out, because Cutler and the offense is going to be lethal.
    I till base alot of what I say from his time at the Broncos. I think Cutler is a good QB with a cannon of an arm, but he is also very careless and immature and will lose just as many games as he wins.
    sigpic

2015 Adopted Bronco Von MIller
    UNLEASH THE BEAST!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Houshmazode View Post
      I've already forgot what that was about.

Jordan Palmer and Fales? Ouch.
      Trestman is the QB whisperer because of his work with journeyman QB's like McCown, Gannon, Grabac, and Mitchell. Everyone of those QB's either had a career year as a starter or backup under Trestman.

This time last year that's what everyone said about Josh McCown. Hell he was a street free agent coaching HS football before he got Trestman's call.

Comment

• Now to get back to the thread title. Something interesting PFF had on Marshall. Marshall was the best blocking receiver in the NFL last year including both WR's and TE's. Forte is greatful for that fact.

Comment

• Originally posted by bears6385 View Post
          Now to get back to the thread title. Something interesting PFF had on Marshall. Marshall was the best blocking receiver in the NFL last year including both WR's and TE's. Forte is greatful for that fact.
          really starting to like Marshall a lot now. he is pretty under-rated because of his metal issues he had had in the past. easily a top 3 -5 elite receiver in my opinion.

other than his rookie year, hes never had less than 81 catches and 1000 yards receiving in a year regardless of who is throwing him the ball.

i'm so glad he isn't in Denver anymore, how scary would that be to have manning throwing him the rock?

Comment

Trestman is the QB whisperer because of his work with journeyman QB's like McCown, Gannon, Grabac, and Mitchell. Everyone of those QB's either had a career year as a starter or backup under Trestman.

This time last year that's what everyone said about Josh McCown. Hell he was a street free agent coaching HS football before he got Trestman's call.
            McDaniels had a similar rep that does not mean anything.
            Originally posted by Chitown View Post
            Cutler's record as a Bear is 39-26. He wins 66.6% of the time. That's with three years of the worst o-line and receiving corps in the league while learning new offensive systems at the same time. Pretty impressive I know.

Since 2009 Jay has had 11 4th quarter comeback wins along with 13 game winning drives. He would have had more if it weren't for the defense allowing a last minute drive for a TD after Cutler lead the Bears to a lead the drive before like the last game last year against Green Bay.

I guess when I saw Johnny Knox slipping and falling causing interceptions or Devin Hester dropping crucial passes that hit him right in the hands on a 3rd down I wasn't as quick to blame Jay as you obviously are. Or did you not watch every Bears game and are just looking up stats? How about the years Jay didn't have half a second after a snap before getting blasted? Did you watch those games or just look at a stat sheet?

You know it's funny, I had a Bronco fan on here argue that if Manning had a guy that returned two kicks for touchdowns in a game like Hester did for Cutler that the game wouldn't be close. Trying to diminish another Cutler win. Manning would destroy them. It wasn't long after that the Holiday did just that in the AFC title game against the Ravens. Manning found a way to lose that game. A game that Bronco fans would say don't count as a win for Cutler because he was spotted those points.

I guess to your last point about the defense not being good I agree that it is harder to win games without a good defense. The Bears were dead last against the run last year and came up two points short for giving up the most points in the league. But if all of the additions to the defense pay off, watch out, because Cutler and the offense is going to be lethal.

You do realize statistically hes not much better then he was in denver but his D has gotten more turnovers and allowed fewer points? Hes taken the team out of 45% of the games on average, but of those games your D wins about 20% of them. Hes a great QB who makes very stupid mistakes and has a tendency to blame others. I find it odd that Orton looked better in both systems statistically the reason for that was because he didnt turn the ball over, but we still had a lousy D (in fact we devolved even more).

Of the QB's that are regularly considered in top 16 Romo and Cutler are the only ones with a consistent bottom of the league in redzone conversion and TD-INT differential and for a good reason they have less playoff experience. You can blame the O-line all you want but Manning had a terrible O-line this year Rodgers has actually been under pressure more frequently then Cutler has in every year. You can blame the receiving corps but even with Marshall those numbers havent really improved in the top 16. He still hampers his team as much as he helps hes still a double edge sword and Marshalls ability is wasted on Cutler if he consistently underestimates defenders and throws the ball into traffic
            2016 Draft: http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...aft-Watch-list

Comment

• Originally posted by Joshecalpoly View Post
              McDaniels had a similar rep that does not mean anything.

You do realize statistically hes not much better then he was in denver but his D has gotten more turnovers and allowed fewer points? Hes taken the team out of 45% of the games on average, but of those games your D wins about 20% of them. Hes a great QB who makes very stupid mistakes and has a tendency to blame others. I find it odd that Orton looked better in both systems statistically the reason for that was because he didnt turn the ball over, but we still had a lousy D (in fact we devolved even more).

Of the QB's that are regularly considered in top 16 Romo and Cutler are the only ones with a consistent bottom of the league in redzone conversion and TD-INT differential and for a good reason they have less playoff experience. You can blame the O-line all you want but Manning had a terrible O-line this year Rodgers has actually been under pressure more frequently then Cutler has in every year. You can blame the receiving corps but even with Marshall those numbers havent really improved in the top 16. He still hampers his team as much as he helps hes still a double edge sword and Marshalls ability is wasted on Cutler if he consistently underestimates defenders and throws the ball into traffic
              You obviously don't know what you are talking about. Broncos had the third best o-line this year. Cutler played with the worst o-line and worst receivers in the league and had horrible play calling with Mike Tice, Mike Martz and Ron Turner. I don't think you really get what that means. Romo has been surrounded by weapons his entire time in Dallas and in the same system. Rodgers has never been more pressured than Cutler has. Ever. Seriously, go look it up.

Your 45% stat is a joke as well. Basically, The Bears record is 39 - 26 (65 games) with Cutler at QB. That means Cutler has taken them out of 29 games (45% of 65). If the defense won 20% of the 29 that Cutler has taken them out of their record would be 41-24. But it's not it's 39-26. So, based on the stats you have given, the defense has won three games for the Bears that they would not have won since 2009 with Cutler at quarterback. Three games.

You can have your Orton stats all you want. I'd rather have the guy that hit Hester with a 20 yard bullet right in the chest that he drops on a 3rd and 8 then a check down Charlie that hits his full back for a two yard gain on the same play. Statistically it's better what Orton did but at least Cutler gave the team a chance.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/te...sition/defense

Bears total defense : 30th
              Bears Rush defense : 32nd (and 31st isn't close)
              Points scored against : 31st (2 points from 32nd, so close)

Thanks defense for the three wins over the last five years. I guess it is Cutler wasting Marshall's ability.

Comment

• Originally posted by baphamet View Post
                really starting to like Marshall a lot now. he is pretty under-rated because of his metal issues he had had in the past. easily a top 3 -5 elite receiver in my opinion.

other than his rookie year, hes never had less than 81 catches and 1000 yards receiving in a year regardless of who is throwing him the ball.

i'm so glad he isn't in Denver anymore, how scary would that be to have manning throwing him the rock?

Low blow, baph. Low blow..... :shakehead:
                *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
                *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
                *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

Well I guess Cutler isn't a journeyman QB, he just plain sucks.
                  :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
                  sigpic

Comment

lol seriously he can make McCown, Gannon, Grabac, and Mitchell look good but not Cutler
                    Originally posted by baphamet
                    are you talking career or right now? because i don't see how you can say manning is top 5 even healthy.dude will never be a top 5 QB again, he is done.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beagle View Post
                      lol seriously he can make McCown, Gannon, Grabac, and Mitchell look good but not Cutler
                      Not Lombardi can make Cutler look good. Dude is just a bum whom has no idea what jersey he's suppose to be throwing the ball to. Everybody is a teammate when Cutler is on the field...if I was on the Bears OL I'd let him get sacked on purpose.
                      sigpic
                      Adopted Broncos:
                      EmmanuelSanders

Comment

• Man you guys look good tonight.

:lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
                        sigpic

Comment

Cutler is not a journeyman!

He is more like a travel agent for headcoaches and OC's!

Ps.
                          Maybe the Jets should try to lure him there - he seems to hav a great completion percentage to people in Green jerseys..

Comment

• I said it the year we traded cutler, he's Jeff George 2.0
                            A healthy Kenneth Dixon is a top 5 NFL RB.

Comment

• Originally posted by crash123go View Post
                              I said it the year we traded cutler, he's Jeff George 2.0
                              What took you so long?

I asked the question yesterday: I wonder if Buffalo would be willing to trade Kyle Orton for Jay Cutler straight up?

Comment

• Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post
                                What took you so long?

I asked the question yesterday: I wonder if Buffalo would be willing to trade Kyle Orton for Jay Cutler straight up?
                                think cutler is untradeable after signing his extension in the offseason?

biggest difference this year is the bears no longer have a dominant defense.
                                Glen Haven Fire

Comment

Working...
                                X