• Show
Clear All

• Houshmazode
    replied
    Cutler sucks! LOL!

Leave a comment:

• Joshecalpoly
    replied
    [QUOTE=Chitown;5000530]You obviously don't know what you are talking about. Broncos had the third best o-line this year. Cutler played with the worst o-line and worst receivers in the league and had horrible play calling with Mike Tice, Mike Martz and Ron Turner. I don't think you really get what that means. Romo has been surrounded by weapons his entire time in Dallas and in the same system. Rodgers has never been more pressured than Cutler has. Ever. Seriously, go look it up.

Your 45% stat is a joke as well. Basically, The Bears record is 39 - 26 (65 games) with Cutler at QB. That means Cutler has taken them out of 29 games (45% of 65). If the defense won 20% of the 29 that Cutler has taken them out of their record would be 41-24. But it's not it's 39-26. So, based on the stats you have given, the defense has won three games for the Bears that they would not have won since 2009 with Cutler at quarterback. Three games.

You can have your Orton stats all you want. I'd rather have the guy that hit Hester with a 20 yard bullet right in the chest that he drops on a 3rd and 8 then a check down Charlie that hits his full back for a two yard gain on the same play. Statistically it's better what Orton did but at least Cutler gave the team a chance.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/te...sition/defense

Bears total defense : 30th
    Bears Rush defense : 32nd (and 31st isn't close)
    Points scored against : 31st (2 points from 32nd, so close)

Thanks defense for the three wins over the last five years. I guess it is Cutler wasting Marshall's ability.[/QUOTE]
    Could not of said it better myself. Truth is without the D creating turnovers and getting Cutler back in the game after his many stupid mistakes he cant win.

PS i said 3 extra wins that Cutler made near losses

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
    Sounds like what happens for Tom Brady as well, no?
    Probably.....of course there is one difference. Brady's pretty darn good.

Leave a comment:

• broncoslover115
    replied
    Originally posted by CanDB View Post
    Shhhhhhhhhhhh.....now you have given some of their fans an excuse for Jay. Remember, for some it's never about what Jay does wrong.....it's always, always about the guys around him.
    Sounds like what happens for Tom Brady as well, no?

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Originally posted by armedequation View Post
    think cutler is untradeable after signing his extension in the offseason?

biggest difference this year is the bears no longer have a dominant defense.
    Shhhhhhhhhhhh.....now you have given some of their fans an excuse for Jay. Remember, for some it's never about what Jay does wrong.....it's always, always about the guys around him.

Leave a comment:

• armedequation
    replied
    Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post
    What took you so long?

I asked the question yesterday: I wonder if Buffalo would be willing to trade Kyle Orton for Jay Cutler straight up?
    think cutler is untradeable after signing his extension in the offseason?

biggest difference this year is the bears no longer have a dominant defense.

Leave a comment:

• Spice 1
    replied
    Originally posted by crash123go View Post
    I said it the year we traded cutler, he's Jeff George 2.0
    What took you so long?

I asked the question yesterday: I wonder if Buffalo would be willing to trade Kyle Orton for Jay Cutler straight up?

Leave a comment:

• crash123go
    replied
    I said it the year we traded cutler, he's Jeff George 2.0

Leave a comment:

• BroncoFanDK
    replied
    Originally posted by Houshmazode View Post
    Well I guess Cutler isn't a journeyman QB, he just plain sucks.
    Cutler is not a journeyman!

He is more like a travel agent for headcoaches and OC's!

Ps.
    Maybe the Jets should try to lure him there - he seems to hav a great completion percentage to people in Green jerseys..

Leave a comment:

• Houshmazode
    replied
    Man you guys look good tonight.

Leave a comment:

• InsaneBlaze23
    replied
    Originally posted by Beagle View Post
    lol seriously he can make McCown, Gannon, Grabac, and Mitchell look good but not Cutler
    Not Lombardi can make Cutler look good. Dude is just a bum whom has no idea what jersey he's suppose to be throwing the ball to. Everybody is a teammate when Cutler is on the field...if I was on the Bears OL I'd let him get sacked on purpose.

Leave a comment:

• Beagle
    replied
    Originally posted by Houshmazode View Post
    lol seriously he can make McCown, Gannon, Grabac, and Mitchell look good but not Cutler

Leave a comment:

• Houshmazode
    replied
    Originally posted by bears6385 View Post
    Trestman is the QB whisperer because of his work with journeyman QB's like McCown, Gannon, Grabac, and Mitchell. Everyone of those QB's either had a career year as a starter or backup under Trestman.

This time last year that's what everyone said about Josh McCown. Hell he was a street free agent coaching HS football before he got Trestman's call.

Leave a comment:

• ebsoria
    replied
    Originally posted by baphamet View Post
    really starting to like Marshall a lot now. he is pretty under-rated because of his metal issues he had had in the past. easily a top 3 -5 elite receiver in my opinion.

other than his rookie year, hes never had less than 81 catches and 1000 yards receiving in a year regardless of who is throwing him the ball.

i'm so glad he isn't in Denver anymore, how scary would that be to have manning throwing him the rock?

Low blow, baph. Low blow..... :shakehead:

Leave a comment:

• Chitown
    replied
    Originally posted by Joshecalpoly View Post
    McDaniels had a similar rep that does not mean anything.

You do realize statistically hes not much better then he was in denver but his D has gotten more turnovers and allowed fewer points? Hes taken the team out of 45% of the games on average, but of those games your D wins about 20% of them. Hes a great QB who makes very stupid mistakes and has a tendency to blame others. I find it odd that Orton looked better in both systems statistically the reason for that was because he didnt turn the ball over, but we still had a lousy D (in fact we devolved even more).

Of the QB's that are regularly considered in top 16 Romo and Cutler are the only ones with a consistent bottom of the league in redzone conversion and TD-INT differential and for a good reason they have less playoff experience. You can blame the O-line all you want but Manning had a terrible O-line this year Rodgers has actually been under pressure more frequently then Cutler has in every year. You can blame the receiving corps but even with Marshall those numbers havent really improved in the top 16. He still hampers his team as much as he helps hes still a double edge sword and Marshalls ability is wasted on Cutler if he consistently underestimates defenders and throws the ball into traffic
    You obviously don't know what you are talking about. Broncos had the third best o-line this year. Cutler played with the worst o-line and worst receivers in the league and had horrible play calling with Mike Tice, Mike Martz and Ron Turner. I don't think you really get what that means. Romo has been surrounded by weapons his entire time in Dallas and in the same system. Rodgers has never been more pressured than Cutler has. Ever. Seriously, go look it up.

Your 45% stat is a joke as well. Basically, The Bears record is 39 - 26 (65 games) with Cutler at QB. That means Cutler has taken them out of 29 games (45% of 65). If the defense won 20% of the 29 that Cutler has taken them out of their record would be 41-24. But it's not it's 39-26. So, based on the stats you have given, the defense has won three games for the Bears that they would not have won since 2009 with Cutler at quarterback. Three games.

You can have your Orton stats all you want. I'd rather have the guy that hit Hester with a 20 yard bullet right in the chest that he drops on a 3rd and 8 then a check down Charlie that hits his full back for a two yard gain on the same play. Statistically it's better what Orton did but at least Cutler gave the team a chance.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/te...sition/defense

Bears total defense : 30th
    Bears Rush defense : 32nd (and 31st isn't close)
    Points scored against : 31st (2 points from 32nd, so close)

Thanks defense for the three wins over the last five years. I guess it is Cutler wasting Marshall's ability.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X