Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

THIS is what a locker room distraction looks like.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• THIS is what a locker room distraction looks like.

Immediately after the Jets trade for TT he is complaining - threatening a hissy fit. Even Quinn didn't do that.

TT always had a "Whatever I can do to help." mentality and Quinn was sorta quiet. Stanton is a boob.

http://blogs.nfl.com/2012/03/21/stan...headline_stack

Jets backup QB Drew Stanton is considering asking for a trade or release, according to a league source.

Only a week ago, Jets general manager Mike Tannenbaum recruited Stanton to New York to be the Jets’ No. 2 quarterback behind starter Mark Sanchez. Now, with Tim Tebow in town after Wednesday’s trade with the Broncos, sources said those close to Stanton feel lied to and betrayed.

Stanton turned down the chance to explore two other options and also took less money to go to New York because Tannenbaum was unequivocal that the QB was being brought in to be the No. 2 and the team wouldn’t draft or sign any other QBs. Sources also said Tannenbaum acknowledged Stanton, who performed well in occasional relief in Detroit, likely could earn more elsewhere.

Given Sanchez’s struggles and New York’s success over the past few years, Stanton took a $1.75 million deal from the Jets, based on opportunity and fit. With Tebow in tow, that has changed, and discussions between Stanton and the Jets are expected in the coming days.

Given the questions of team chemistry and cohesion the Jets will face, an issue with the No. 3 QB is somewhat minor on the grand scale, but it’s indicative of some of the fallout for this bold move for Tebow.
    Let's get this done, Manning.

Now, how about some young, breakout talent? Sure, being great next year would be awesome. Call me greedy, but I want to be great for TEN years.

I would too. Especially if I knew there was no shot I was going to play, even though I'm a better quarterback.

Comment

Comparing him to Quinn isn't accurate. Quinn didn't get to choose his team like Stanton did, we traded for him. When Stanton signed he was promised the #2 job...a week later they give it to Tebow.

I don't fault Stanton at all, I would be glad to have him if he gets released.

Comment

Originally posted by Den615 View Post
        Comparing him to Quinn isn't accurate. Quinn didn't get to choose his team like Stanton did, we traded for him. When Stanton signed he was promised the #2 job...a week later they give it to Tebow.

So... simply saying "THIS IS THE NFL, BUDDY." like people are saying to/about Tebow-ites, doesn't apply across the NFL? Only to Timmy?
        Let's get this done, Manning.

Now, how about some young, breakout talent? Sure, being great next year would be awesome. Call me greedy, but I want to be great for TEN years.

Comment

Originally posted by hijinx View Post
          Immediately after the Jets trade for TT he is complaining - threatening a hissy fit. Even Quinn didn't do that.

TT always had a "Whatever I can do to help." mentality and Quinn was sorta quiet. Stanton is a boob.

http://blogs.nfl.com/2012/03/21/stan...headline_stack
          Stanton signed his contract with the Jets on Friday with the understanding that he would be the backup to Sanchez, knowing that he would probably get a shot to start if Sanchez decided to go all Sanchez and suck for a four-game stretch during the middle of the season. The Tebow signing pulled the rug out from underneath Stanton. He wants a fair opportunity, and he knows he's not going to get it in New York. It's not that difficult to understand the logic behind his displeasure with recent events.

The Jets will probably release him. There are plenty of teams out there that could use a decent backup, and Stanton is certainly not the worst backup out there.
          HEAR ME ROAR!
          sigpic
          Thanks to Freyaka for the great sig!

Comment

Skip Bayless has already started his antics too. It's coming New York ... "it's a comin' and hells comin' with me..."

Comment

I would too knowing a less talented QB than I was getting PT
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by hijinx View Post
                So... simply saying "THIS IS THE NFL, BUDDY." like people are saying to/about Tebow-ites, doesn't apply across the NFL? Only to Timmy?
                Originally posted by WhoDeyBengals View Post
                Stanton signed his contract with the Jets on Friday with the understanding that he would be the backup to Sanchez, knowing that he would probably get a shot to start if Sanchez decided to go all Sanchez and suck for a four-game stretch during the middle of the season. The Tebow signing pulled the rug out from underneath Stanton. He wants a fair opportunity, and he knows he's not going to get it in New York. It's not that difficult to understand the logic behind his displeasure with recent events.

The Jets will probably release him. There are plenty of teams out there that could use a decent backup, and Stanton is certainly not the worst backup out there.
                Hijinx it's a completely different situation. That being said it is the NFL and Stanton will have to get over it cause no one is gonna feel bad for him.

I agree with you WhoDey that its a low thing to do, but in the Jets defense they probably did not have any thought of getting Tebow when that promise was made. If they like Tebow more now that he is there (which it appears they do) then while its kind of a crappy situation for Stanton it is what it is and he is gonna have to deal with it.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jonathanrivers View Post
                  I would too. Especially if I knew there was no shot I was going to play, even though I'm a better quarterback.
                  Originally posted by Den615 View Post

Originally posted by Atwnbroncfan View Post
                  I would too knowing a less talented QB than I was getting PT
                  Sorry guys, i missed the announcement, when did the Jets declare their starter, and 2nd and 3rd string QB's for this season?
                  I really like Cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by darth-hideous View Post
                    Sorry guys, i missed the announcement, when did the Jets declare their starter, and 2nd and 3rd string QB's for this season?
                    Today.

Jets say Sanchez is the starter, Tebow is the backup.

Also, the Jets promised Stanton that they would not pick up another quarterback. They lied to him.

This reading thing I do, it seems to help me make better arguments.
                    HEAR ME ROAR!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by WhoDeyBengals View Post
                      Today.

Jets say Sanchez is the starter, Tebow is the backup.

Also, the Jets promised Stanton that they would not pick up another quarterback. They lied to him.

This reading thing I do, it seems to help me make better arguments.
                      That's not how we do things here. You're supposed to talk out of your ass first, then comb for useless facts on the internet, hoping support your statement. That's how we roll.
                      sigpic

Adopted Posters:
                      Broncbeat - 80stheman - kmcgough25 - InsaneBlaze 23
                      Adopted By:
                      Broncoholic JS & 80stheman
                      Broncbeat

Comment

Originally posted by Thors Hammer View Post
                        That's not how we do things here. You're supposed to talk out of your ass first, then comb for useless facts on the internet, hoping support your statement. That's how we roll.

HEAR ME ROAR!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Thors Hammer View Post
                          Considering most Timmy fans have been since Denver drafted him! :thumb:

Beware of the Minjas!!!

R.I.P. D-Will and D-Nash. You will be missed.

Comment

wah, boo hoo. just another Michigan native crybaby wussy. sometimes life hands ya lemons, instead of crying because it's sour, make some lemonade and run with it. Things happen for a reason, sometimes we just don't understand them when they do happen.

a friend of mine once told me, handle your business, don't let it handle you. he's absolutely right.
                            Super Bowl XXXII, XXXIII & 50 Champs

Comment

it's funny how everyone seems to lie where tim is involved lol
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X