Saints oh boy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saints oh boy

The saints bounty system seems crazy. Football is not about hurting someone.
    Its about scoring and winning. I can't pay someone to go out and hurt someone thats breaking the law. How is this not? Oh ya Smack your team is done come on...one guys going to get banned for life I bet..and everyone else 5 games or more
    sigpic

i dont rreally think its all that much as the league is making it

unless it was a dirty play

other than that...if im a linbacker, or de...and i get warner in my sights and the chance to level him....im gonna level him regardless of a token payment...your taught that from peeweee league

defense has always been about knocking the snot outta the other team

and i think people like warren sapp who is preaching about it should take a look back at his own cheap shots...remember chad clifton? and the totaly cheap shot by sapp

if im a safety and i catch a wr exposed ribs ...im gonna hit him as hard as i can...thats how the game is played...regardless of a token payment

why does everyone think these saint guys were deliberatly taking dirty shots?....i mean the bounty as it was wouldnt even cover the fine by the league for a dirty hit

sure the term bounty is bad....but i dont think the actions warrent the name....we see pregame speaches every week where guys like r lewis are telling the team.,,, to go out there and knock somebody out!!....bust somebody in the nose...if they win they get a day off...or no shells...some sort of reward

but are they really wanting players to be hurt?....no
    sigpic
    when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

Originally posted by Firstwave64 View Post
      The saints bounty system seems crazy. Football is not about hurting someone.
      Its about scoring and winning. I can't pay someone to go out and hurt someone thats breaking the law. How is this not? Oh ya Smack your team is done come on...one guys going to get banned for life I bet..and everyone else 5 games or more
      theres not one safety in the league that will not take a free shot on a wide reciever comeing across the middle

there is not one DE or olb that given the chance to level a qb dropping back from the blind side will just hold up and say...i touched you plays dead

now think doom on brady last season...he had that shot...and decleated tom brady.....now if the story was the broncos had a bounty....you think that play was a bounty shot?....no he just had a chance to do what hes been taught his whole career
      sigpic
      when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

it's basically criminal because there was not only pay for attempted injury, but it was endorsed by high up members of an organization

it's pretty damn disgusting
        sigpic

Comment

In related news; Saints fans are talking about boycotting the NFL, Dish Network and various sponsors because of the perceived undue hardship caused them by the punishment.

Their fans aren't owning up to what the team did. They are being pathetic about it. I could never be so unconscionable to defend my team for such things.

It's too bad so many of them know how to swim.
          sigpic
          Rogue Colts Fan

Comment

There are "bounty systems in place at every level of football people. popwarner -stickers for tackles skull and cross bones for snot bubble shots. all the way up to the pros. every teams has a "bounty system" In the nfl its just big dollars
            Originally posted by baphamet
            are you talking career or right now? because i don't see how you can say manning is top 5 even healthy.dude will never be a top 5 QB again, he is done.

Comment

They deserve what they got. NFL had no choice but to lay down the law. All these law suites going on.

Comment

Working...
              X