Ranking AFC West receivers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ranking AFC West receivers

1. Dwayne Bowe, Kansas City: With Jackson gone, Bowe, who received the franchise tag by the Chiefs this offseason, is the clear top receiver in the division.

2. Malcom Floyd, San Diego: Floyd is good, but he probably wouldn’t be ranked this high in most divisions. If he can stay healthy, he can be a star.

3. Darrius Heyward-Bey, Oakland: I have a lot of respect for Heyward-Bey for taking a big step during the 2011 season. He still is not perfect and he has to prove he can be a consistent player, but he has a chance.

4. Demaryius Thomas, Denver: I bet Thomas will be ranked at least No. 2 on this list next year. The sky is the limit.

5. Eric Decker, Denver: Peyton Manning is already talking him up. You know what that means -- lots of catches.

6. Denarius Moore, Oakland: Moore showed flashes as a rookie and he has star potential. He will be given a chance to shine.

7. Robert Meachem, San Diego: Meachem is not as good as Jackson was, but he fits the Chargers’ vertical offense and he will make his presence felt.

8. Jon Baldwin, Kansas City: Baldwin has large potential and he easily could be in the top three on this list next year. He has to show he’s ready for the challenge.

9. Jacoby Ford, Oakland: I’m a big Ford fan, but his health and the presence of Heyward-Bey and Moore may make him a third option.

10. Vincent Brown, San Diego: The Chargers love this kid. Expect nice, big numbers this year.
    http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post...west-receivers

i remember a little while back i got flamed to high heaven for saying floyd is a good legit #2 receiver when healthy, it seems i am not the only one.

i actually think this is a pretty decent list, even though there isn't a lot of good receivers in the division anymore.
    sigpic

Not bad cant argue with bowe at 1. I think dt can be #1 when its all said and done.

Comment

Can't really argue with that list
      sigpic
      photo by my GF...http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]

Comment

so you guys agree that right now floyd is better than decker and thomas?

weird, i didn't get that from too many broncos fans here not long ago.
        sigpic

Comment

Floyd has a better resume than both right now, but I have a feeling that will change by seasons end with 18 throwing to them. So no, I have no problem with that ranking right now.

Darius Heyward-Suck being ranked above them is laughable though. By seasons end the person who made that list will be embarrassed by that...

Comment

Heyward-Bey isn't exactly, ah, a receiver with a lot of previous success..

Comment

To me, this list was written with an eye on last year. With Peyton Manning entering the division things changed big time. There are going to be a lot more shootouts this year. Carson Palmer will have had time to settle in rather than being thrust into the fire, and Matt Cassel will be fighting for his life. Rivers will be fighting for Norv's life.

I just can't get behind this list at all because I can see the top spots going just as easily to 5,7,1,6.

I wouldn't say that there are few good receivers in this division Baph. I would say that there are a lot of up and comers though. I think KC is the only team with a solid idea of who their #1 receiver is, for everyone else that spot gets filled as the year goes on so it would be interesting to see this thread again at the end of the year.

PS. Meachem concerns me, I just can't help but feel like it will be boom or bust with him and very little between.

Originally posted by SoundsOfSuccess View Post
              Heyward-Bey isn't exactly, ah, a receiver with a lot of previous success..
              How did you do in that GM draft game?
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by baphamet View Post
                so you guys agree that right now floyd is better than decker and thomas?

weird, i didn't get that from too many broncos fans here not long ago.
                Right now, yes, he's proven more, by the end of the season, both Thomas and Decker could jump him.

DHB at 3 though?

Comment

Originally posted by Puddleglum View Post
                  To me, this list was written with an eye on last year. With Peyton Manning entering the division things changed big time. There are going to be a lot more shootouts this year. Carson Palmer will have had time to settle in rather than being thrust into the fire, and Matt Cassel will be fighting for his life. Rivers will be fighting for Norv's life.

I just can't get behind this list at all because I can see the top spots going just as easily to 5,7,1,6.

I wouldn't say that there are few good receivers in this division Baph. I would say that there are a lot of up and comers though. I think KC is the only team with a solid idea of who their #1 receiver is, for everyone else that spot gets filled as the year goes on so it would be interesting to see this thread again at the end of the year.

PS. Meachem concerns me, I just can't help but feel like it will be boom or bust with him and very little between.

How did you do in that GM draft game?
                  there are up and comers for sure but right now the talent in the division isn't what it used to be with 3 out of the 4 teams in the division having probowl caliber #1 receivers on their team.

now only KC has that and bowe isn't even all that great compared to most probowlers around the league.

just sayin

also, i don't think this list should have been made based on what "might" happen this year with your points about palmer and manning.

just because you are improved at QB doesn't mean your receivers will get open and make a lot of plays. its a wait and see deal, even though i agree it is likely that receivers on both the raiders and broncos will see their production rise, especially the broncos.

i also think Vincent brown might go off this year as well.
                  sigpic

Comment

This list really isn't that bad except for number 3. I don't even think he is the best WR on their team lol.

But I agree with a lot here that those rankings will probably drastically change by year's end. But as they are now they look pretty good if you eliminate number 3 lol.

Adopted Broncos:
                    (2011-2013) Eric Decker
                    (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
                    (2019-Current) Drew Lock
                    Adopted posters:
                    Everyone

Comment

Can't really disagree with the list outside the fact that in my opinion Darrius Heyward-Bey shouldn't be ranked above Decker or Thomas.

People seem to think their worst, but neither have had a decent QB throw them the ball.
                      sigpic
                      Adopted Broncos:
                      EmmanuelSanders

Comment

DT came on towards the end of the season and had that huge playoff game. He was unlikely to have a big stats year with Tebow as QB.

I think if you offered DT in a straight trade for Floyd, or DHB, you may get some SD / Oak fans accept

Comment

Heyward-Bey #3.. stopped reading

Comment

Its decent until you see Heyward Bey at 3, DT and Decker are better then him.

But i think by the end of the year DT will be the best WR in the division and Decker in the top 3
                            sigpic

Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake.

Comment

Also i would have DT and Floyd as 2a and 2b
                              sigpic

Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake.

Comment

Working...
                              X