This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Canmore View Post
    I was making fun of Nordstrom. I'm waiting to see the guy play. This is the Talkin Smack forum last time I checked.
    it is indeed, i was making fun of beagle for the same reason(not that making fun of him is really a challenge anymore) and you seemed to agree with him.

i do agree that we need to wait and see, saying he is better than miller before playing a snap in a game that counts is just as dumb as saying clady will do this or that to him before he has played a snap in a game that counts.

especially considering that clady isn't even that good lol

Comment

• Originally posted by baphamet View Post
      it is indeed, i was making fun of beagle for the same reason(not that making fun of him is really a challenge anymore) and you seemed to agree with him.

i do agree that we need to wait and see, saying he is better than miller before playing a snap in a game that counts is just as dumb as saying clady will do this or that to him before he has played a snap in a game that counts.

I felt the preseason accolades for Ingram are way over the top. That is my reference to Canton.

Yes, the preseason hype is a bit much.

I feel Clady will return to his pre injury form and be an All Pro. Yes that is what I said. Time will tell.
      sigpic

Adopted Bronco: Von Miller

Comment

this is your classic case of a biased donkey fan formulating his opinion strictly by looking at the stat sheet. again, yes its just pre-season but to those of you saying he didn't look impressive clearly didn't see the game, even if it was against a FA.

if you are going to use the excuse that is was against a FA, why make the argument that he didn't look good? Ingram did exactly what we need him to do in his first pre-season game, it was because of him that Rodgers threw that pick.

that is better than a sack.
        i seen the game....who was he going up against ?...a Lt with one freaking start in his 5 yr career?..and were supposed to be all worried cause melvin got some pressure a couple times...we are suposed to crown him the next greatest pass rusher ever because he got pressure on a couple plays against a nobody?

lol
        sigpic
        when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

• Just for the record

Elvis has a 6' 6" wing span once again ignorant of the facts.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/1...r-quarterbacks

now quit trying to put baby arms in the hof after a preseason game vs a scrub and why you even try to compare him with Dumervil is laughable
          Last edited by Beagle; 08-16-2012, 10:23 AM.
          Originally posted by baphamet
          are you talking career or right now? because i don't see how you can say manning is top 5 even healthy.dude will never be a top 5 QB again, he is done.

Comment

• Originally posted by arapaho View Post
            i seen the game....who was he going up against ?...a Lt with one freaking start in his 5 yr career?..and were supposed to be all worried cause melvin got some pressure a couple times...we are suposed to crown him the next greatest pass rusher ever because he got pressure on a couple plays against a nobody?

lol
            no you are not supposed to be worried but to reference his stats alone as if he didn't do well (even considering who it was against) is pretty ignorant.

the dude did what he was supposed to do, not his fault who he had to go against.

my point was just because he didn't have a lot of tackles or any sacks does not mean he wasn't in the QB's face causing problems, which is exactly what we need.

Comment

this is your classic case of a biased donkey fan formulating his opinion strictly by looking at the stat sheet. again, yes its just pre-season but to those of you saying he didn't look impressive clearly didn't see the game, even if it was against a FA.

if you are going to use the excuse that is was against a FA, why make the argument that he didn't look good? Ingram did exactly what we need him to do in his first pre-season game, it was because of him that Rodgers threw that pick.

that is better than a sack.
              He looked pretty good going up against a guy who won't even make the Packers roster...

Comment

and if he doesn't? we all know you wont come here to eat your crow. clady is over-rated anyways.
                Overrated as in what exactly?

Comment

Clady is one of the top OT's in the league. With Manning who has a quick release, he should get back to good form.

Isn't that good as in what baph?

Not to mention the past few years he had to block for Orton who took a lot of sacks, and Tebow who held onto the ball way, way too long.

Comment

no you are not supposed to be worried but to reference his stats alone as if he didn't do well (even considering who it was against) is pretty ignorant.

the dude did what he was supposed to do, not his fault who he had to go against.

my point was just because he didn't have a lot of tackles or any sacks does not mean he wasn't in the QB's face causing problems, which is exactly what we need.
                    and my point is...i was responding to a idiotic post insinuating elway is extremely worried after seeing melvin...lol...once again why? because he had two tackles and got pressure a couple times against a nobody

you following yet?
                    sigpic
                    when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

• I remember when I had my first beer.
                      sigpic

@BlueNOrangeFTW

Comment

• Originally posted by BluenOrnge4Life View Post
                        I remember when I had my first beer.
                        I remember when I heard my first cliche.
                        SHOCKED by Donktown disdain toward TEBOW. He saved your 2011.

Comment

• Ahhh Great Block!

Comment

• Comment

you do realize that his arms are less than an inch shorter than elvis', right?
                              You do realize Melvin has smaller arms than a guy that's 3 inches shorter than he is right?

lol

It's about leverage, not arm length exclusively. We're talking football, not boxing. Melvin has stubby arms for his size, and therefore will have issues with leverage battles, shedding blocks etc. One of the advantages with Elvis is that his arms are exceptionally long for his frame, which has a low center of gravity when compared to big tall OTs , and he's able to use that to his advantage.

Melvins stubby ass arms can and will be a problem. It is important for Dlinemen to have long arms and a good amount of length on their frame. If used with proper leverage and pad level, length produces strength. The most important attribute that goes into a good frame and good length for a defensive lineman is arm length. Melvin doesn't have it. At all. With short arms, he will have a more difficult time in hand battles with OLinemen. They'll find it easier to get their hand into his breast plate and otherwise produce punches that meet with solid contact,compared to say, Elvis.

This can and will be a serious problem if the Chargers plan to have his primary role be as a front-line player working in the trenches. It will not just affect his pass rush, but his ability to defend the run too.
                              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by kishzilla View Post
                                You do realize Melvin has smaller arms than a guy that's 3 inches shorter than he is right?

lol

It's about leverage, not arm length exclusively. We're talking football, not boxing. Melvin has stubby arms for his size, and therefore will have issues with leverage battles, shedding blocks etc. One of the advantages with Elvis is that his arms are exceptionally long for his frame, which has a low center of gravity when compared to big tall OTs , and he's able to use that to his advantage.

Melvins stubby ass arms can and will be a problem. It is important for Dlinemen to have long arms and a good amount of length on their frame. If used with proper leverage and pad level, length produces strength. The most important attribute that goes into a good frame and good length for a defensive lineman is arm length. Melvin doesn't have it. At all. With short arms, he will have a more difficult time in hand battles with OLinemen. They'll find it easier to get their hand into his breast plate and otherwise produce punches that meet with solid contact,compared to say, Elvis.

This can and will be a serious problem if the Chargers plan to have his primary role be as a front-line player working in the trenches. It will not just affect his pass rush, but his ability to defend the run too.
                                Tamba Hali has shorter arms than Ingram. Please Respond.
                                SHOCKED by Donktown disdain toward TEBOW. He saved your 2011.

Comment

Working...
                                X