This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Nordstrom View Post
    Tamba Hali has shorter arms than Ingram. Please Respond.

Ingram < Tamba Hali

Comment

So since Drew Brees is short does that mean all short QBs are going to succeed? No some people manage to succeed despite some disadvantages.

Comment

I remember when I heard my first cliche.
        That's the best comeback you've got? More pathetic than this ridiculous thread.
        sigpic

@BlueNOrangeFTW

Comment

• Originally posted by Denver Mike View Post
          Ingram < Tamba Hali
          Wrong! Did you see the way Ingram put pressure on Aaron Rodgers the other night? Unheard of!

Comment

• Originally posted by Yakka27 View Post
            Wrong! Did you see the way Ingram put pressure on Aaron Rodgers the other night? Unheard of!
            Oh I've heard of it alright.. His name is Von Miller

Comment

• Originally posted by Yakka27 View Post
              So since Drew Brees is short does that mean all short QBs are going to succeed? No some people manage to succeed despite some disadvantages.
              So you agree with me. I win. Although I dont consider Melvin's arms as much as a disadvantage as you do, especially when you take in account Ingram's instinct and athletic ability.

lol at the obscure Brees reference.
              SHOCKED by Donktown disdain toward TEBOW. He saved your 2011.

Comment

• Originally posted by Denver Mike View Post
                Ingram < Tamba Hali
                Slightly possible. Hali is a boss.
                SHOCKED by Donktown disdain toward TEBOW. He saved your 2011.

Comment

slightly..lol
                  Hali is a beast!

His story is a great one!
                  Tony G

The Chefs

Comment

LOL, slightly.....

Comment

I'd say you are completely ignorant and foolish. Then show you this:

Hali's arms............
                      http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/p...torical/412000
                      ...Has the long arms needed to reach out, lock on and get a piece of the ballcarriers when chasing along the perimeter.

...With his long arm length

33 3/8-inch arm length

And at Ingram's Pro Day, his arms measured at 29.7.................

But regardless, I don't need a measuring tape to tell me that this man is shaped like a T-rex:

That last one is my fave lol

And lets just say your erroneous and completely fabricated made up BS of Hali's arms being smaller than Ingram's is right......

What does one guy prove? So because Hali is decent all of the sudden that makes Ingram good???? lol It would be the exception to the rule if anything. For every guy that has made it with Vienna sausages for arms there are 1000's that didn't.

Ingram couldn't beat up college LTs on a regular basis, so expecting a revelation in that area is pretty much retarded...

Not that I expected different.

Please respond
                      Last edited by kishzilla; 08-16-2012, 11:19 PM.
                      sigpic

Comment

• To be honest guys, I think we've established that Melvin Ingram is pretty average/irrelevant.

However, the Melvins are pretty awesome.

They're especially awesome live with their two drum setup. Any other fans?
                        Last edited by muse; 08-17-2012, 12:26 AM.
                        sigpic

Elvon Millervil eat grues for breakfast.

Pey-Pey to Bey-Bey for the Tey-Dey.

Comment

• Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
                          Clady is one of the top OT's in the league. With Manning who has a quick release, he should get back to good form.

Isn't that good as in what baph?

Not to mention the past few years he had to block for Orton who took a lot of sacks, and Tebow who held onto the ball way, way too long.
                          no he isn't one of the top tackles in the game

ever since he got injured he has not been anywhere near as dominant as he was, yet homers still insist he is still one of the best in the game lol

last year Clady allowed a career-high nine sacks and was penalized 12 times. Since allowing just a half-sack as a rookie, Clady has given up 24.5 sacks over the past three years.

you cant blame all of that on the QB's lol

well unless you are a blind delusional homer of course.

Comment

• Originally posted by muse View Post
                            To be honest guys, I think we've established that Melvin Ingram is pretty average/irrelevant.

However, the Melvins are pretty awesome.

They're especially awesome live with their two drum setup. Any other fans?
                            another dumb statement, are you guys trying to out dumb the OP or what?

Comment

• Originally posted by arapaho View Post
                              and my point is...i was responding to a idiotic post insinuating elway is extremely worried after seeing melvin...lol...once again why? because he had two tackles and got pressure a couple times against a nobody

you following yet?
                              i think those stats are irrelevant because he was actually quite disruptive and still did what we needed him to do.

even if he had 2 sacks and a FF would it make any difference? no but referencing his stats from his first pre-season game, trying to imply he didn't play well, is quite ignorant if you actually watched him in that game.

you following yet?

Comment

• Originally posted by kishzilla View Post
                                You do realize Melvin has smaller arms than a guy that's 3 inches shorter than he is right?

lol

It's about leverage, not arm length exclusively. We're talking football, not boxing. Melvin has stubby arms for his size, and therefore will have issues with leverage battles, shedding blocks etc. One of the advantages with Elvis is that his arms are exceptionally long for his frame, which has a low center of gravity when compared to big tall OTs , and he's able to use that to his advantage.

Melvins stubby ass arms can and will be a problem.
                                It is important for Dlinemen to have long arms and a good amount of length on their frame. If used with proper leverage and pad level, length produces strength. The most important attribute that goes into a good frame and good length for a defensive lineman is arm length. Melvin doesn't have it. At all. With short arms, he will have a more difficult time in hand battles with OLinemen. They'll find it easier to get their hand into his breast plate and otherwise produce punches that meet with solid contact,compared to say, Elvis.

This can and will be a serious problem if the Chargers plan to have his primary role be as a front-line player working in the trenches. It will not just affect his pass rush, but his ability to defend the run too.
                                noted.....

Comment

Working...
                                X