Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Melvin Ingram > Von Miller

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Thors Hammer View Post
    This.

    He put pressure on the QB from both sides of the defense against the Packers, and I think he even blitzed from the inside on a play or two. The fact that he's versatile enough to play multiple LB positions may be his greatest asset.


    I think its silly to say Ingram is better than Miller at this point, all speculation.

    But to his credit I would say Melvin is and will be the more versatile player. He can stand up and cover a TE, he can turn the corner on an OT, and he's big enough and strong enough to line up at DT on 3rd downs and create some inside pressure allowing the Chargers to put Phillips and Barnes on the edges.

    I can only imagine if the Broncos had traded to 17 ahead of the Chargers and drafted Ingram. He'd basically play the same exact role he did at South Carolina, and opposite Miller and Doom...wow that'd be terrifying.
    Last edited by HoorayBeer!; 08-18-2012, 10:28 AM.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by kishzilla View Post

      Ingram is a a natural athlete, smart and competitive. What happened 3 years ago when you drafted one of those?

      Because I knew that he was raw, and I knew he needed work. You homers want me to think Ingram is going to have an instant impact. As bad as you thought I was, you goobs are crowning this dude D-rookie of the year already. Have you forgotten the thread you're posting in?

      I'm fine with taking a wait and see approach with Ingram, but I have my doubts. However, you wont see me pulling a Baphy and making declarative statements about the guy before he plays a full regular season like you did with Tebow. My posts have been nothing but a counter to the idiocy that is this thread lol
      What in the heavens are you blabbering about Now? Larry English? Are you trying to compare English's lack of production to your claim that Ingram will fail because he has short arms. English is actually pretty good, but he's never on the field due to injury. How does that relate to Ingram?

      Stop being so random and incoherent.
      SHOCKED by Donktown disdain toward TEBOW. He saved your 2011.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Nordstrom View Post
        Stop being so random and incoherent.
        From the guy who just said this:

        English is actually pretty good


        English is a bust. Ingram was brought in to hit the reset button at the position. Doesn't take a genius to draw a comparison to the situation. But I can see you're having trouble. Sorry, next time I'll speak more slowly.

        And I see you ignored the last post I made. Can't say I blame you.
        sigpic

        Comment


        • Maybe you should make another thread telling us how good Ryan Leaf actually was
          sigpic

          Comment


          • Originally posted by kishzilla View Post
            From the guy who just said this:





            English is a bust. Ingram was brought in to hit the reset button at the position. Doesn't take a genius to draw a comparison to the situation. But I can see you're having trouble. Sorry, next time I'll speak more slowly.

            And I see you ignored the last post I made. Can't say I blame you.
            English is pretty good-- just cant stay healthy. Many will agree with me. Still don't see how you relate that to Melvin's arm length. lol. You make no sense.

            I didn't respond to your last post because it was so stupid. Ingram's arms 1/2 inch shorter than Jared Allen's and Terrell Suggs... oh no better cut him lol
            SHOCKED by Donktown disdain toward TEBOW. He saved your 2011.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Nordstrom View Post
              English is pretty good-- just cant stay healthy. Many will agree with me. Still don't see how you relate that to Melvin's arm length. lol. You make no sense.

              I didn't respond to your last post because it was so stupid. Ingram's arms 1/2 inch shorter than Jared Allen's and Terrell Suggs... oh no better cut him lol


              My post was stupid?

              I have yet to see you post something in this thread with any semblance of reason. This entire thread's premise is stupid. Congratulations.

              And his arms aren't 1/2 inch shorter. They're over 2" shorter

              "Oh man, Melvins arms aren't even as long as a couple guys that have short arms. Let's crown him DROY" lol

              Talk about stupid.
              sigpic

              Comment


              • Originally posted by kishzilla View Post
                Most of his production came at defensive tackle. And according to this "expert":



                That's not how they plan on using him anyway. But what this "expert" is forgetting, is that one of the biggest issues with his team is the pass rush and 3rd down defense (worst in the league last year). They wanted Ingram to rush the passer. I'm dubious as to his ability to do that in the NFL. We'll have to see. You guys rotate LBs and my guess would be he's in on a lot of 3rd and long situations. But hey, what do I know. You're the "expert"
                you said he had no real production in college, that is a serious head scratcher right there. i noticed you said it in a previous post and i figured that is so ridiculous that you had to be talking about somebody else.

                nope, you were talking about Ingram

                also, who said i was an expert? i was clearly talking about the real experts who get paid for evaluating college players when entering the NFL.



                sure there is some question about his arm length (really the only knock on the guy) but i have yet to see any credible opinion anywhere close to the exaggerating you are doing.

                he wont be just playing LB either, dude is going to line up all over the place.

                He's had one big season in college and is probably going to be playing a position (outside linebacker) for you guys that he didn’t play much of as a Gamecock. He also missed his entire sophomore year due to injury.
                so it went from no production in college to only one big year? lol

                he actually had a pretty good junior year as well, not as good as his senior year but still good enough to finish 3rd in the sec in sacks. and you want to talk about an injury in his sophomore year when he came back and strung together back to back productive seasons? one of them earning him first team all American honors?

                you need to let that portion of your argument die, saying he wasn't productive in college is absolutely ridiculous.

                Ingram is a a natural athlete, smart and competitive. What happened 3 years ago when you drafted one of those?
                wait a second, are you comparing English to ingram? i am startling to think you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about and are running mouth just to run mouth.

                please do some research and learn the difference between two players who are not similar to each other in any way other than they are both listed as defensive ends. using that logic, didn't you guys already draft tebow? guess that means Osweiler is screwed lol


                Because I knew that he was raw, and I knew he needed work. You homers want me to think Ingram is going to have an instant impact. As bad as you thought I was, you goobs are crowning this dude D-rookie of the year already. Have you forgotten the thread you're posting in?
                whoa, slow down there turbo. i never said ingram will do a damn thing, i am just making fun of you for combating this stupid thread by making dumb statements yourself.

                don't feel bad, you are not the only one.



                I'm fine with taking a wait and see approach with Ingram, but I have my doubts. However, you wont see me pulling a Baphy and making declarative statements about the guy before he plays a full regular season like you did with Tebow. My posts have been nothing but a counter to the idiocy that is this thread lol
                tim tebow is literally the only player i have ever written off completely before playing a snap, i was that confident he would not be able to transition into a starting NFL QB.

                by the way, was i wrong? do you see me saying anything like that about any of your other players? predicting tebow would have the issues he has was not hard, its not like i was going out on a limb by saying it would be extremely difficult for any player to pull that off,

                ive seen many good college QB's like tebow not see the light of day in the NFL for good reason.

                i also never said he absolutely could not do it, i said i have my serious doubts (like you do of Ingram) and i didn't think he could do it.

                the difference is i actually had solid reasoning behind my opinion. all you got is his short arms and he wasn't productive in college lol

                one of those being a complete joke of a statement. that's like me saying tim tebow wasn't productive in college

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Thors Hammer View Post
                  This.

                  He put pressure on the QB from both sides of the defense against the Packers, and I think he even blitzed from the inside on a play or two. The fact that he's versatile enough to play multiple LB positions may be his greatest asset.
                  he will play some on the DL as well i am pretty sure.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Nordstrom View Post
                    English is pretty good-- just cant stay healthy. Many will agree with me. Still don't see how you relate that to Melvin's arm length. lol. You make no sense.

                    I didn't respond to your last post because it was so stupid. Ingram's arms 1/2 inch shorter than Jared Allen's and Terrell Suggs... oh no better cut him lol

                    I could not disagree more with the first statement. Larry English even when healthy has never shown a shred of pass rush talent, he is a one trick pony, and its a modest trick at best. I would argue heartily Ricky Elmore deserves a roster spot more than English this year, and maybe Daryl Gamble as well.



                    And to anyone trying to compare English to Ingram...BWAAHAHAHAHA seriously get a clue. Pass rush moves, instinct, versatility, strength, quickness, toughness, and simply the differences between playing in the SEC compared to the MAC...the two guys are not remotely comparable. English was 2nd round prospect we reached on, and Ingram a legit top 10.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by baphamet View Post
                      LOL we are going on circles man. my only issue with your post was your reasoning as to why elway shouldn't be worried, because melvin only had 2 tackles and no sacks.

                      my point is those stats are irreverent either way because they do not reflect his game performance in any way. i am not saying we should give the guy any credit at all for what he did in a pre-season game, regardless of who he went against.

                      and again, how can you say some other guy had a bigger impact or played better than melvin when melvin did exactly what we needed him to do?

                      he got to Rodgers and forced him to throw a pick and that wasn't the only play he made either. i couldn't care less if the guy never got a sack in the regular season if he is pressuring pro bowl QB's into making mistakes like that.

                      everyone needs to take a deep breath and remember its just pre-season.

                      and your not getting the original point....melvin had two tackles and a couple pressures against a nobody....my question...why should that worry elway
                      sigpic
                      when do native Americans become human and not mascots

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by arapaho View Post
                        and your not getting the original point....melvin had two tackles and a couple pressures against a nobody....my question...why should that worry elway
                        it shouldn't worry elway, even if he had 4 sacks in the game. why is it even elway's concern of who the chargers have? its not, its fox's concern. but again, the numbers are irrelevant, you are pretending that because he had no sacks and two tackles, that he didn't play well.

                        its obvious you are just stat watching. ingram was very disruptive and was the sole reason Rodgers threw that int, those kind of things do not show up on the stat sheet and if stats is the only thing elway is watching then he has far more pressing concerns than who the chargers have on their team, like his job security for example. lol

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by baphamet View Post
                          it shouldn't worry elway, even if he had 4 sacks in the game. why is it even elway's concern of who the chargers have? its not, its fox's concern. but again, the numbers are irrelevant, you are pretending that because he had no sacks and two tackles, that he didn't play well.

                          its obvious you are just stat watching. ingram was very disruptive and was the sole reason Rodgers threw that int, those kind of things do not show up on the stat sheet and if stats is the only thing elway is watching then he has far more pressing concerns than who the chargers have on their team, like his job security for example. lol
                          I have to ask a legitimate non-smack question..

                          How can you root for a team led by Norv Turner? Sure I'll be the first to admit. Fox is no Belichick or Tomlin...

                          But how can you as a fan sit back and watch Norv Turner make one screw up after another.. The Chargers suck! No questions asked. But they're a half decent coach away from being a contender..

                          Norv wont get you there.. period

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Denver Mike View Post
                            I have to ask a legitimate non-smack question..

                            How can you root for a team led by Norv Turner? Sure I'll be the first to admit. Fox is no Belichick or Tomlin...

                            But how can you as a fan sit back and watch Norv Turner make one screw up after another.. The Chargers suck! No questions asked. But they're a half decent coach away from being a contender..

                            Norv wont get you there.. period
                            smack aside, norv turner should have been fired last year along with AJ, no doubt about it. but i also do believe that norv is still a great play caller and the offense will always be good as long as rivers and norv is here.

                            but these slows starts we have been having and inconsistency protecting the football does fall on coaching, not to mention our talent on defense is not very good. but i don't attribute injuries to norvs coaching ability though lol

                            it happens to every team and every coach, even bellychick.

                            as far as watching my team when they are going through adversity......i watched my team when they had Ryan leaf, i remember just being happy that we beat the chiefs by only 1 point (their only victory) because, well it was against the chiefs and i hate them.

                            my love for my team is unconditional.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by baphamet View Post
                              smack aside, norv turner should have been fired last year along with AJ, no doubt about it. but i also do believe that norv is still a great play caller and the offense will always be good as long as rivers and norv is here.

                              but these slows starts we have been having and inconsistency protecting the football does fall on coaching, not to mention our talent on defense is not very good. but i don't attribute injuries to norvs coaching ability though lol

                              it happens to every team and every coach, even bellychick.

                              as far as watching my team when they are going through adversity......i watched my team when they had Ryan leaf, i remember just being happy that we beat the chiefs by only 1 point (their only victory) because, well it was against the chiefs and i hate them.

                              my love for my team is unconditional.
                              My respect for you has gone up slightly knowing you arent a Rivers bandwagoneer..

                              my distaste for the Chargers has still gone up... as it does day by day.. Can't wait until we crush you...

                              Comment


                              • Can we all just finally admit that Melvin Ingram is a first ballot HOF already, so we can bury this thread.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X