This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by arapaho View Post
    clearly despite your lil girly eyeroll icon...most people see it differant from you...

your saying lance allworth is an all time great....but zimmerman or other broncos are not..what makes allworth an all time great...receptions?

rice............1549
    M harrison.....1102
    c carter........1101
    t brown....1094

and way down on the list is allworth at 542..:paper:

rec tds?
    rice 197
    Moss...153
    owens...153
    carter...130
    m hassison...128

and way down the list is allworth at 85

most of if not all of allworths good stats come from the loose and wide open AFL in the 65-68 seasons

he is in no way shape or form one of the all time greats

Lt has the most tds in a season........and thats about it
    yards per season?...nope
    yards per career....5th
    100 games seasson...nope
    # 100 games....nope

dont let the east and west coas HOF bias, cloud your opinions of great bronco players
    and in comes stat watcher arapaho. first of all, i never said no broncos are all time greats, just not all the players you homers seem to think.

you may look at the stats and not call lance alworth an all time great but why don't you find me a receiver with better numbers from the same time he played?

he was the best in the game every single year and the first AFL player to be inducted into the HOF.

since all you do is look up stats and formulate your argument from that, why don't you have an issue with broncos fans calling TD an all time great? is it because he is a broncos player? of course it is!

yes, lets consider TD an all time great based on what he might have done had he not retired early from injury, that's just fine and dandy huh?

yet lets hold it against a receiver that was the best in the business for almost an entire decade on the best team in the AFL because he doesn't have great stats by today's NFL standards.

good ole arapaho, keep on watching them stats.

Comment

• Originally posted by baphamet View Post
      those are not among the greatest players of all time, sorry. maybe champ, i forgot about him.
      Zimmerman is a HOFer I think Tommy will be soon. Gradishar (who i know i didn't list) should be in the HOF and is one of the best players from his era. If you are in the HOF as a player I generally give you a nod of being one of the best ever because well that's why its the Hall of Fame.

Any who you are set on disagreeing so it is what it is.
      sigpic

Comment

show me where i said he has no chance, a donkey fan said he has a great chance to become an all time great, that is what i took issue with.
        Look Who's #1 in Pass Rushing Productivity

Originally posted by Pro Football Focus
        Mighty Miller
        If you’ve been on Pro Football Focus once or twice over the past year you’ll know we’ve developed a pretty high opinion of the play of Von Miller. As a rookie he was sensational, and he’s showing no signs of slowing down in his sophomore season. He leads our Pass Rushing Productivity stat after registering a pressure on 21.4% of all his pass rushes. He may not lead the league in sacks but there isn’t a player out there impacting quarterbacks as much as the Bronco.

Comment

• Melvin Ingram IS better than Von... at getting game ruining roughing the passer penalties that is (BOOM)
          Go Broncos!!!:thumb:

Comment

• Hey, baphamet do you think Champ Bailey is Hall of Famer?
            sigpic

Comment

and in comes stat watcher arapaho. first of all, i never said no broncos are all time greats, just not all the players you homers seem to think.

you may look at the stats and not call lance alworth an all time great but why don't you find me a receiver with better numbers from the same time he played?

he was the best in the game every single year and the first AFL player to be inducted into the HOF.

since all you do is look up stats and formulate your argument from that, why don't you have an issue with broncos fans calling TD an all time great? is it because he is a broncos player? of course it is!

yes, lets consider TD an all time great based on what he might have done had he not retired early from injury, that's just fine and dandy huh?

yet lets hold it against a receiver that was the best in the business for almost an entire decade on the best team in the AFL because he doesn't have great stats by today's NFL standards.

Atleast he backs up his claims with actual stats instead of just saying his opinion lol
              But I wouldn't have a problem with Allworth bein in the HOF since how good he was in that era.
              That being said the Broncos have been royally screwed by the HOF for whatever reason. I think Steve Atwater should definetely be in there
              UNITED IN ORANGE!

Comment

• Originally posted by Chillez View Post
                Hey, baphamet do you think Champ Bailey is Hall of Famer?
                i said i forgot about champ earlier, he is for sure a HOF'er and a borderline all time great IMO

Comment

• Originally posted by orangebarrel View Post
                  Atleast he backs up his claims with actual stats instead of just saying his opinion lol
                  But I wouldn't have a problem with Allworth bein in the HOF since how good he was in that era.
                  That being said the Broncos have been royally screwed by the HOF for whatever reason. I think Steve Atwater should definetely be in there
                  yeah, comparing recent receivers stats to a receiver from 50 years ago sure is a solid argument.

there are many many players from the same era and before that people consider all time greats that don't have stats comparable to today's standards.

especially a receiver or a TE.

it doesn't even matter what the stats say, alworth was probably the best receiver of his era, for sure in the AFL. that right there makes him an all time great in my mind.

Comment

• SO if someone is the best at what they do during their era, they are qualified?
                    Jacksonville Jaguars Broncomania GM:

Comment

at the time he played..you mean in fast and loose AFL?

charlie hennigan was a much better recever than allworth and played in the same day....all allworth gots is he lead the league 65-66-68 in rec (which isnt a record lol)...and holds the career record of 5, 200 yard games

hennigan...held the record for most 100 rec games in a season for 35 years until irvin broke it in 96...he's still second
                      he still holds the nfl record for consecutive 100 yard games
                      he is second to allworth all time in 200 yards games...by one
                      he held the record of most receiving yards per season for 34 years until rice broke it in 95...hennigan is still 3rd al time

he was a AFL all star 5 times
                      first NFL player to eclipse 100 receptions in a season
                      and won b2b AFL titles

and theres that east west coast bias...hennigan isnt in the hall like allworth

and then...if you wanna encapsulate just the 65-68 seasons as why allworth is an all time great

why cant we do the same for the 96 - 98 seasons with TD?
                      sigpic
                      when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

charlie hennigan was a much better recever than allworth and played in the same day....all allworth gots is he lead the league 65-66-68 in rec (which isnt a record lol)...and holds the career record of 5, 200 yard games

hennigan...held the record for most 100 rec games in a season for 35 years until irvin broke it in 96...he's still second
                        he held the record of most receiving yards per season for 34 years until rice broke it in 95...hennigan is still 3rd al time

and won b2b AFL titles

and then...if you wanna encapsulate just the 65-68 seasons as why allworth is an all time great

Allow me to answer for him.

Because.

Comment

i said i forgot about champ earlier, he is for sure a HOF'er and a borderline all time great IMO
                          My bad, I didn't see it.
                          Last edited by Chillez; 10-12-2012, 01:39 PM.
                          sigpic

Comment

yeah, comparing recent receivers stats to a receiver from 50 years ago sure is a solid argument.

there are many many players from the same era and before that people consider all time greats that don't have stats comparable to today's standards.

especially a receiver or a TE.

it doesn't even matter what the stats say, alworth was probably the best receiver of his era, for sure in the AFL. that right there makes him an all time great in my mind.
                            Well then what about Lionel Taylor all time leading receptions for the AFL, and 3rd on the Broncos all time receptions and yards. Not to mention 1st pro receiver to ever have a 100 reception season, 4 1,000 yard seasons and at the time the highest 6 season total ever averaging 84.7 catches a season. He led the AFL in receptions for each of the first 6 years of its existence.
                            Last edited by Joshecalpoly; 10-12-2012, 01:41 PM.
                            2016 Draft: http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...aft-Watch-list

Comment

• Originally posted by Nordstrom View Post
                              Prove me wrong.
                              lol wut

(Tennnn)

Comment

and won b2b AFL titles

so you are saying that alworth only had 2 productive seasons? TD had 4 productive seasons in the NFL, that's it. alworth had 7 straight seasons of over 1000 yards receiving, in an era where passing games were not prolific like they are now.

also, since you are a stat watcher i am sure you seen that charlie hennigan only had 3 seasons with over 1000 yards receiving with 4000 less yards and like 30 less TD's

yep he sure had a better career didn't he? what a fail!

so yeah, its not just because of two seasons like you are pretending and no he was not better than alworth.

Comment

Working...
                                X