This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Joshecalpoly View Post
    IMO if Manning wins the SB he will likely hang it up, because he has accomplished what he set out to do, and prove he still can win games and that he is one of the GOATs. So yes it could be very possible we wont have Manning in a year or 2 (which is why baph needs to be cheering Manning so his QB doesnt wet his pants every time he sees orange and blue)
    Like I said, the only way he retires in a year or two is with a SB trophy or an injury.

Oh, and Melvin Ingram sucks.

I wonder if Spanos is going to give him a gameball too
    sigpic

Comment

• Baph why are you using the "he was out for a year due to injury" against Manning? If anything, that was a full year where he didn't play, didn't get hit at all. He came into this season 100% completely fresh. Not that he needs it most of the time, but he can still run circles around Rivers, he's way more mobile. Nothing about the way he is playing is suggesting that he is declining physically. His "injury" was an anomaly that has been completely fixed, his neck is actually stronger now than before due to the fusion.

And like others have said, he is possibly the most cerebral player in NFL history. He doesn't rely on his athletic ability much. Nothing is guaranteed but I think there is a pretty good chance he will be physically able to play QB at an elite level well into his 40s. Now perhaps he hangs it up before then because we've won a super bowl or two, but it'd be kinda hard for you to say "I told ya so!!!" at that point
      sigpicthanks Freyaka

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncos724 View Post
        Baph why are you using the "he was out for a year due to injury" against Manning? If anything, that was a full year where he didn't play, didn't get hit at all. He came into this season 100% completely fresh. Not that he needs it most of the time, but he can still run circles around Rivers, he's way more mobile. Nothing about the way he is playing is suggesting that he is declining physically. His "injury" was an anomaly that has been completely fixed, his neck is actually stronger now than before due to the fusion.

And like others have said, he is possibly the most cerebral player in NFL history. He doesn't rely on his athletic ability much. Nothing is guaranteed but I think there is a pretty good chance he will be physically able to play QB at an elite level well into his 40s. Now perhaps he hangs it up before then because we've won a super bowl or two, but it'd be kinda hard for you to say "I told ya so!!!" at that point
        Technically he came into the season 70%, and considering the majority of NFL players who have the same surgery come back at the same level (according to ESPN) then the chances are he was to.

Tommy John surgery was long thought to be the worst thing to have done by a QB and if I am not mistaken Favre had that done late in his career, in fact, he was the first to fully do it

This thread is the fail that never ends
        Last edited by Joshecalpoly; 12-10-2012, 06:34 PM.
        2016 Draft: http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...aft-Watch-list

Comment

• Originally posted by kishzilla View Post
          ORLY?

What does the word "when" mean to you? Maybe you meant "if"?

Sorry, but you don't get the benefit of the doubt, given that your credibility is questionable at best now

How do you get "you said you wouldn't make it far in the playoffs" from that?

Dude, you seriously need to get some reading comprehension books and brush up. That's not what that says at all, and if that's where you pulled that from, you've got some serious issues using this medium to talk to people.

First of all, you will find not one, but many posts of mine saying AFCCG or bust or something similar.

Second of all, you fail at knowing how the playoffs work, since I said one or two wins, because if we get a first round bye, and win one game that puts us in the AFCCG

So now that we've established that you can't read, write, and you don't know how the postseason in the NFL works (go figure ) any more excuses liar? lol
          Expectations are us being contenders. That to me means we make noise in the playoffs and don't go one and done.
          that is exactly what you said, not going one and done is your expectations. how is "not going one and done" also mean AFCCG or bust?

it doesn't and if i lied because i said in one of my posts that manning would retire in a couple years when you know damn well i have said in other posts that he would retire or see his play diminish, then you are a liar too dude.

really, this is pointless bickering and i mainly just pointed this out to prove a point. if i am a liar then so are you, if my reading comprehension lacks then so does yours.

Comment

• We should just get this back to making fun of the topic creator for this silly thread because as it stands Ingram doesn't even come close to touching Miller's rookie year let alone this year.

Adopted Broncos:
            (2011-2013) Eric Decker
            (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
            (2019-Current) Drew Lock
            Adopted posters:
            Everyone

Comment

• Originally posted by Joshecalpoly View Post
              IMO if Manning wins the SB he will likely hang it up, because he has accomplished what he set out to do, and prove he still can win games and that he is one of the GOATs. So yes it could be very possible we wont have Manning in a year or 2 (which is why baph needs to be cheering Manning so his QB doesnt wet his pants every time he sees orange and blue)
              i have made that argument several times actually. all you broncos fans keep saying he can play for 5 more years but how do you know he wants to? QB's don't always retire just because a team doesn't want them anymore, especially a QB as rich as manning that doesn't need the money.

sure the broncos could win a SB with manning and if that happens there is literally nothing else he needs to do in the NFL, he will be regarded as the greatest ever at that point (at least in my mind)

but even if he doesn't, most great QB retire one way or another around his age of a couple years older. is it possible he plays into his 40's? yes, i never said it wasn't, i just don't think its very likely and even if he does i think he would be a shadow of his former self at that point.

Comment

• If Manning wins the Super Bowl this year then retires, sure it would be bitter sweet.

But we'd have more trophy polish and 3 more Super Bowls then the Chargers will ever win.

Comment

• Originally posted by Yakka27 View Post
                  If Manning wins the Super Bowl this year then retires, sure it would be bitter sweet.

But we'd have more trophy polish and 3 more Super Bowls then the Chargers will ever win.
                  meh, you guys polish trophies regardless lol

the only thing that would change is your franchise being inferior to the raiders in terms of SB wins. then again the raiders didn't need to borrow an already established HOF QB to do it either. ha

(^^its all i got right now so sue me )

Comment

• Originally posted by baphamet View Post

(^^its all i got right now so sue me )
                    Alright as long as you are willing to admit that. HAHA Thanks for the laugh at lunch Baph
                    sigpic

Comment

• Wow, the regular season is almost over and Melvin Ingram still has 0.5 sack. Impressive.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
                        Wow, the regular season is almost over and Melvin Ingram still has 0.5 sack. Impressive.
                        No doubt. The OP said "prove me wrong!" I think Melvin Ingrams done and outstanding job of that.Maybe he should change careers to project directer of the make a wish foundation
                        Originally posted by baphamet
                        are you talking career or right now? because i don't see how you can say manning is top 5 even healthy.dude will never be a top 5 QB again, he is done.

Comment

that is exactly what you said, not going one and done is your expectations. how is "not going one and done" also mean AFCCG or bust?
                          Here's where your inability to read comes into play. You selected only a portion of the sentence, because you apparently don't know how sentences work.

I said, "That to me means we make noise in the playoffs and don't go one and done."

See that one word there between the portion that you cherry picked out, and the portion that mattered? And?

Make noise in the playoffs. So in addition to not going one and done in the playoffs, I also imply we will make noise. Well it just so happens I had to explain this simple concept to your equally inept and illiterate cohort BOLT-MAN/NoBrains.

Originally posted by kishzilla View Post
                          Do you know what the playoffs are? Do you know what the difference between the Super Bowl and the playoffs are?

Jesus, of course you don't, what am I saying....

OK, here, this is how it works. So you have a series of elimination games right? Up to three of them can be played by any one team, and these teams play in them in hopes of getting to the final game which is called a S-U-P-E-R B-O-W-L.

This S-U-P-E-R B-O-W-L is separate from those elimination games and is defined as being the cross conference championship game.

Now lets say someone was to say "Win big in the playoffs..."

What would that mean exactly? Well, the playoffs are those elimination games, and the biggest playoff game is the Conference championship. So winning big in the playoffs would mean winning a conference championship game, and going to a Super Bowl.

Now if someone were to say "Make noise in the playoffs...."

What does that mean? Well that would likely mean that they would win in the playoffs, but isn't defined by winning all the playoff games and going to the Super Bowl

Simple right?

Apparently not for some
                          Some includes you, in case you were wondering lol

Now here I am explaining myself again, to you, in the thread you think you've got me cornered in with your line of stupid logic. So you can't say I never said it, since I said it directly to you in simple frickin English. I even had to make a list because apparently you have to be spoken to like a child lol

I am expecting to contend for a SuperBowl this year, meaning if we fail to make it to at least the AFCCG, I will be very disappointed. Barring catastrophic injuries to Manning, I don't think that's an unreasonable expectation.

Scenarios considered Choking for us this year:

~ Not making the playoffs
                          ~ Not Winning our first or second game in the post season (Depending on if we have a bye week or not)
                          ~ Getting blown out in the AFCCG

We made it to the Divisional round last year with Tebow. I fully expect us to do better than that.
                          Apparently it didn't sink in then lol

Here's another one for good measure:

If anyone is expecting a SuperBowl this year, they are misguided. I expect us to contend for one, which means we either need to make the AFCCG or miss it by the skin of our teeth in a knock down drag out. Anything less than that will be a disappointment, because we should be able to do it.

So far, I haven't seen many saying they expect us to make it to the Super Bowl this year. Nice lie though. Are all you Charger homers this full of crap? Or is it just you?
                          Hmm, guess it wasn't just him.

Now, before you jump up and down and say "NUH UH KISH YOU THAID 'OR MITH IT' THO THAT MEANTH YOU'RE A LIAR TOOOOOOO" (that's what you sound like in my head. I don't know why I picture you with a speech impediment, but just thought I would mention it lol) realize that the implication is that the goal is the AFCCG, and your needless whining is just that. Save it for your tissue lol

So, now that we have once again established you to be an illiterate liar, I think it's safe to say that we have uncovered what must be a list of requirements to be a Charger fan.

You must be...

A: Illiterate to the point where you can almost use text as a medium for discussion, but just enough to not get it.

B: Be completely oblivious to the world around you, and ok with stretching, bending, and fabricating the truth.

C: Have delusions of grandeur.

And last but not least...

D: Enjoy cheering for a team stuck in perpetual sucktitude

it doesn't and if i lied because i said in one of my posts that manning would retire in a couple years when you know damn well i have said in other posts that he would retire or see his play diminish, then you are a liar too dude.
                          You said, verbatim, WHEN he retires in one or two years. It wasn't until after you realized how frickin dumb that was, after I pointed it out to you, that you decided to add that little tidbit about diminishing blah blah blah.

really, this is pointless bickering and i mainly just pointed this out to prove a point. if i am a liar then so are you, if my reading comprehension lacks then so does yours.
                          Sorry bub, the only point you've proven is at the tip of your increasingly longer nose
                          sigpic

Comment

the only thing that would change is your franchise being inferior to the raiders in terms of SB wins. then again the raiders didn't need to borrow an already established HOF QB to do it either. ha
                            The Turds didn't draft Plunkett, and got plenty lucky winning the two SBs he won.

Like I said, you would poo poo our team if we went undefeated and won two superbowls in back to back years. To the point where you would hold the Raiders to higher regard by contorting and concocting some stupid line of reasoning like "we had to borrow a HOF QB"

So then let us know what it is that counts as a full SB win to you since you seem to be the authority

You're a hater, through and through. I love it. Just means my team's doing well, and yours is garbage, and you're mad about it like we're the ones with the problem
                            sigpic

Comment

i have made that argument several times actually. all you broncos fans keep saying he can play for 5 more years but how do you know he wants to? QB's don't always retire just because a team doesn't want them anymore, especially a QB as rich as manning that doesn't need the money.

sure the broncos could win a SB with manning and if that happens there is literally nothing else he needs to do in the NFL, he will be regarded as the greatest ever at that point (at least in my mind)

but even if he doesn't, most great QB retire one way or another around his age of a couple years older. is it possible he plays into his 40's? yes, i never said it wasn't, i just don't think its very likely and even if he does i think he would be a shadow of his former self at that point.
                              Despite what youve said repeatedly about Favre not being hurt he had to have Tommy John surgery, and unlike Peytons surgery noone had ever come back from it, but Favre did late in his career. Truth is Peytons surgery has a high success rate among NFL players, and he could easily go into his old age if he wants to. Yet, the only thing held be chasing is 1 last SB, and if he gets that hes done, if not I can see him going till he feels its no longer in his reach.
                              2016 Draft: http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...aft-Watch-list

Comment

• Originally posted by kishzilla View Post
                                Here's where your inability to read comes into play. You selected only a portion of the sentence, because you apparently don't know how sentences work.

I said, "That to me means we make noise in the playoffs and don't go one and done."

See that one word there between the portion that you cherry picked out, and the portion that mattered? And?

Make noise in the playoffs. So in addition to not going one and done in the playoffs, I also imply we will make noise. Well it just so happens I had to explain this simple concept to your equally inept and illiterate cohort BOLT-MAN/NoBrains.

Some includes you, in case you were wondering lol

Now here I am explaining myself again, to you, in the thread you think you've got me cornered in with your line of stupid logic. So you can't say I never said it, since I said it directly to you in simple frickin English. I even had to make a list because apparently you have to be spoken to like a child lol

Apparently it didn't sink in then lol

Here's another one for good measure:

Hmm, guess it wasn't just him.

Now, before you jump up and down and say "NUH UH KISH YOU THAID 'OR MITH IT' THO THAT MEANTH YOU'RE A LIAR TOOOOOOO" (that's what you sound like in my head. I don't know why I picture you with a speech impediment, but just thought I would mention it lol) realize that the implication is that the goal is the AFCCG, and your needless whining is just that. Save it for your tissue lol

So, now that we have once again established you to be an illiterate liar, I think it's safe to say that we have uncovered what must be a list of requirements to be a Charger fan.

You must be...

A: Illiterate to the point where you can almost use text as a medium for discussion, but just enough to not get it.

B: Be completely oblivious to the world around you, and ok with stretching, bending, and fabricating the truth.

C: Have delusions of grandeur.

And last but not least...

D: Enjoy cheering for a team stuck in perpetual sucktitude

You said, verbatim, WHEN he retires in one or two years. It wasn't until after you realized how frickin dumb that was, after I pointed it out to you, that you decided to add that little tidbit about diminishing blah blah blah.

Sorry bub, the only point you've proven is at the tip of your increasingly longer nose
                                so let me get this straight, i quoted you word for freaking word and then you respond with "well what do you think making noise in the playoffs mean?"

LMAO!!!! idk what you think it means but it is nowhere near as definitive as you saying making noise in the playoff to you means not going one and done.

there is no gray area there, don't try to backpedal your way out of it because it just aint gonna work. yes i know you said afccg or bust in later posts after that but that popst is what i was referring to, you definitely did not say afccg or bust, you said make noise in the playoffs and to you that means not going one and done.

not going one and done is not afccg or bust unless you have the first round bye. even then, if you actually meant afccg or bust you would have said it, but we both know you were afraid to at the time. lol

oh and you can keep trying to reminding me how my team is inferior to yours as if i don't already know that, to try and change the subject. but the fact remains that i was not making up what i said, you made a huge deal about it as if i just made it up and now you look foolish for it.

congrats!

Comment

Working...
                                X