This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by arapaho View Post
    i think the main point is...barny sucked preinjury ....no need for the injury excuse....he never was worth the pick anyway
    To make that conclusion this early is nearly as stupid and neglegent as not knowing his injury before going on a rant about it.

Melvin has only one solid rookie year under his belt, he wouldn't be the first player ever to improve with time.

Comment

• Originally posted by SDERA View Post
      Ummmm yeahhh buddy.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...gram-acl-tear/

This must be embarrassing for you, so feel free to send your apology to me via private message.

Wow.
      Nah I pulled a Baph. I read this and misunderstood. http://www.boltsfromtheblue.com/2013...-torn-acl-2013

So I was wrong about the injury but the rest I am dead on about..Ingram being a joke and especially you being fair weather.. do try that "I don't have as much time as you" crap bu all means ..now that they have a shot at the playoffs your here every day more than once.. If things dont work out you will be the way of the dodo bird just like last year
      Last edited by Beagle; 12-28-2013, 06:40 PM.
      Originally posted by baphamet
      are you talking career or right now? because i don't see how you can say manning is top 5 even healthy.dude will never be a top 5 QB again, he is done.

Comment

To make that conclusion this early is nearly as stupid and neglegent as not knowing his injury before going on a rant about it.

Melvin has only one solid rookie year under his belt, he wouldn't be the first player ever to improve with time.
        one solid rookie year? really? hahaha 21 tackles 2 qb sacks 2 qb hits...that's pretty solid if he played 2 or 3 games:thumb:
        are you talking career or right now? because i don't see how you can say manning is top 5 even healthy.dude will never be a top 5 QB again, he is done.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beagle View Post
          one solid rookie year? really? hahaha 21 tackles 2 qb sacks 2 qb hits...that's pretty solid if he played 2 or 3 games:thumb:
          Sure if you're playing fantasy football, but the way he affected the game on the field was bigger than that. He damn near had 6 or 7 sacks, he forced at least 3 interceptions (1 was called back due to a high hit on Brees), and wrecked a dozen plays with his pressure even when he didn't hit home,

On tape, Melvin who took less than his fair share of snaps actually had a very solid rookie season even if it doesn't show up in the box score.
          Last edited by SDERA; 12-28-2013, 08:28 AM.

Comment

• ohh so the ....almost sacks must be a sd stat....he almost had seven sacks lmao!!

rest of us put more impact on actual hits...tck f loss...tackles sacks.....

tell me...if barney "almost" gets there and makes a qb step up into pocket and throws a td pass...do you bolt fans record it as a almost td?
            sigpic
            when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

ohh so the ....almost sacks must be a sd stat....he almost had seven sacks lmao!!

tell me...if barney "almost" gets there and makes a qb step up into pocket and throws a td pass...do you bolt fans record it as a almost td?
              Beating your man and getting pressure is what matters, sport. Flushing the QB and making him uncomfortable just a few times a game can force incompletions and turnovers that change a game, even if the beneficiary is a DB on the stat sheet.

In not saying he's the next Von Miller, that's just silly. But the fact that Melvin didn't rack up stats doesn't change the fact that he did beat his man consistently at the line of scrimmage, which is the more than we could ever say for Larry English who got stood up immediately. So hopes are high.

If you're going to talk like an amature fan, I'm gonna start treating you like one kiddo.
              Last edited by SDERA; 12-28-2013, 02:03 PM.

Comment

Sure if you're playing fantasy football, but the way he affected the game on the field was bigger than that. He damn near had 6 or 7 sacks, he forced at least 3 interceptions (1 was called back due to a high hit on Brees), and wrecked a dozen plays with his pressure even when he didn't hit home,

On tape, Melvin who took less than his fair share of snaps actually had a very solid rookie season even if it doesn't show up in the box score.
                the 2 hits are almost sacks .... you want to see what and hurry looks like? Look up Manning Hurdling Ingram and throwing a TD pass... Ill rate your almost so you and maybe Baph can get it

A Sack...hurts every time wasted down and loss of yardage. Some times a fumble

a QB Hit negative effect 60% can cause bad throws or effect the throw just because you can not follow through. Some times causes ints always lets the QB know you were this close. Weak minded QBs let this get to them others not so much.The great qbs will some times hold the ball to let a play develop when they could have checked down just to get the big play..hitting this QB in this situation will not cause him distress at all because he already knew it was coming and let it happen.

QB Hurry basically nothing negative effect 10% you get a hurry when the LT pushes a DE right by the QB but are within 3 yards at the time a QB throws...if a QB scrambles to buy more time for a play to develop or even to create a passing lane for himself the closest defensive player gets a "hurry" weak standards for a stat... there are actual hurries that cause something bad to happen but they are really really really rare with no QB hit involved hence the 10% negative impact

Comment

Beating your man and getting pressure is what matters, sport. Flushing the QB and making him uncomfortable just a few times a game can force incompletions and turnovers that change a game, even if the beneficiary is a DB on the stat sheet.

In not saying he's the next Von Miller, that's just silly. But the fact that Melvin didn't rack up stats doesn't change the fact that he did beat his man consistently at the line of scrimmage, which is the more than we could ever say for Larry English who got stood up immediately. So hopes are high.

If you're going to talk like an amature fan, I'm gonna start treating you like one kiddo.
                  I never saw Ingram getting doubled certainly not by us..so i doubt he was consistently beating his man...if he was that shows up in the stat sheet...

Comment

ohh so the ....almost sacks must be a sd stat....he almost had seven sacks lmao!!

That would actually be considered a "QB Hurry"

Comment

• maybe barney sdera and bap should play horseshoes...almost gets them a point
                      sigpic
                      when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

maybe barney sdera and bap should play horseshoes...almost gets them a point
                        Baph and SDERA never get the point.
                        sigpic

Comment

One could also ask....how's that, manning will never be a top qb again, he's done!!

Except for being the best qb last yr, and breaking the nfl td record amongst the other records this yr

You were as wrong as wrong gets...look in the dictionary under delusional failure....and they link your post

And with every td...your post gets stupider...lol
                          yeah and i have said multiple times i was wrong, beagle refuses to man up and admit it after constantly running his mouth so i remind him.

sorry that hurts your feelings that i am mean to your BFF

by the way, saying manning is no longer a top 5 QB in the league after having 4 neck surgeries and missing the season prior, considering his age, wasn't exactly me going out on a limb like saying rivers was washed up and done at age 30 like beagle said.

i along with virtually everyone else was proven wrong about that. heck even a good amount of the broncos fan base never would have thought he would become an elite QB again in Denver.

most people thought he would still be good but not play at a level even higher than he did before his surgeries. that was one hell of a recovery similar to when drew brees came back better than ever after his surgery.

Comment

• Originally posted by kishzilla View Post
                            Baph and SDERA never get the point.
                            and what point is that? that only sacks matter? that unless you get a sack you didn't do your job? because that is the point beagle and arapaho have been trying to get across this entire time.

if you agree with that, you are just making yourself look foolish.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beagle View Post
                              Nah I pulled a Baph. I read this and misunderstood. http://www.boltsfromtheblue.com/2013...-torn-acl-2013

So I was wrong about the injury but the rest I am dead on about..Ingram being a joke and especially you being fair weather.. do try that "I don't have as much time as you" crap bu all means ..now that they have a shot at the playoffs your here every day more than once.. If things dont work out you will be the way of the dodo bird just like last year
                              nope, you are not right about ingram being a joke. hes played one year + a couple games in the NFL and you already have clearly labeled him a bust. heck, you labeled him a bust before he ever played a game by the way you talked.

yet you try to talk smack about me labeling a player a bust after he played 4 years in the NFL and never broke out

he may or may not become a first a player worthy of where he was drafted but one thing is definite, you are wrong and wrong often....about a great many things.

Comment

it took ayers 4 years to have a solid season that they love to brag about now. its not hard to see how hypocritical these donk fans can be around here.

Comment

Working...
                                X