Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kind of like how denver fans thought tebow was going to the hof because of what one Denver fan said......

Comment

• Originally posted by Chillez View Post
      Worst epic fail thread ever created on talkin smack. The funny thing is it was made by dumb Charger fan.
      http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...-Larry-English

that one is worse, at least ingram still has a job and is improving.

Comment

• Chargers placed Melvin Ingram on IR/Designated to Return Tag.

Unfortunate for him, was really playing well.

Comment

• Michael Gehlken ‏@UTgehlken 3h
          Melvin Ingram (hip, IR to return) cannot practice for minimum six weeks, play game at least eight. Earliest game back: Nov. 16 vs. OAK.

Comment

• Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
            Chargers placed Melvin Ingram on IR/Designated to Return Tag.

he's the ryan mathews of the defense.:doh:

Comment

Chargers placed Melvin Ingram on IR/Designated to Return Tag.

Unfortunate for the whole team, as we were looking primed to at least compete for the division unlike the last couple years.

Pass rushers are one of those things that are extremely hard to replace too. Attaochu has been impressive when the assignment is simple (IE get the QB or hold the edge), but Melvin is a far more polished cerebral player, he doesn't bite on those fakes and we can drop him in coverage. I doubt we beat Seattle without Ingram.
              Last edited by SDERA; 09-20-2014, 02:03 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SDERA View Post
                Pass rushers are one of those things that are extremely hard to replace too.
                Good thing it was Ingram then...I mean this way it doesn't cost you a pass rusher ....:thumb:
                Originally posted by baphamet
                are you talking career or right now? because i don't see how you can say manning is top 5 even healthy.dude will never be a top 5 QB again, he is done.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beagle View Post
                  Good thing it was Ingram then...I mean this way it doesn't cost you a pass rusher ....:thumb:
                  Really? Because as of now he's tied with Cameron Jordan, Cliff Avril, Derrick Morgan, and (go figure) Dwight Freeney in QB hurries, with 8. (Ware has 7, Watt has 6)

Those are some names.

Melvin was ballin.

Comment

Really? Because as of now he's tied with Cameron Jordan, Cliff Avril, Derrick Morgan, and (go figure) Dwight Freeney in QB hurries, with 8. (Ware has 7, Watt has 6)

Those are some names.

Melvin was ballin.
                    hurries really? wow he is almost a pass rusher then my bad.... Nah Just kidding he isnt check all his stats cherry picker
                    Here is a hurry for ya

[IMG][/IMG]That was follwed by a TD

3 sacks 3 seasons 1 sack and 1 qb hit this season.....the guy is fail this whole thread screams it as does his career to this point....

you're as bad as the OP comparing him to Watt ,and Ware even Freeny....Wares and Freeneys worst seasons were better than Barneys whole carreer
                    are you talking career or right now? because i don't see how you can say manning is top 5 even healthy.dude will never be a top 5 QB again, he is done.

Comment

hurries really? wow he is almost a pass rusher then my bad.... Nah Just kidding he isnt check all his stats cherry picker
                      Here is a hurry for ya

you're as bad as the OP comparing him to Watt ,and Ware even Freeny....Wares and Freeneys worst seasons were better than Barneys whole carreer
                      Really dense fans will agree with you.

But the more intelligent ones recognize that getting pressure on the QB is a big deal even when the sack isn't closed. He did get his hands on Wilson a couple other times, but that slippery bastard just weasels out of sacks.

And I wasn't comparing him to anyone, I was showing you production. Once again...dense fans vs intelligent ones.

Injuries have wrecked the start of his career though, I won't argue that. But he is very good when we have him.
                      Last edited by SDERA; 09-20-2014, 05:17 PM.

Comment

Non smack aside, Ingram has played very well.

It's a big loss but they have some options there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chillez View Post
                          Worst epic fail thread ever created on talkin smack. The funny thing is it was made by dumb Charger fan.
                          I don't know, Rod put up a thread once that said Rivers was better QB than Orton because he was able to tackle better after an interception.
                          sigpic

Adopted Posters:
                          Broncbeat - 80stheman - kmcgough25 - InsaneBlaze 23
                          Adopted By:
                          Broncoholic JS & 80stheman
                          Broncbeat

Comment

Really dense fans will agree with you.

But the more intelligent ones recognize that getting pressure on the QB is a big deal even when the sack isn't closed. He did get his hands on Wilson a couple other times, but that slippery bastard just weasels out of sacks.

And I wasn't comparing him to anyone, I was showing you production. Once again...dense fans vs intelligent ones.

Injuries have wrecked the start of his career though, I won't argue that. But he is very good when we have him.

3 sacks 3 seasons 1 sack and 1 qb hit this season.....the guy is fail this whole thread screams it as does his career to this point....
                            why cut that out when you quoted me? lol

Ill agree with you Pressure does cause problems

the problem is all "hurries" are not pressures probabaly not even half of them... You ever seen a pass rusher get pushed right by a QB in the pocket...guess what he got a "hurry" all he has to do is get with in 2 yards of a QB while the QB has the ball behind the line.. That means a QB who pulls it down an runs by a blocked NT the NT gets a hurry.... its a very over rated stat. proof https://www.google.com/search?q=NFL+...w=1920&bih=955
                            Last edited by Beagle; 09-20-2014, 07:16 PM.

Comment

Non smack aside, Ingram has played very well.

It's a big loss but they have some options there.
                              this is smack why put it aside?

Comment

why cut that out when you quoted me? lol

Ill agree with you Pressure does cause problems

the problem is all "hurries" are not pressures probabaly not even half of them... You ever seen a pass rusher get pushed right by a QB in the pocket...guess what he got a "hurry" all he has to do is get with in 2 yards of a QB while the QB has the ball behind the line.. That means a QB who pulls it down an runs by a blocked NT the NT gets a hurry.... its a very over rated stat. proof https://www.google.com/search?q=NFL+...w=1920&bih=955
                                he looked damn good before getting injured again, very disruptive and in the offensive backfield constantly. the injuries are very concerning though, just like with Mathews.

ive had this debate with you before, you are ignoring his overall body of work and just looking at the stat sheet because it suits your argument.

but those of us that have actually watched the games can see the kid has gotten much better, everyone i have seen that covers the chargers have echoed this as well. just those damn inured that's holding him back.

Comment

Working...
                                X