X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 58 broncomaniac View Post
    We must have missed that one game he played last year
    the fact that you think he played in only one game is telling indeed!

Comment

• You obviously think way to highly of yourself....you see any other fans of other teams here....any obsessed bolts fans other then your self?...might ask the Seahawk or pats fans if I respond to them sonny cause I carried out countless posts with them....as it is now your basically the only show in town so we all basically have to respond to your slobbery drivel.

What else is there to smack but a supposed bolt fan who seems obsessed with the broncos
      sigpic
      when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

• Originally posted by kishzilla View Post
        You obviously didn't get it...

Potential doesn't mean squat if it doesn't ever manifest. Sorry, but flashes and glimpses from an oft injured player doesn't cut it. Howd that work out for Mathews? lol

The reference to Miller was just to illustrate that injury can only be used as so much of an excuse for someone that doesn't produce. You keep saying "when he's healthy" except that "when he's healthy" he seems a couple games from "on the sideline holding a clipboard."

And it's funny you say I haven't seen him play. To be perfectly honest, neither have you, since he's spent most of his time not playing.

But hey, you go ahead and keep defending "potential" and "if only". You are a Charger fan and it's pretty much a survival instinct at this point afteral
        Remember this is the same guy who went ape crap over spewing that robert ayers was a bust because of his stats...robert ayers who had only 4.5 sacks and 97 tackles in his first three seasons was a bust in baps eyes yet ingrams 78 tackles and 6 sacks make him a future star
        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by baphamet View Post
          both those guys may be injury prone but they are far from a wasted roster spot.
          Unless they're injured enough to get put on IR, they get injured and waste a roster spot doing nothing on the sidelines.

I'm kinda over explaining every sentence of every post dude....
          sigpic

Comment

• Wow I didn't even realize it til now but this is an active thread that just passed the three year mark on Memorial Day. Weird

Anyway at this point I'd say that ingram hasn't really lived up to his FULL potential. Don't get me wrong the man is good and can play but I believe he has so much more than what we have seen. Most likely due to San Diego not really playing to his strengths.

Could anyone possibly see him ending up as a free agent and playing for denver as a possible 3-4 defensive end?

At 6/2 265lbs in the past was probably just right for a linebacker but in today's game it may be a little on the heavier side. It wouldn't be too heavy if he were 6/3 to 6/5 but at 6/2 it may be.

But anyway to have him paired with our defensive studs and talent under Wade would be ludicrous lol!

Comment

• Originally posted by arapaho View Post
              Remember this is the same guy who went ape crap over spewing that robert ayers was a bust because of his stats...robert ayers who had only 4.5 sacks and 97 tackles in his first three seasons was a bust in baps eyes yet ingrams 78 tackles and 6 sacks make him a future star
              lol yes he did
              Originally posted by baphamet
              are you talking career or right now? because i don't see how you can say manning is top 5 even healthy.dude will never be a top 5 QB again, he is done.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam24 View Post
                Wow I didn't even realize it til now but this is an active thread that just passed the three year mark on Memorial Day. Weird

Anyway at this point I'd say that ingram hasn't really lived up to his FULL potential. Don't get me wrong the man is good and can play but I believe he has so much more than what we have seen. Most likely due to San Diego not really playing to his strengths.

Could anyone possibly see him ending up as a free agent and playing for denver as a possible 3-4 defensive end?

At 6/2 265lbs in the past was probably just right for a linebacker but in today's game it may be a little on the heavier side. It wouldn't be too heavy if he were 6/3 to 6/5 but at 6/2 it may be.

But anyway to have him paired with our defensive studs and talent under Wade would be ludicrous lol!
                he was drafted to rush the passer....he played primarily passing downs...how is that not to his strengths?
                sigpic

Comment

he was drafted to rush the passer....he played primarily passing downs...how is that not to his strengths?
                  At 6/2 265 (some site have him listed at 6/1) I don't believe he's quick enough, I don't believe it to be a strength. I think he needs to drop 10lbs in order to rush the passer more aggressively.

Von Miller is 255, Dumervil is 245 both league premier pass rushers. 10 to 20 pounds makes a hugh difference for a linebacker. Ingram was a ridiculous linebacker in college but now San Diego playing DE he could be better than he has been of late.

IMO I think he needs to drop the weight and move back to linebacker, unless San Diego plays more 3-4 sets. I like the guy and want to see him excel to his fullest potential.
                  Last edited by Sam_Z; 05-27-2015, 07:54 AM.

Comment

At 6/2 265 (some site have him listed at 6/1) I don't believe he's quick enough, I don't believe it to be a strength. I think he needs to drop 10lbs in order to rush the passer more aggressively.

Von Miller is 255, Dumervil is 245 both league premier pass rushers. 10 to 20 pounds makes a hugh difference for a linebacker. Ingram was a ridiculous linebacker in college but now San Diego playing DE he could be better than he has been of late.

IMO I think he needs to drop the weight and move back to linebacker, unless San Diego plays more 3-4 sets. I like the guy and want to see him excel to his fullest potential.

pretty sure Melvin isn't playing DE but 3-4 OLB, But he came into the draft listed as a 264 pound DE

quote from his draft bio: athleticism and technique allow him to bring dynamic playmaking ability to an NFL defense, whether he lines up at defensive tackle or defensive end. Some believe he could be moved to outside linebacker in a 3-4 scheme to rush the passer and overpower offensive tackles

wolfe 11.5 sacks 92 tackles 285 DE

in any event he hasn't shown anything worthy of a 1st round draft pick
                    sigpic

Comment

There was an article on NFL.com about him losing weight this off season. I believe he said he is down to about 250. We will see if it helps him. Also mentioned that he thinks that extra weight contributed to his injury history.
                      Adopted Bronco: Bradley Roby

Comment

pretty sure Melvin isn't playing DE but 3-4 OLB, But he came into the draft listed as a 264 pound DE

quote from his draft bio: athleticism and technique allow him to bring dynamic playmaking ability to an NFL defense, whether he lines up at defensive tackle or defensive end. Some believe he could be moved to outside linebacker in a 3-4 scheme to rush the passer and overpower offensive tackles

wolfe 11.5 sacks 92 tackles 285 DE

in any event he hasn't shown anything worthy of a 1st round draft pick
                        I just believe that melvin ingram would have a lot more production at a lower weight and as a full time linebacker.

However I'd never put him ahead of Wolfe as DE, who should excel himself this season as a defensive end in the 3-4. At 6/5 285 he's more suited for this style of defense and should have his best season yet.

I'm really excited to see how he performs paired as a tandem with Malik Jackson (Trevor Pryce clone IMO)! I truly believe that we are going to have the best front 7 this season
                        with all the talent under Wade!

As for the sites I seen, they have ingram list as a DE as of right now and coming out of college as a linebacker but so many of them are so inaccurate a lot of the time.

@ Frost, thanks for the info and if that is true and he has dropped some weight then I think we'll see a beast out there but as of yet he hasn't lived up to his potential.
                        Last edited by Sam_Z; 05-27-2015, 08:49 AM.

Comment

I just believe that melvin ingram would have a lot more production at a lower weight and as a full time linebacker.

However I'd never put him ahead of Wolfe as DE, who should excel himself this season as a defensive end in the 3-4. At 6/5 285 he's more suited for this style of defense and should have his best season yet.

I'm really excited to see how he performs paired as a tandem with Malik Jackson (Trevor Pryce clone IMO)! I truly believe that we are going to have the best front 7 this season
                          with all the talent under Wade!

As for the sites I seen, they have ingram list as a DE as of right now and coming out of college as a linebacker but so many of them are so inaccurate a lot of the time.

@ Frost, thanks for the info and if that is true and he has dropped some weight then I think we'll see a beast out there but as of yet he hasn't lived up to his potential.
                          He is definitely an OLB for the Chargers not a DE and Dumervil has had most of his good seasons at 260 265..he has lost weight the last 2 seasons in Baltimore to keep his quickness but only down to 255. I have never seen him at 245
                          Last edited by Beagle; 05-27-2015, 09:43 AM.
                          Originally posted by baphamet
                          are you talking career or right now? because i don't see how you can say manning is top 5 even healthy.dude will never be a top 5 QB again, he is done.

Comment

• Originally posted by baphamet View Post
                            yeah, i have seen him play.....which is why i am far more optimistic about him than i am a guy like kendall reyes. saying he is a wasted roster spot and then comparing him to mathews is quite hilarious.

both those guys may be injury prone but they are far from a wasted roster spot. i'm actually cringing at the thought of mathews staying healthy in philly and tearing it up there.

in fact, you should be cringing at that thought as well.....your team could have got him cheap to join the rest of your injury prone running backs

difference is, mathews is a probowl quality back when healthy, your guys you drafted are garbage regardless if they are healthy or not.
                            Elway is so dumb! He could have gotten Matthews a guy who is always injured to join his backfield when all he has Is a Pro Bowl back CJ Anderson, Ronnie Hillman, Montee Ball, Juwan Thompson, Jeremy Stewart, and Kapri Bibbs a group that ranked 15th in the league compared to Matthews and the Chargers 30th ranked group.

Rank / Team Rush/Yards/YPC/YPG/TD
                            15 Denver Broncos: 1,785/4.0 /111.6/15
                            30 San Diego Chargers:1,367/3.4 /85.4 / 6

Baphs were a 4 time division winner and playoff team trying to get better we don't want your teams trash!
                            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
                              Elway is so dumb! He could have gotten Matthews a guy who is always injured to join his
                              backfield when all he has Is a Pro Bowl back CJ Anderson, Ronnie Hillman, Montee Ball, Juwan Thompson, Jeremy Stewart, and Kapri Bibbs a group that ranked 15th in the league compared to Matthews and the Chargers 30th ranked group.

Baphs were a 4 time division winner and playoff team trying to get better we don't want your teams trash!
                              I know right...elway was dumb not to go for a glass rb when he already had the better back in cj....i mean telesco musta been on the short bus not to resign mathews so he could use his 1st round pick to actually get a pass rusher
                              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
                                Elway is so dumb! He could have gotten Matthews a guy who is always injured to join his backfield when all he has Is a Pro Bowl back CJ Anderson, Ronnie Hillman, Montee Ball, Juwan Thompson, Jeremy Stewart, and Kapri Bibbs a group that ranked 15th in the league compared to Matthews and the Chargers 30th ranked group.

CJ Anderson was a nice find, but talent wise I'd take Mathews any day. It's the nicks and scrapes that have kept Mathews from being a Pro Bowler year after year.

For example last year, arguably Mathew's worst year, he still averaged 4.5ypc behind one of the worst O-lines in the league. An O-line in which had 5 different starting centers, finished with 2 of the 5 worst OGs in the entire league (according to PFF.com), and DJ Fluker playing through multiple high ankle sprains.

For comparison, Donald Brown averaged a paltry 2.6ypc behind this same line. And even Brandon Oliver who a lot of people seem to be high on averaged only 3.6.

Mathews is one of those guys who (the eternal caveat "when healthy") creates his own space, and makes his own holes. Put him in Dallas for 16 games and I'd bet he does everything DeMarco Murray just did, possibly more. If Murray gets hurt this year I wouldn't be shocked if Mathews just took the starting job....until he gets injured again himself.
                                Last edited by SDERA; 05-29-2015, 12:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X