LOL at Tebow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BroncoFanDK View Post
    (First - when was the Broncos 1-4 in 2010?)

While it is impossible to say (reliably predict) if Tebow could bring the same type of improvement to the Jaguars as to the Broncos, it is comical that they don't do something.

Kyle Orton is 100 times the QB that Blaine Gabbert seems to be, and Tebow improved on that. Whether TT could give them a 30%, 50% or 70% win rate is impossible to reliably say, but he would make them more interesting and more competitive. 3 points in two games by Gabberts offense is so bad that it is inexplickable.

He was the polar opposite of Jay Cutler. The things I hated about Cutler I loved about Tebow - and the things everyone loves about Cutler.... well Tebow throws a good deep ball but it is just puzzeling that he hits a 50 yarder and misses a 3.... Irrespective his attitude improves the drive of the team and brings W's.

There are a few teams that are doing and could do worse!
    I misspoke, I meant 2011. But my comment remains the same. The Broncos were so bad then, there was no good reason not to use Tebow. Thus, I had similar feelings as the person (or people) who paid to fly that banner behind the plane.

Comment

• Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
      I dont understand the hatred of Tebow. Tebow made us believe for the first time since Elway hung up his cleats.

The truth is teams began to figure out the throws tebow cant make, and that he simply cant read defenses. Tebows will to win is what carried him

With guys like terrel pryor, ej Manuel, & geno smith I dont understand why tebow cant get a job backing up a read option qb somewhere example colt McCoy is the back up in sf if kap goes down they will have to changw there offense samething in oakland and Carolina.
      I don't get the Tebow hate either (especially not from Bronco fans), but long term Bronco fans have been lucky. Griese had one vary good year, Plummer took us to the Playoffs every year, and we were on the verge of playoffs with both Cutler and Orton.

I don't know if TT really has an inability to read defenses, but it seemed that they did read option on every play and that it just took too long to develop. I do not understand that people focus so little on the achievements and so much on how the results came about. Of current SB winning QB's only Tom Brady and Ben Rothlisberger had more success in their first season of games.

The absurd religious following must scare the clubs - I have a hard time seing what else could scare off the bottom feeder teams

Comment

• Tebow is too polarizing for anyone to touch. When you are dealing with any polarizing issue or topic, it is bad for business because these topics are highly divisive and people go to great lengths to defend their positions including doing things such as embellishing the truth, demonizing, and in some cases physical violence.

Tebow has been an option QB since he was in high school. He needs to develop a pocket passing game to go with his repertoire. I remember it greatly offending fans on one particular board when one poster said during Tebow's rookie season "Tebow is just an option QB at this point who has to develop his NFL pocket passing game." The poor poster got a huge hit of negative posts their way for posting what was a statement of fact.

Comment

• Lol Tebow offered a contract to play for the Seamen

sigpic

Comment

• LOL @ Tebow having more playoff wins for Denver than Peyton. With an inferior team no less.

Comment

• Originally posted by RandomVariable View Post
              LOL @ Tebow having more playoff wins for Denver than Peyton. With an inferior team no less.
              The defense was better, or at least played better tho
              sigpic

Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake.

Comment

• LOL @ Pats fans who are obsessed with everything orange and blue.
                :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
                sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by RandomVariable View Post
                  LOL @ Tebow having more playoff wins for Denver than Peyton. With an inferior team no less.
                  Someday a pats fan will learn to smack....Today is not that day.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Patriot875 View Post
                    Tebow is too polarizing for anyone to touch. When you are dealing with any polarizing issue or topic, it is bad for business because these topics are highly divisive and people go to great lengths to defend their positions including doing things such as embellishing the truth, demonizing, and in some cases physical violence.

Tebow has been an option QB since he was in high school. He needs to develop a pocket passing game to go with his repertoire. I remember it greatly offending fans on one particular board when one poster said during Tebow's rookie season "Tebow is just an option QB at this point who has to develop his NFL pocket passing game." The poor poster got a huge hit of negative posts their way for posting what was a statement of fact.
                    You are absolutely right about the divisive nature, and how it can negatively affect a team. As someone that really liked what Tebow brought to the Broncos (and not the religious part of it that I would rather have been without), it is odd to see the irrational both love and hate for a young player with very little concrete NFL experience, that actually achieved a lot in only 14 starts.

Tebow in 2010, and in glimpses during 2011, showed that he had more than the option moniker. There are quite a few teams that would have fared better with him at the helm than what they have put in. It is bizarre when people claim that he cannot throw, and it is overreaching quite a bit to compare him to Elway, Manning and the like.

He did have more success than those QB's in his first 14 starts, but then no-one in their right mind should discount what he achieved or extrapolate it into a HOF career. The basis for an elite career is there, but so are the very valid question marks about his skills.

Without him playing as a starter no-one will know what he could do/Could have done, but it would be really nice if debates were more objective, and less biased. He had many big plays, great drive, made few mistakes, few turnovers, but did not score a lot of points either. He has created better results so far than any 1st round QB drafted 2010 or later, and in fewer games - but the style points were pretty awful!

Comment

Working...
                    X