For All You SD Fans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For All You SD Fans

If you could go back in time, would you rather SD have kept Eli or are you happy with the trade?
    "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

we had no choice but to trade him.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by baphamet View Post
      we had no choice but to trade him.
      This^^^

It isn't that they WANTED Rivers over Eli, it was just Eli didn't want to play there so they had to make the trade.

The Chargers actually got really lucky that Rivers ended up being good also. He just as easily could have ended up like Jimmy Clausen.

Comment

Well if I was a Chargers fan, I'd rather have Eli obviously, and if I'm Eli, I'd rather play on a team other than the Chargers. So it worked out for Eli, and it didn't work out for the Chargers obviously Joke of an organazation they are and always will be.
        :salute: :goz: :salute:

Comment

I'm saying in a perfect world, where Eli doesn't demand a trade, do you take Eli or Rivers, Kaeding, or Merriman?
          "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

Probably the 2nd.

Not being a meanie, but quite frankly, Eli just didn't wanna play for SD, no idea why, don't remember, but it worked out for both teams long-term.

Comment

Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
              Probably the 2nd.

Not being a meanie, but quite frankly, Eli just didn't wanna play for SD, no idea why, don't remember, but it worked out for both teams long-term.
              I agree, it seems that even though the Chargers haven't won anything to this point, the trade worked out and there's no reason to believe Rivers will never win a SB. You never know what would've happened had Eli went to SD, for all we know the situation could have ended up worse for SD and Rivers would've won SB(s) with NYG.

Comment

Originally posted by HUMCALC View Post
                If you could go back in time, would you rather SD have kept Eli or are you happy with the trade?
                I'm very happy with the trade. The players they got outside of Rivers? Well sometimes things just don't go your way...

Originally posted by InElwayWeTrust View Post
                It isn't that they WANTED Rivers over Eli, it was just Eli didn't want to play there so they had to make the trade.

The Chargers actually got really lucky that Rivers ended up being good also. He just as easily could have ended up like Jimmy Clausen.
                Bingo.

Originally posted by BroncosPWNn00bs View Post
                Well if I was a Chargers fan, I'd rather have Eli obviously, and if I'm Eli, I'd rather play on a team other than the Chargers. So it worked out for Eli, and it didn't work out for the Chargers obviously Joke of an organazation they are and always will be.
                It's obvious only to you, please do explain why.

Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
                Nothing mean about that at all. The story goes that Archie Manning did not want his son to play for the Chargers because he heard stories of how Ryan Leaf was treated. He had absolutely no confidence in the Chargers as an organization (an opinion we share it would seem) and said his son WOULD NOT play for them if the Chargers drafted him. So a draft-day deal was worked out between the Giants and Chargers, and here we are today. I wonder if Archie still thinks it was the Chargers who went about it wrong with Ryan Leaf.

That is how I recall it, if anyone knows better please say so...All the seasons blend together these days.

Originally posted by TRUEBRONCOFAN24 View Post
                I agree, it seems that even though the Chargers haven't won anything to this point, the trade worked out and there's no reason to believe Rivers will never win a SB. You never know what would've happened had Eli went to SD, for all we know the situation could have ended up worse for SD and Rivers would've won SB(s) with NYG.
                A plain speakin', fair thinkin' Bronco fan when it comes to Rivers?...Must be a full-moon tonight.
                sigpic

Comment

You right! Eli spoke in riddles not to go there and SD sense it!! they had no choice! If not for that it would of been a whole lot different!!
                  sigpic

Comment

Every year is the same thing with SD and the cowboys! Oh they have a shot to go all the way or oh watch out for them this year, Blah Blah Blah!
                    sigpic

Comment

Eli didn't want to play in SD because it wasn't a big enough market, unlike the NYG

Comment

Originally posted by Puddleglum View Post
                        A plain speakin', fair thinkin' Bronco fan when it comes to Rivers?...Must be a full-moon tonight.
                        Rivers has earned my respect, he's really not the bad guy that so many immature Bronco fans make him out to be (I am guilty of this as well but I learned my lesson). Still prefer beating him 10/10 times but he is definitely a great quarterback. Although I realize maybe I'm being so nice about Rivers because he helped us get into the playoffs last season...

Comment

Rivers is awesome. Eli is a doofus.

Rivers owns both Mannings. The trade was perfect.
                          SHOCKED by Donktown disdain toward TEBOW. He saved your 2011.

Comment

Originally posted by Nordstrom View Post
                            Rivers is awesome. Eli is a doofus.

Rivers owns both Mannings. The trade was perfect.
                            I hope that he continues to own Peyton for years to come. However to be fair, you don't hoist a Lombardi just by beating the Mannings either

Comment

I thought it was because he didnt want to play in the AFC like Peyton

Comment

Working...
                              X