Week 9, the streak ends

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week 9, the streak ends

The Bengals' chance for redemption comes on Nov. 4.

That's when the Denver Broncos will return to Paul Brown Stadium to face the Cincinnati Bengals. And the Bengals will have one thing on their minds: Revenge.

The last time the Bengals faced the Broncos was in Denver in 2011, and it was just the second game of the season for a rookie QB-WR tandem in Andy Dalton and A.J Green. The Broncos got the best of Cincy in the first half, and while we took the second half, we couldn't put enough thumb on the scale to pull out the win. Before that, it was that stomach-turning Stokely catch. We haven't won in the series since 2004, when Chad schooled Champ on MNF.

A lot has changed since that game. You went through the Tebow regime, got sick of all his annoying fans and signed Peyton Manning, whereafter you unceremoniously dumped that overrated non-passing quarterback to the Jets, who we all know are not exactly what you would call... smart.

Manning's a great addition, and I completely recognize that. i can't talk junk about getting Peyton Manning, because know that dude, he's going to come back with a vengeance. I think a lot of both Decker and Thomas, and I think they'll really show what they can do when they have an elite quarterback throwing to them.

But all is not well in Denver. The offensive line remains an issue. J.D. Walton is freaking terrible, and the Broncos better think about how they're going to keep Manning safe. I'm thinking short routes in the passing game, which could work. But there will be times when the ineffectiveness of your offensive line starts to show up. And that will hold true for the running game as well.

So, did you hear about our draft? It was pretty good. One of your fellow forum members commented, "The Bengals draft made me cry because i wanted the broncos to have that, they basicaly grabbed 5 first round player from the 1st to 5th round." See the same thread for more gushing about our draft. And there's a good reason for the sentiment.

That draft? We owned it. We got better everywhere. Everywhere! It's incredible. Know what's awesome? Oakland being freaking stupid. That's what's awesome. The Palmer trade made this so, so good. Two first-round picks, two solid pickups. The Kirkpatrick pick was a no-brainer. Him and Hall manning the flats? Fine by me. And trading back for a third and still getting Zeitler? That... that works, considering guard was our most glaring weak spot last season. Problem solved.

After that, players just seemed to inexplicably slip right into our laps. Still in the second, Sanu and Thompson in the third, Charles in the fourth and Jones in the fifth? Seriously? C'mon. I spent that entire weekend in disbelief. Here it is, June, and the fantasy nut's draft is about to turn into a reality.

The defense is better. Add Devon Still and Brandon Thompson to a rotation that includes Geno Atkins and Domata Peko, and you're talking about a rotation that is well-equipped to defend anything the offense throws at it. George Iloka joins an already fierce competition between Taylor Mays and Robert Sands at strong safety, and Vontaze Burfict is going to push Rey Maualuga to a new level, unless, that is, he takes the job and runs with it.

As for the offense? Wow. Benson's gone, in favor of Benjarvus Green-Ellis, also known as he-who-never-fumbles. Check the Pats' message board thread to gauge how their fans felt about the guy. No one has a bad thing to say about him. Add to the mix Sanu, Charles and Jones to the passing game and Herron to the running game, and you've got an interesting mix of new weapons for Andy Dalton to play with. The offensive line becomes one of the best in the league with the additions at both guard positions. Sick.

A full set of OTAS and camp for Dalton, Green and the rest of our core? Great. We're set. We're good. This is going to be a good season. And you get us in Cincinnati, coming off a bye. This is the year we take you down.
    HEAR ME ROAR!
    sigpic
    Thanks to Freyaka for the great sig!

Yes, I'm bored. Come get some.
    HEAR ME ROAR!
    sigpic

Comment

But all is not well in Denver.

Trust me my man. All is well. All is very very well.

After the awful McD years we now have - Elway, Fox, Del Rio and McCoy (who interviewed for HC positions).

We have an abundance of young talent on both sides of the ball.

We have stability at the QB position with PM here for 3-4 years and our 2nd round pick able to just sit and learn slowly.

DT blew up Pittsburgh and is blowing up OTA's with Manning, and we have the electric Hillman.

I'll give you Walton though. He's not great and needs to step up or Blake may replace him.

Should be a good game in week 9.

Comment

And that's all I have to say about that.

Comment

Originally posted by jetrazor74 View Post

And that's all I have to say about that.
          haha that's WhoDey?

Comment

Dude you say the same thing every time before we play and it never happens. It's kind of funny

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Your right our streak does end. Yup are streak of hard games end then we get a new streak of easy games starting week 9

Adopted Broncos:
                (2011-2013) Eric Decker
                (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
                (2019-Current) Drew Lock
                Adopted posters:
                Everyone

Comment

My gut tells me this game is gonna be a carefree party at Mile High for Broncos fans.
                  SHOCKED by Donktown disdain toward TEBOW. He saved your 2011.

Comment

Except this game's at Paul Brown Stadium. The last time we played at our place, the Broncos got RIDICULOUSLY LUCKY, and anyone who says different is wrong. We host the game. We'll be coming off the bye. We'll be ready for you.

I've yet to hear why anyone thinks the Broncos can beat the Bengals.
                    HEAR ME ROAR!
                    sigpic

Comment

We'll bring in Ochocinco just to get some insight on you.

That's how.

Mark it down.
                      Thanks, Reid!
                      sigpic
                      Click on my sig to read JetRazor's and my story. Or PM me with any questions.

Comment

Originally posted by LordTrychon View Post
                        We'll bring in Ochocinco just to get some insight on you.

That's how.

Mark it down.

:thumb:

Good luck with that.
                        HEAR ME ROAR!
                        sigpic

Comment

Well, I have to admit... this is your time... you're ridiculously strong...

No seriously.

Your smack talk is always strongest right around this time of year. Never ceases to amaze me.

Seriously though... if we were going to bring in a receiver just to beat you... it would be Stokely. Wait... we did that already.

Thanks to your wonderful team, Kyle Orton got a win. You know how many times he managed that for us last year? lol.

In all honesty... I think you've got a good team this year. Dangerous even... to some teams.

But until I see it happen, it's going to be hard to see the Bengals beating the Broncos. It's been so long, I don't remember what it feels like. Kinda makes it hard to argue against.

You follow football a lot closer than I do this time of year, and you have a great ability to remember every move you see, and stats about players... it's almost as impressive as your springtime smack. Add in your ability to google... and well, that's what makes you so fun.

I don't follow your team as closely as you follow mine... so I'll have to look to some people that do... Vegas has you at a 30 to 1 shot at the Superbowl. (Relative to our 12 to 1). To be safe, I checked a second site, and they had you at 40 to 1.

I like our chances. Try to keep your friends' tears out of my German beer afterwards this time, mkay?

Thanks, Reid!
                          sigpic
                          Click on my sig to read JetRazor's and my story. Or PM me with any questions.

Comment

No revenge here! A lot has change with us this year so it might just be a beat down this time around! lol, and besides its on my B-day, so it wont happen!!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by WhoDeyBengals View Post
                              Except this game's at Paul Brown Stadium. The last time we played at our place, the Broncos got RIDICULOUSLY LUCKY, and anyone who says different is wrong. We host the game. We'll be coming off the bye. We'll be ready for you.

I've yet to hear why anyone thinks the Broncos can beat the Bengals.
                              Honestly it's a bit hard to take your post serious, I do agree that we beat you by luck in 09 but we beat you fair and square last year with Orton who torched your defense. Maybe the Bengals had a good draft but that doesn't mean you can guarantee a win against Denver, nor can you say a guard who has never played a down in the NFL is an immediate fix to one of the team's weaknesses. Maybe he will be, but only time will tell. Your argument really doesn't have much logic therefore it doesn't deserve any kind of real rebuttal from a Denver fan. Sounds like any typical homer pumping their team up and guaranteeing a win with no real solid proof to support it. I also found it funny how you try to act as if Ben Jarvis Green Ellis is such a huge upgrade over Benson, not that he's bad but he's hardly an upgrade (on the field at least).

Comment

Working...
                              X