Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TRUEBRONCOFAN24
    replied
    Yeah this thread really went somewhere, looks like a lot of people really care about this great matchup and the awesome smack by WhoDey

Leave a comment:

• SoundsOfSuccess
    replied

Smh..

Leave a comment:

• HUMCALC
    replied
    Originally posted by BroncosPWNn00bs View Post
    at saying we got " Rediculously lucky" in that Bengals game in 09. Thats strange because I thought the Bengals got extremely lucky to take the 7-6 lead vs us. We were winning the whole entire game, and should have been up 9-0, had we not have gotten a holding call late in the 4th quarter that pushed us out of easy FG Range. So Bengals were definitely lucky to take a 7-6 lead. But in the end, it worked out, and we won as we were suppose to.
    Maybee he's thinking of the Christmas game in '06

Leave a comment:

• BroncosPWNn00bs
    replied
    at saying we got " Rediculously lucky" in that Bengals game in 09. Thats strange because I thought the Bengals got extremely lucky to take the 7-6 lead vs us. We were winning the whole entire game, and should have been up 9-0, had we not have gotten a holding call late in the 4th quarter that pushed us out of easy FG Range. So Bengals were definitely lucky to take a 7-6 lead. But in the end, it worked out, and we won as we were suppose to.

Leave a comment:

• HUMCALC
    replied
    Originally posted by WhoDeyBengals View Post
    The Bengals' chance for redemption comes on Nov. 4.

That's when the Denver Broncos will return to Paul Brown Stadium to face the Cincinnati Bengals. And the Bengals will have one thing on their minds: Revenge.

The last time the Bengals faced the Broncos was in Denver in 2011, and it was just the second game of the season for a rookie QB-WR tandem in Andy Dalton and A.J Green. The Broncos got the best of Cincy in the first half, and while we took the second half, we couldn't put enough thumb on the scale to pull out the win. Before that, it was that stomach-turning Stokely catch. We haven't won in the series since 2004, when Chad schooled Champ on MNF.

A lot has changed since that game. You went through the Tebow regime, got sick of all his annoying fans and signed Peyton Manning, whereafter you unceremoniously dumped that overrated non-passing quarterback to the Jets, who we all know are not exactly what you would call... smart.

Manning's a great addition, and I completely recognize that. i can't talk junk about getting Peyton Manning, because know that dude, he's going to come back with a vengeance. I think a lot of both Decker and Thomas, and I think they'll really show what they can do when they have an elite quarterback throwing to them.

But all is not well in Denver. The offensive line remains an issue. J.D. Walton is freaking terrible, and the Broncos better think about how they're going to keep Manning safe. I'm thinking short routes in the passing game, which could work. But there will be times when the ineffectiveness of your offensive line starts to show up. And that will hold true for the running game as well.

So, did you hear about our draft? It was pretty good. One of your fellow forum members commented, "The Bengals draft made me cry because i wanted the broncos to have that, they basicaly grabbed 5 first round player from the 1st to 5th round." See the same thread for more gushing about our draft. And there's a good reason for the sentiment.

That draft? We owned it. We got better everywhere. Everywhere! It's incredible. Know what's awesome? Oakland being freaking stupid. That's what's awesome. The Palmer trade made this so, so good. Two first-round picks, two solid pickups. The Kirkpatrick pick was a no-brainer. Him and Hall manning the flats? Fine by me. And trading back for a third and still getting Zeitler? That... that works, considering guard was our most glaring weak spot last season. Problem solved.

After that, players just seemed to inexplicably slip right into our laps. Still in the second, Sanu and Thompson in the third, Charles in the fourth and Jones in the fifth? Seriously? C'mon. I spent that entire weekend in disbelief. Here it is, June, and the fantasy nut's draft is about to turn into a reality.

The defense is better. Add Devon Still and Brandon Thompson to a rotation that includes Geno Atkins and Domata Peko, and you're talking about a rotation that is well-equipped to defend anything the offense throws at it. George Iloka joins an already fierce competition between Taylor Mays and Robert Sands at strong safety, and Vontaze Burfict is going to push Rey Maualuga to a new level, unless, that is, he takes the job and runs with it.

As for the offense? Wow. Benson's gone, in favor of Benjarvus Green-Ellis, also known as he-who-never-fumbles. Check the Pats' message board thread to gauge how their fans felt about the guy. No one has a bad thing to say about him. Add to the mix Sanu, Charles and Jones to the passing game and Herron to the running game, and you've got an interesting mix of new weapons for Andy Dalton to play with. The offensive line becomes one of the best in the league with the additions at both guard positions. Sick.

A full set of OTAS and camp for Dalton, Green and the rest of our core? Great. We're set. We're good. This is going to be a good season. And you get us in Cincinnati, coming off a bye. This is the year we take you down.
    I want you guys to win, but IMHO you need another RB to ease some of the pressure off of the Law Firm

Leave a comment:

• BroncoFanNC
    replied

Leave a comment:

• TRUEBRONCOFAN24
    replied
    This is what smack has turned into? There's plenty of logic in my argument. You just don't read so good.

Yeah, there are some rookies that are coming in that we'll be relying on. But you're forgetting we also picked up G Travelle Wharton in free agency, who will fix the problem at right guard. Livings and McGlynn are both gone, and good riddance to them. The real story on offense is the addition of so many weapons. Gone are the receivers with questionable hands and bad routes, here are the rookies who run precise routes and make acrobatic catches. You guys go ahead and enjoy Andre Caldwell. We won't miss him.
    It seems to me that you're just setting yourself up for disappointment but we'll see what happens, the Bengals definitely have the potential to be a good team next season, I do acknowledge that. Also, this is not "what smack has turned into", I just figured your initial post wasn't entirely serious because I found it to be pretty funny so I'm not really trying to "smack talk" here. It's just funny how you are expecting Bronco fans to "smack talk" when there is no rivalry between our teams at all and this game really doesn't mean much to most Bronco fans, other than the fact that it's a game we will need to win just like every other game.
    Last edited by TRUEBRONCOFAN24; 06-08-2012, 04:59 PM.

Leave a comment:

• bronx_2003
    replied
    In all seriousness, this is how I view the Bengals.

It will be a tough game, mainly because its on the road against a decent team.

Your D will drive the team this year IMO, it should be solid. I really like Dre and Still, but maybe this is a team that will be a SB contender in 2-3 years, espeically with Dalton gaining more experience too.

So I think you could give Manning problems and your best chance of winning will be getting TO's.

Its your offense thats the problem IMO and it won't scare many teams. Not talking smack, just being honest in how I see it.

Green is already and top 10 receiver, could be top 5 this year, but outside of him.......................

Your running game won't scare anyone, our run D is the question mark, but BJGE, Scott and whoever else won't be a major factor IMO.

Your targets are iffy. Green is very good but will be against Champ so it will be a good battle, even if Green has some success he won't light Champ up, that hardly ever happens.

The rest of your receivers are young and unproven.

If Gresham is healthy he could win match-ups, but I doubt will be a match winner.

I like Dalton as a solid QB, but not in the same mold as Newton, he will probably be solid but I doubt will torch us.

With your lack of a running game it plays into our hands with Doom and Von Miller, and Champ and Porter.

I see a defensive battle, a tight game that could go either way.

Our main advantage will be if we get up by 2 TD's. We unleash the pass rushers and I'm not sure your O can really kill our D.

If we fall behind by 14 then we know PM can bring us back.

Leave a comment:

• jetrazor74
    replied
    Except this game's at Paul Brown Stadium. The last time we played at our place, the Broncos got RIDICULOUSLY LUCKY, and anyone who says different is wrong. We host the game. We'll be coming off the bye. We'll be ready for you.

I've yet to hear why anyone thinks the Broncos can beat the Bengals.
    Lucky, okay.

"RIDICULOUSLY LUCKY" is a little much.

They practice tip drills for a reason, brother. He put himself in the right place just as he was trained to do. Guess what?

Leave a comment:

• ERoyal248
    replied
    Bengals had a MONSTER draft.

Dre, the G, Sanu, Still, Thompson, the S from Boise, and others.

Love them getting BJGE, gonna be a tough game, but not impossible.

Can't really disagree with much though.

Leave a comment:

• dsmith275
    replied
    The Broncos managed to beat the Bengals in 2009 with Josh McDaniels leading us and last year with Orton as our QB. Now We have Manning this year. I think you know were I am going with this. WHO DEY? Broncos!

Leave a comment:

• beastlyskronk
    replied
    Law Firm averaged 3.7 ypc last year, I wouldn't expect him to average much more. Scott was largely unimpressive last year. Yes, Cincy had a very good draft, but rookie DBs usually don't do so well their rookie season. I wouldn't expect Kirkpatrick to be a shutdown CB this year, he'll probably get burned quite a few times. And I don't like your secondary in general outside of Hall and Kirkpatrick. If you're expecting something out of Newman, then you'll be disappointed. Mays, Iloka, and Sands are battling for a starting job, and honestly Iloka would probably be your best bet, but none of them are very good in coverage. I guess Reggie Nelson is alright. Burfict will get abused his rookie year if he plays a lot, Mauluga isn't that good in coverage either. At LB you have an Oakland reject in Thomas Howard and a San Francisco bust in Manny Lawson. Meh. Your d-line is strong although Still and Thompson won't have much of an impact at all their rookie year. Thompson is a 2 down run stuffer so he'll struggle to get on the field, Still has potential to be a good pass rusher but he won't be his rookie year.

And Von Miller will eat up Andre Smith. Dumervil will probably give Whitworth some trouble too. Plus he'll be moved around a bit so I expect to see him run around Andre Smith as well. And if all goes well we'll have Thomas and DJ Williams playing this time. Decker ate you guys up last year with no one opposite of him, can't wait to see Thomas. Woodyard also had 13 tackles that game in DJ's absence. I fully expect McGahee to run for over 100 yards again against you guys.

Leave a comment:

• Yakka27
    replied
    Consider what they did without an offseason. Now that they've got a full slate of OTAs and camps together, I think if anything, they'll be even better.

As for the rest, here's how it looks right now. The No. 2 receiver position will come down to either Armon Binns, who is a CFA we picked up after the 2011 draft, Brandon Tate or Mohamed Sanu. Right now, Binns has the inside track. Don't let the fact he went undrafted fool you. He's very, very good. But I can see Sanu overtaking both Binns and Tate. He's got the ability to step in and play. Precise routes, great hands, very physical.

In the slot, it's probably Shipley returning. He's almost 100 percent, and I expect he'll be a factor in three-receiver sets.

The really interesting thing is at the TE position. Obviously, Gresham's our best, but add Orson Charles to the mix and you've got yourself the makings of a very, very dangerous 1-2 punch, similar to what the Pats were doing with Hernandez and Gronkowski last year. Those two-TE sets let you do a lot more to surprise the defense, especially when you roll with two TE, one WR and two RB that can catch (which is why Law Firm is an upgrade over Benson — that and fumbles).

Simpson and Caldwell won't be missed, because neither one is a very good route runner. Simpson would flat-out forget what he was supposed to do and improvise. Caldwell's got below-average hands and lacks elite speed. We needed to go back to the drawing board with these two.

We have some other options at WR in Andrew Hawkins and Ryan Whalen. Both are small, shifty, fast guys that can use their athleticism to pick up lots of YAC. And that's not even to mention Marvin Jones... we're in good shape at receiver.
    I don't know man, it sounds like you are banking on a lot these kids to be really good and productive. They haven't even played a down of NFL Football yet.

Leave a comment:

• PunchDrunk
    replied
    Von Miller is going to be up in Daltons grill so much, you're going to have to call him gingivitis.

That's why the Broncos are going to win this game.

Leave a comment:

• WhoDeyBengals
    replied
    Originally posted by Yakka27 View Post
    What about the offense? Lost Jerome Simpson and Andre Caldwell. Will Dalton or AJ Green have Sophomore slump?
    Consider what they did without an offseason. Now that they've got a full slate of OTAs and camps together, I think if anything, they'll be even better.

As for the rest, here's how it looks right now. The No. 2 receiver position will come down to either Armon Binns, who is a CFA we picked up after the 2011 draft, Brandon Tate or Mohamed Sanu. Right now, Binns has the inside track. Don't let the fact he went undrafted fool you. He's very, very good. But I can see Sanu overtaking both Binns and Tate. He's got the ability to step in and play. Precise routes, great hands, very physical.

In the slot, it's probably Shipley returning. He's almost 100 percent, and I expect he'll be a factor in three-receiver sets.

The really interesting thing is at the TE position. Obviously, Gresham's our best, but add Orson Charles to the mix and you've got yourself the makings of a very, very dangerous 1-2 punch, similar to what the Pats were doing with Hernandez and Gronkowski last year. Those two-TE sets let you do a lot more to surprise the defense, especially when you roll with two TE, one WR and two RB that can catch (which is why Law Firm is an upgrade over Benson — that and fumbles).

Simpson and Caldwell won't be missed, because neither one is a very good route runner. Simpson would flat-out forget what he was supposed to do and improvise. Caldwell's got below-average hands and lacks elite speed. We needed to go back to the drawing board with these two.

We have some other options at WR in Andrew Hawkins and Ryan Whalen. Both are small, shifty, fast guys that can use their athleticism to pick up lots of YAC. And that's not even to mention Marvin Jones... we're in good shape at receiver.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X