Elvis dumbervil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NFLfan..MLBzzzz View Post
    I still dont understand why many of you are so shocked when this kinda stuff happens. Do you really think they got into college cause they were smart? Many of these guys would be making minimum wage if they could play professional sports.
    Thats probably the most ignorant thing Ive ever read. You wouldnt dare say that to anyones face in the NFL. Yes there are players that may not be as smart as others but that's the world we live in. Its not just the NFL or professional sports, its the world.
    Last edited by AllEyezOnZach27; 07-16-2012, 08:48 PM.
    sigpic

Comment

I still dont understand why many of you are so shocked when this kinda stuff happens. Do you really think they got into college cause they were smart? Many of these guys would be making minimum wage if they could play professional sports.
      Says the guy who missed the quotations around college educated, and the rolling eyes smiley that's animated. lol
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Joshecalpoly View Post
        Well gun laws in every state are different especially in Florida where they are considered extremely laxed. In some states he might of gotten charged with failing to report having a gun available. However, since it was secure and not on him their is nothing charged with that.

In any place where a person “has a right to be,” that person has “no duty to retreat” if attacked and may “meet force with force, including deadly force if he or she reasonably believes it is necessary to do so to prevent death or great bodily harm to himself or herself or another to prevent the commission of a forcible felony.”

In Florida it can be agued based on the "stand your ground laws" that if you are threatened you have the right to do the same. From what I understand its not uncommon for this argument to exist, and if they can establish they are being threatened then it can be seen as "reasonable" force to threaten them back.

So for the most part your right. Yet in some states he would probably get it knocked down to aggravated assualt if he was confrunted.
        read the last part of my post you quoted, i agree with you if he was threatened or if the other guy was coming at him and elvis was trying to warn him to stay back.

but you cant just pull out your firearm (showing it is the same thing as pulling it out and pointing it at him) if you get in a heated argument, that is assault in any state.
        Last edited by baphamet; 07-16-2012, 09:52 PM.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Thors Hammer View Post
          I never understood why professional football players felt the need to carry firearms. Some of the baddest men on the planet need to hide behind a piece.
          any responsible person should be able to own a firearm to protect themselves and professional athletes are targets. i don't care how bad ass you are, if the other person has a weapon and you don't, what then?

most legal gun owners are responsible and know the laws, they know when its okay to carry a gun and when its necessary to use it.

did elvis even have a permit to carry a concealed weapon? if he did then he should have known better because in most states you are required to take training classes to even get your permit.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AllEyezOnZach27 View Post
            Well if Sean Taylor had a gun the night he was shot and killed, he probably would be alive today and still playing in the NFL.

Players are targets for robberys and stick ups. Javon Walker, kicker Matt Bryant, Steve Smith (Giant), Marty Gilyard, etc, etc have all been robbed and/or beaten up by people. Dont they have the right to defend themselves? As long as the gun is licensed and legal, why is it a big deal?
            totally agree, athletes should not be discouraged from owning legal firearms, they need to be responsible and have the proper training to use it.

i think the issue is a lot of NFL players are in their 20's and still immature and not responsible enough to own a gun.
            Last edited by baphamet; 07-16-2012, 09:51 PM.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kishzilla View Post
              Says the guy who missed the quotations around college educated, and the rolling eyes smiley that's animated. lol
              Says the guy who wrote 6 paragraphs trying to understand why it happened to another NFL player. Let me guess....you went to college on a sports scholarship to didnt you???

Comment

Originally posted by AllEyezOnZach27 View Post
                Thats probably the most ignorant thing Ive ever read. You wouldnt dare say that to anyones face in the NFL. Yes there are players that may not be as smart as others but that's the world we live in. Its not just the NFL or professional sports, its the world.
                Just how is it so ignorant? With all the crap that happened to Plaxico you would think players in the league would get the memo. Sorry to say yes I would call you dumb if you are stupid enough to risk millions of dollars cause you feel the need to waive a gun at someone.

Comment

Says the guy who wrote 6 paragraphs trying to understand why it happened to another NFL player. Let me guess....you went to college on a sports scholarship to didnt you???
                  Where did you get the impression I had trouble understanding what happened and why?

Pretty clear to anyone not as stupid as Dumervil that I was saying him doing that was frustrating for someone that manages to stay out of trouble with less resources at their disposal. Guess you should make sure you try to stay away from cars and firearms. Don't wanna end up in the pokey on some assault charges
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by baphamet View Post
                    any responsible person should be able to own a firearm to protect themselves and professional athletes are targets. i don't care how bad ass you are, if the other person has a weapon and you don't, what then?

most legal gun owners are responsible and know the laws, they know when its okay to carry a gun and when its necessary to use it.

did elvis even have a permit to carry a concealed weapon? if he did then he should have known better because in most states you are required to take training classes to even get your permit.
                    I get what you're saying, and I have no problem if a player goes through the proper training to carry a gun. I guess what really pisses me off is that these star athletes keep putting themseles in this type of position. You're a Pro Bowl defensive end in the NFL, and you get that upset over being cut off on the road? There was no reason for him to get out of his car and put himself in a confrontation like that. Just walk away Elvis, you're smarter than that.
                    sigpic

Adopted Posters:
                    Broncbeat - 80stheman - kmcgough25 - InsaneBlaze 23
                    Adopted By:
                    Broncoholic JS & 80stheman
                    Broncbeat

Comment

Originally posted by baphamet View Post

Agree completely, and Floridas only permits are required if you have a concealed weapon, which in this case they would be considered as such. Though from what I understand its not to difficult to get a permit and no classes are required as they should be.

Though people have a right to protect themselves their is a time and place, and to many times do these athletes put themselves in situations where they think its necessary to carry a gun and sometimes use it. Also this idea that you should holster a gun by a waist band makes these idiots prove they have little understanding of gun safety and only care about looking gangster half the time.
                      2016 Draft: http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...aft-Watch-list

Comment

The radio just said we have the 3rd most arrests since 2000. Vikings are first and Bengals second.....
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoFanNC View Post
                          The radio just said we have the 3rd most arrests since 2000. Vikings are first and Bengals second.....
                          The Love Boat...
                          sigpic

Adopted Posters:
                          Broncbeat - 80stheman - kmcgough25 - InsaneBlaze 23
                          Adopted By:
                          Broncoholic JS & 80stheman
                          Broncbeat

Comment

Originally posted by Thors Hammer View Post
                            The Love Boat...
                            I think that only counts for 6 arrests heh
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoFanNC View Post
                              And we give the raiders fanbase hell.....
                              sigpic

Comment

Here's a list of all - http://sportingcharts.com/articles/n...ince-2000.aspx

We have 2x as many as the Raiders..
                                sigpic
                                2019 Adopted Bronco: Phillip Lindsay
                                2013 Adopt-a-poster: #87Birdman, AZ Snake Fan,
                                BSD, Housh, Humcalc and Sophia

Comment

Working...
                                X