Elvis dumbervil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MarkB View Post
    Here's a list of all - http://sportingcharts.com/articles/n...ince-2000.aspx

We have 2x as many as the Raiders..
    Nearly 5x as the Jets, I wonder if we looked at it by the amount of players or the amount of convictions, would the story pan out.

Also, I dont know if they are counting ex-Players. The Raiders have many players who once they leave the team have gotten charged for drug possession and robbery.
    2016 Draft: http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...aft-Watch-list

Comment

Originally posted by Thors Hammer View Post
      I get what you're saying, and I have no problem if a player goes through the proper training to carry a gun. I guess what really pisses me off is that these star athletes keep putting themseles in this type of position. You're a Pro Bowl defensive end in the NFL, and you get that upset over being cut off on the road? There was no reason for him to get out of his car and put himself in a confrontation like that. Just walk away Elvis, you're smarter than that.
      oh yeah, definitely agree with you there. i think a lot of these star athletes are too immature to own guns and tom make matters worse a lot of them have sky high ego's and think they are untouchable.

you would think that they would learn from everyone else's mistakes that get plastered all over the media and end up getting suspensions and what not.

i have to wonder if he had a permit to carry it or not because if he didn't then just having the guns in the car was pretty dumb to begin with.

if he did have a permit he should have been very familiar with the laws and should have known better to do what he did.

either way it was a pretty stupid move.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Joshecalpoly View Post
        Nearly 5x as the Jets, I wonder if we looked at it by the amount of players or the amount of convictions, would the story pan out.

Also, I dont know if they are counting ex-Players. The Raiders have many players who once they leave the team have gotten charged for drug possession and robbery.
        its number of arrests and its pretty comical that the raiders have had the least amount of arrests in the division since 2000 lol

they are losing street cred but at least their fans are still living up to their reputation.
        sigpic

Comment

No those don't count, stop trying to stuff the box! When you don't have to make A "We are fully aware of the charges against..." speech to the public, you're in the clear.

Comment

Originally posted by baphamet View Post
            its number of arrests and its pretty comical that the raiders have had the least amount of arrests in the division since 2000 lol

they are losing street cred but at least their fans are still living up to their reputation.
            Can't be surprising when you put it in proper perspective. In this bling bling era, it's a league thing, not a team thing. Besides, I can't recall any of the badasses of yesteryear getting arrested at a rate like, say Brandon Marshall for example. I also can't recall any Raider slapping their momma.

Comment

Suddenly the situation isn't so cut and dry?

911 audio describes driver of white Impala "with gun," NOT Dumervil

In the 911 audio, the caller describes the driver of the OTHER car as "with a gun" and "pointing." She says it was the driver of the white Chevy Impala who had a gun and was pointing, NOT the silver Land Rover that Dumervil was driving (which isn't even mentioned in the call).

Click here to listen to the audio from the original 911 call.

I think it is certainly strange that the caller clearly describes the driver of the white Impala as being the one with the gun and pointing. If you listen to her, she doesn't seem to really know what is going on. But when asked by the dispatcher to confirm, she definitely says its the guy in the white Impala three times. Doesn't really change anything but at the very least, this shows it was a confusing situation.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
                Suddenly the situation isn't so cut and dry?

911 audio describes driver of white Impala "with gun," NOT Dumervil

In the 911 audio, the caller describes the driver of the OTHER car as "with a gun" and "pointing." She says it was the driver of the white Chevy Impala who had a gun and was pointing, NOT the silver Land Rover that Dumervil was driving (which isn't even mentioned in the call).

Click here to listen to the audio from the original 911 call.

I think it is certainly strange that the caller clearly describes the driver of the white Impala as being the one with the gun and pointing. If you listen to her, she doesn't seem to really know what is going on. But when asked by the dispatcher to confirm, she definitely says its the guy in the white Impala three times. Doesn't really change anything but at the very least, this shows it was a confusing situation.
                it is possible they both could have been doing it, did the other guy get charged with anything?
                sigpic

Comment

I thought the Brokos had a director of player probation and discipline position? Did Elway do away with it when he took over?
                  Sorry Denver Haters...I've been on an extended business trip....:thumb:

Comment

Originally posted by NFLfan..MLBzzzz View Post
                    Just how is it so ignorant? With all the crap that happened to Plaxico you would think players in the league would get the memo. Sorry to say yes I would call you dumb if you are stupid enough to risk millions of dollars cause you feel the need to waive a gun at someone.
                    You could say that about any crime any person commits. Everyone has something to lose when committing a crime, whether it be life, money, freedom, family/friends & personal possessions. You can talk about people in the NFL being stupid but I dont see you making fun or trashing someone like Bernie Madoff. The guy ruined more peoples lives than anyone in the NFL has ever done and he was a MULTI millionaire with an amazing education. He should have known better as well but he was just a bad egg. Bad eggs are all over the world, its not just the NFL or sports in general.

Yes I know the players in the NFL have a lot to lose but so does anyone working for a fortune 500 company and their employees commit crimes just like the rest of the world. I just think it is very ignorant to single out NFL players when something bad happens.
                    Last edited by AllEyezOnZach27; 07-17-2012, 11:12 PM.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by baphamet View Post
                      it is possible they both could have been doing it, did the other guy get charged with anything?
                      Not really sure because only one side of the story is being released....no one seems to care about the non-celebrities involved...
                      sigpic

Comment

Doom had a road rage incident 2 years ago on the Broncos parking lot, so having a history makes it more likely that they wouldnt believe his side of the story anyway. This also means they probably wont be as leniant on sentancing if it comes to that. This is also more likely to turn out against his favor due to his prior bad acts

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2012/7/1...denver-broncos

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news...19/detail.html

However, now that weve heard from Dumervil and the witness, if the gun does not have Dumervils prints on it, then likely only Aguste could be implicated in this since he took out his gun and his gun was not in a locked compartment.

Dumervil could argue since the gun was not his and the car was not his and he had no knowledge of the gun being in that compartment that he was not a main aggressor in the case and that with the Agustes gun drawn the eye witness was under deress and could not positively tell whether he had pulled his gun out they were under deress and thus they couldnt positively tell whether he had or not. Since the 3rd party witness only saw 1 man with a gun Aguste is likely to have the blame fall on him since all witnesses I.Ded him as being the one to use a weapon and he had a weapon out in his car
                        Last edited by Joshecalpoly; 07-18-2012, 10:27 AM.

Comment

Doom had a road rage incident 2 years ago on the Broncos parking lot, so having a history makes it more likely that they wouldnt believe his side of the story anyway. This also means they probably wont be as leniant on sentancing if it comes to that. This is also more likely to turn out against his favor due to his prior bad acts

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2012/7/1...denver-broncos

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news...19/detail.html

However, now that weve heard from Dumervil and the witness, if the gun does not have Dumervils prints on it, then likely only Aguste could be implicated in this since he took out his gun and his gun was not in a locked compartment.

Dumervil could argue since the gun was not his and the car was not his and he had no knowledge of the gun being in that compartment that he was not a main aggressor in the case and that with the Agustes gun drawn the eye witness was under deress and could not positively tell whether he had pulled his gun out they were under deress and thus they couldnt positively tell whether he had or not. Since the 3rd party witness only saw 1 man with a gun Aguste is likely to have the blame fall on him since all witnesses I.Ded him as being the one to use a weapon and he had a weapon out in his car
                          You mean prior bad acts that were dropped and he was never charged for? You mean the ones that the idiot security guard got him into because he wouldn't find someone to validate that it was in fact Doom because Doom didn't have his badge on game day? Those "prior bad acts" I love how everyone latches onto the "prior acts" as him having rage issues (not road rage issues mind you so check your facts) I would be rather pissed off too if I was at my place of work and forgot my badge and the gaurd wouldn't call a superior down to confirm my identity...
                          sigpic

Comment

Doom had a road rage incident 2 years ago on the Broncos parking lot
                            I'm not sure you have a firm grasp on what road rage is, nor on what happened in the Broncos parking lot.
                            sigpic
                            - ★ -
                            2012 Adopt a Bronco : Joe Mays

Comment

Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
                              You mean prior bad acts that were dropped and he was never charged for? You mean the ones that the idiot security guard got him into because he wouldn't find someone to validate that it was in fact Doom because Doom didn't have his badge on game day? Those "prior bad acts" I love how everyone latches onto the "prior acts" as him having rage issues (not road rage issues mind you so check your facts) I would be rather pissed off too if I was at my place of work and forgot my badge and the gaurd wouldn't call a superior down to confirm my identity...
                              True and since the incident was dropped it wont likely be used but the guy claiming he tried to run him over is something a lawyer for the prosecution might try to use regardless of the outcome.

Comment

Originally posted by sSync View Post
                                I'm not sure you have a firm grasp on what road rage is, nor on what happened in the Broncos parking lot.
                                If the parking attendant hadnt dropped the charges he might have gone to court for attempted vehicular assualt, that is a road rage incident. Like I said it may not be much but it can make the case more prejudicial towards him.

Comment

Working...
                                X