Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Didn't they use to call Tom Brady "Mr.Clutch" or something?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Didn't they use to call Tom Brady "Mr.Clutch" or something?

I think we should call him "Mr.Fumble",

Tom Brady Career Fumbles: 78 (36th all time)
    Tom Brady Career Fumbles Lost: 30 (7th all time)

As it can be seen, since the Patriots lost Adam Vinatieri (and the use of video Surveillance) Tom Brady isn't so "clutch" after all.

2006- Pats allow a historic comeback by the Indianapolis Colts in the AFCCG. Peyton Manning does what all Pats fans claimed he would never do and got his championship.

2007- Belicheat realizes without videotape of opposing defenses Brady needs big time weapons. He goes out and gets Moss and Welker countering the "more with less" argument Pats fans blathered about for years. The Pats are so mad because THEY cheated that they went out and demolished teams, punishing everyone they played for THEIR cheating. They complete a perfect regular season only to fall to another Manning in the SB in the most historic choke job of all time.

2009- Brady's back, that means another SB guaranteed right? WRONG! Brady comes back scared of his own shadow, leads the Pats to the exact same record Cassel did just one year before, and they go ONE AND DONE in the playoffs against the Ravens. Mr. Brady fumbled the ball 3 times against Baltimore. Passing: T. Brady (NE) - 154 YDS, 2 TD, 3 INT .Fans sat in frozen silence. Barely into their seats, they saw the shocking truth on the scoreboard.Five minutes into the game, New England trailed the Baltimore Ravens 14-0. Just one minute later the crowd came to life, booing Tom Brady and his teammates.Tom Brady lost a fumble and was picked off three times. Brady looked like he was thinking more about photo sessions with farm animals and cheap cologne ads than being the leader of his football team.

2010- ONE AND DONE AGAIN!! This time they got destroyed by Mark Sanchez and Rex Ryan. Mr. "clutch" couldn't even score a TD. (I mean, seriously, if you have to cheat to beat the Jets, you are doing something wrong.)

2011- Lost as overwhelming favorites to the Giants....AGAIN!! Brady was less than stellar as he gave the game away on the very first play by stupidly throwing the ball away from his own endzone.

As you can see, when it comes time to step up in big games, Mr.Brady dosnt have what it takes.

In Super Bowl XXXVI;* The Patriots won the game on another Adam Vinatieri field goal as time expired
    In Super Bowl XXXVIII;* The Patriots won the game on another Adam Vinatieri field goal

In Super Bowl XXXIX;* Adam Vinatieri Gave the Patriots a 24-14 lead with a 22-yard field goal midway through the fourth quarter, a boot that ended up providing the Patriots' three-point margin of victory

Playoff game, against the Oakland Raiders;* They won on an Adam Vinatieri field goal in OT. The 2001-2002 AFC Divisional Playoff game, widely known as the "Tuck rule game"

(The 2001-2002 AFC Divisional Playoff game, widely known as the "Tuck rule game" (although also alternately known as "Snow Bowl," or, pejoratively, "Snow Job") was the playoff game between the New England Patriots and the Oakland Raiders. It took place on January 19, 2002 at Foxboro Stadium in Foxborough, Massachusetts, then the home stadium of the Patriots. The name "Tuck rule game" originates from the controversial game-changing play.
    Citing this rule, referee Walt Coleman determined that the rule applied because Brady's arm was moving forward before he decided not to release the ball and Brady had not subsequently "tucked" the ball into his body. Thus, the original call was overturned, and New England maintained possession despite Brady having both hands on the ball at the time of the sack.)

Brady has no unique skills. He's the beneficiary of a well-built team by Bill Belichik and Robert Kraft. He's the beneficiary of gutsy calls, cheating, and game-management by Belichik. Brady's the beneficiary of NFL rules to protect the passer that inflate stats, which cannot be denied.
    Brady didn't win those SB'S, lucky for you , you had a good kicker !
    If not for Vinatieri, the Patriots would have lost the Tuck Rule Game, and the Super Bowls against the Rams, Panthers, and Eagles. Vinatieri kicked the game-winning field goals against the Rams and Panthers, and kicked the go-ahead FG against the Eagles.

All that anyone has ever said in Brady's defense is he's "cool," in crunch time. Frankly, I must wonder, how hard is it to stay cool when you know that you're cheating?
    'Stay cool. We can't lose. We're cheating.'
    Ever since Spygate was exposed, Brady has lacked many of those "magical" drives that defined his early career, which would explain the Super Bowl debacle against the Giants in 2008.
    There are even clips of Brady saying, "Always cheat."
    Before Spygate, Brady was a cheater. After Spygate, he had the fortune of throwing to Randy Moss, whom has been involved in record setting offenses of the 1999 Vikings and the 2007 Patriots.
    Moreover, Moss also made Daunte Culpepper a star, whom challenged the single-season TD record in 2004, only for it to be taken by Peyton Manning.
    Difference being that the Patriots have no class. They ran up the score in 2007, many times.
    Stunningly, in 2004, Manning could have broken the record for TDs in a season against the Ravens, after Baltimore turned-over the ball in its red zone. Yet, Manning took a knee to end the game because the Colts did not need the points. After the game, Ray Lewis thanked Manning for not running-up the score.
    In 2009, we have seen Brady for what he really is; a classless shrew that laughed in the face of Lewis, because Brady knows that the NFL will protect his sorry butt to the detriment of other players.
    As well, you can't judge Brady by his Super Bowl rings in the argument for the Hall of Fame. The Hall has made a precedent of excluding players with multiple rings (Jim Plunkett, Terrell Davis, etc.) that don't have the stats they love, or who seem to be the product of a system or other forces.
    Brady has certainly benefited from forces other than his questionable abilities. You can't point to Brady's stats since 2007 without considering the impact of Randy Moss.
    And you can't look to Brady's stats before 2007 without considering the influence of Spygate and NFL rules that have inflated passing stats. You also can't look to Brady's Super Bowl "heroics" without considering Vinatieri and Spygate.
    Some might say that Moss stunk in Oakland, which is partly true, but it clearly resulted from a lack of desire. Moss submitted to the muckraking by Raider haters, and thus tuned out until he was traded.
    Personally, I think that the only quarterbacks from this era that belong in the Hall of Fame are Peyton Manning, Donovan McNabb, and maybe Kurt Warner. Maybe.
    The only Patriots that belong in the Hall of Fame are Robert Kraft, Bill Belichik, Adam Vinatieri, Corey Dillon, Willie McGinest, Richard Seymour, and Randy Moss.
    And that is why Tom Brady is clearly the most overrated quarterback of all time. Brady is the greatest quarterback, not by a mile.
    To believe such, is just delusion.
    "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Manning and Hell followed with him."

Manning vs. Brady: Numbers don't lie- Peyton is a more accurate QB, Tom is on a better team, Peyton gets rid of ball quicker, Tom is a better at cheating

Major Statistical Categories For A Quarterback

Touchdown Passes- Peyton Manning: 399 (3rd) Tom Brady: 300 (tied 5th)

Passes Completed- Peyton Manning: 4,682 (3rd) Tom Brady: 3,397 (12th)

Passing Yards- Peyton Manning: 54,828 (3rd) Tom Brady: 39,979 (14th)

Passer Rating- Peyton Manning:94.9 (6th) Tom Brady: 96.4 (4th)

Completion Percentage- Peyton Manning: 64.9% (5th) Tom Brady: 63.8% (9th)

Most consecutive starts by NFL QB- Peyton Manning:208 starts / 2nd all time.
    Tom Brady: 111 starts (4th) Will be passed by Eli in 8 games

Most Td's between a QB and WR:- Peyton Manning:Manning to Harrison 112/ 1st all time

Most Career Wins- Peyton Manning: 141/ 4th all time. Tom Brady: 124 (tied 5th)

Career Passing Yards per Game- Peyton Manning: 263.6 (2nd) Tom Brady: 248.3 (6th)

Net Yards Per Pass Attempt- Peyton Manning: 7.17 (4th) Tom Brady: 6.84 (11th)

Passes Completed Per Game- Peyton Manning:22.5 (2nd) Tom Brady: 21.1 (4th)

Career Pass Interception %- Peyton Manning: 2.7% (26th) Tom Brady: 2.2% (3rd)

Career Sacked %- Peyton Manning: 3.10% (2nd) Tom Brady: 4.93% (21st)

Career Game-Winning Drives- Peyton Manning: 46 (2nd) Tom Brady: 35 (6th)

Career Comebacks- Peyton Manning- 35 (2nd) Tom Brady: 25 (10th)

Career Passes Intercepted- Peyton Manning:198 (26th) Tom Brady: 115 (85th)

Career Fumbles- Peyton Manning: 57 (93rd) Tom Brady: 78 (36th)

Career Fumbles lost- Peyton Manning: 12 (36) Tom Brady: 30 (7)

Career pick sixes- Peyton Manning: 17 Tom Brady: 7

League MVP awards Peyton Manning- 4 (League record) Tom Brady: 2

Super Bowl MVP awards- Peyton Manning: 1 Tom Brady 2*

Most TD's in a season- Peyton Manning: 49 (2nd ) (Through 15 games 2004) Tom Brady: 50 (1st) (Through 16 games 2007)

Number of SuperBowls in question due to cheating- Peyton Manning:0 Tom Brady: *3 (1st all time)

The earliest safety in Super Bowl history: Tom Brady : 1
    "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Manning and Hell followed with him."

Comment

Is this a copypasta or did you write this?

Comment

Originally posted by RaiderFanSD View Post
        Is this a copypasta or did you write this?
        Its a little of both. I looked up all the stats myself, found some info about the tuck rule in some articles I read and copied some stuff about Moss and Ray Lewis. I posted this same thread over on a Colts forum a couple years ago, I just updated the stats and reposted it here.

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Comment

This might get more of a response in the smack section of a Patriots forum.

sigpic
              - ★ -
              2012 Adopt a Bronco : Joe Mays

Comment

Originally posted by Sync View Post
                This might get more of a response in the smack section of a Patriots forum.

LOL...I posted it over at Boston.com and the Mods removed it within 2 minutes. I guess they don't like to hear the truth over on the Patsie forums. I'm sure the Patsie trolls will be around here shortly, they can read it and cry then.

Comment

Its no secret that Brady becomes exposed when hes under pressure more then any other qb considered elite. Thats why they protect him with an O-line that has such big depth their backups could be our starters.
                  2016 Draft: http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...aft-Watch-list

Comment

I've definitely noticed the correlation in QB's that like to fumble alot and being called "clutch".
                    sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

You should write a book...

...oh wait, you just did.
                      sigpic

Adopted Posters:
                      Broncbeat - 80stheman - kmcgough25 - InsaneBlaze 23
                      Adopted By:
                      Broncoholic JS & 80stheman
                      Broncbeat

Comment

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
                        I've definitely noticed the correlation in QB's that like to fumble alot and being called "clutch".
                        Well the best way to be considered clutch is to have an end of the game comeback

to do that you need to be losing

to do that sometimes your opponents need a boost

to do that sometimes you need to turn it over

yet turning it over through int's looks bad for a QB

thus the overdramatic fumbles lmao its all a huge conspiracy man
                        2016 Draft: http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...aft-Watch-list

Comment

Originally posted by RedEyedJeti View Post
                          Manning vs. Brady: Numbers don't lie- Peyton is a more accurate QB, Tom is on a better team, Peyton gets rid of ball quicker, Tom is a better at cheating

Major Statistical Categories For A Quarterback

Touchdown Passes- Peyton Manning: 399 (3rd) Tom Brady: 300 (tied 5th)

Passes Completed- Peyton Manning: 4,682 (3rd) Tom Brady: 3,397 (12th)

Passing Yards- Peyton Manning: 54,828 (3rd) Tom Brady: 39,979 (14th)

Passer Rating- Peyton Manning:94.9 (6th) Tom Brady: 96.4 (4th)

Completion Percentage- Peyton Manning: 64.9% (5th) Tom Brady: 63.8% (9th)

Most consecutive starts by NFL QB- Peyton Manning:208 starts / 2nd all time.
                          Tom Brady: 111 starts (4th) Will be passed by Eli in 8 games

Most Td's between a QB and WR:- Peyton Manning:Manning to Harrison 112/ 1st all time

Most Career Wins- Peyton Manning: 141/ 4th all time. Tom Brady: 124 (tied 5th)

Career Passing Yards per Game- Peyton Manning: 263.6 (2nd) Tom Brady: 248.3 (6th)

Net Yards Per Pass Attempt- Peyton Manning: 7.17 (4th) Tom Brady: 6.84 (11th)

Passes Completed Per Game- Peyton Manning:22.5 (2nd) Tom Brady: 21.1 (4th)

Career Pass Interception %- Peyton Manning: 2.7% (26th) Tom Brady: 2.2% (3rd)

Career Sacked %- Peyton Manning: 3.10% (2nd) Tom Brady: 4.93% (21st)

Career Game-Winning Drives- Peyton Manning: 46 (2nd) Tom Brady: 35 (6th)

Career Comebacks- Peyton Manning- 35 (2nd) Tom Brady: 25 (10th)

Career Passes Intercepted- Peyton Manning:198 (26th) Tom Brady: 115 (85th)

Career Fumbles- Peyton Manning: 57 (93rd) Tom Brady: 78 (36th)

Career Fumbles lost- Peyton Manning: 12 (36) Tom Brady: 30 (7)

Career pick sixes- Peyton Manning: 17 Tom Brady: 7

League MVP awards Peyton Manning- 4 (League record) Tom Brady: 2

Super Bowl MVP awards- Peyton Manning: 1 Tom Brady 2*

Most TD's in a season- Peyton Manning: 49 (2nd ) (Through 15 games 2004) Tom Brady: 50 (1st) (Through 16 games 2007)

Number of SuperBowls in question due to cheating- Peyton Manning:0 Tom Brady: *3 (1st all time)

The earliest safety in Super Bowl history: Tom Brady : 1
                          HAHAHA....Even Bronco fans are smart enough to pick up on the inaccuracies and outright fabrications in your comments, DrumBoy. And I bet they can recognize the pathetic attempt by a notoriously disappointed Colts fan/Manning rumpswab to diminish NE and Brady's accomplishments....!

LOL..... I am amazed with the extent of your dedication to such a proven loser and second-tier franchise and how it leads you to embarass yourself with such laughable posts...!

I laughed uncontrollably at your comment that, without AV, Brady would have never won anything...! HAHAHA.... why do you set yourself up for this, Jack..? The real story is, without Adam V, Manning would still be waiting for his teammates to earn him a title...you seem to forget the Ravens game in the Colts PO run to the SB, when Paidaton couldn't get his team into the end zone all day long, and the Colts won that game on the strength of AV's leg....4 times, as I recall. Great job, Manning..! Then there was the classic Manning gag job in 2004 when, after a record-setting offense in the regular season (Paidaton's favorite time of the season..!), he stunk up Gillette Stadium in the POs, 'leading' his team to 3 whole points in a 20-3 drubbing..! Oh wait, that was the FG kicker who scored those points, too, for Paidy..! LOL How many picks did Moanning throw that day, Jack...if you can't recall, let me know. I have it on file somewhere around here..! HAHAHA

How dense does some Moanning booster have to be to start a thread about 'choking', Harry? LOL You must really love setting yourself up for ridicule with moves like that, Fred Astaire...!

BTW.... the guys over on Boston.com really miss you. And having someone so mentally handicapped around to generate chuckles...!

Comment

Pats fan above.. √
                            From a Colt to a Bronco

Comment

brady is a better qb than peyton ...... that said , eli is better than both of them "right now"
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X