Uh oh!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uh oh!

Chargers left tackle Jared Gaither was unable to practice in late July due to spasms and cramps in his back. The team deemed Gaither “day to day” then, but it’s nearing the middle of August and Gaither still isn’t practicing.AP
    On Wednesday evening, the Chargers announced the signings of offensive tackle Anthony Davis and Michael Toudouze. They waived defensive tackle John Cullen and waived/injured H-back Patrick Doyle.
    Michael Gehlken of the Union-Tribune San Diego confirms that Gaither’s back is “healing slower than the Chargers hoped.” Gaither will not play in the Chargers’ exhibition opener, and “there is some doubt” about his availability for the second week of the preseason.
    Jared Gaither still not practicing at Chargers camp.
    It’s time for the Chargers to start worrying about Gaither, and the addition of two offensive tackles suggests they probably already are. This is not the first series of back problems for Gaither. San Diego signed Gaither to a four-year, $24.6 million contract in March. $13.5 million of that deal was guaranteed, including an $8 million signing bonus.
    Hopefully, Rivers makes it through tonight’s possession or two against the Packers unscathed.
    For now, undrafted rookie Mike Harris out of UCLA is practicing as the Chargers’ first-team left tackle. Harris, who ran a 5.58 forty-yard dash at the Bruins’ Pro Day, played right tackle in college.

Per PFT...

Chargers are screwed if Jared Gaither continues his back-woes into the season. Actually, I could see the Chargers offering a high-round pick for Ryan Clady. Broncos might even bite considering his contract situation.

In German, San Diego means.....

sigpic

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

:cool:

Comment

I don't like injury smack.

BOOOH
      sigpic
      2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Comment

Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
        Chargers left tackle Jared Gaither was unable to practice in late July due to spasms and cramps in his back. The team deemed Gaither “day to day” then, but it’s nearing the middle of August and Gaither still isn’t practicing.AP
        On Wednesday evening, the Chargers announced the signings of offensive tackle Anthony Davis and Michael Toudouze. They waived defensive tackle John Cullen and waived/injured H-back Patrick Doyle.
        Michael Gehlken of the Union-Tribune San Diego confirms that Gaither’s back is “healing slower than the Chargers hoped.” Gaither will not play in the Chargers’ exhibition opener, and “there is some doubt” about his availability for the second week of the preseason.
        Jared Gaither still not practicing at Chargers camp.
        It’s time for the Chargers to start worrying about Gaither, and the addition of two offensive tackles suggests they probably already are. This is not the first series of back problems for Gaither. San Diego signed Gaither to a four-year, $24.6 million contract in March. $13.5 million of that deal was guaranteed, including an $8 million signing bonus.
        Hopefully, Rivers makes it through tonight’s possession or two against the Packers unscathed.
        For now, undrafted rookie Mike Harris out of UCLA is practicing as the Chargers’ first-team left tackle. Harris, who ran a 5.58 forty-yard dash at the Bruins’ Pro Day, played right tackle in college.

Per PFT...
        i could have told you this more than a week ago lol

the chargers OL is my #1 concern, even though harris has done well so far in camp.
        sigpic

Comment

Mike Harris looked fantastic against Clay Matthews and Nick Perry tonight.

Unfortunantly Jeromey Clary still sucks

Comment

What was that call on Nick Perry all about? Beautiful sack and did the Matthews flex and got it flagged. Dumb.

Comment

Originally posted by Andyy_47 View Post
              What was that call on Nick Perry all about? Beautiful sack and did the Matthews flex and got it flagged. Dumb.

Yeah, even when its in our favor I get angry when great defensive plays are nullfied. (speaking as a former defensive player)

Comment

Originally posted by Andyy_47 View Post
                it was a bad call but that's what you get for ripping off a teammates sack dance lol
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JakeNbake View Post
                  I don't like injury smack.

BOOOH
                  I'm just posting it, i don't laugh at injuries...

Comment

Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
                    I'm just posting it, i don't laugh at injuries...
                    Posting it in the smack section is looking like injury smack. Arent there other areas to post "non Injury smack" topics???

Comment

Originally posted by NFLfan..MLBzzzz View Post
                      Posting it in the smack section is looking like injury smack. Arent there other areas to post "non Injury smack" topics???

because the chargers fans are here, its to rub it on our faces.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NFLfan..MLBzzzz View Post

It wouldn't get many bites anywhere else...

Nowhere else to post it except maybe on the SD page but no one posts there much.

Comment

Originally posted by baphamet View Post
                          i could have told you this more than a week ago lol

the chargers OL is my #1 concern, even though harris has done well so far in camp.
                          Actually you did

Injury smack is low, though he does have a point that besides other teams forum (aka no mans land) there is nowhere else to post this info.

I think an interdivision trade of yet another franchise player would kill Broncos fans, we have suffered enough and now that weve rebuilt trading Clady to the Charger would just be insulting. Though St Louis refused to see the writing on the wall last year, their biggest need was not necessarily WR it was OT, but chances are they will soon realize the mistake and we can clean up if we had to.

Brian McKinnie and Jermon Bushrod are likely FA's too
                          Last edited by Joshecalpoly; 08-10-2012, 12:34 PM.
                          2016 Draft: http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...aft-Watch-list

Comment

Working...
                          X