Tebow: Failure to launch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by orangenightmare View Post
    Still managed to get to the second round of the playoffs.

Nobodies saying you can't smack Tebow, just a bit early to be doing so. The first pre-season game of the season is not going to spell success or doom for anyone.
    Did Tebow get to the second round of the playoffs or did the Broncos get to the second round of the playoffs?
    sigpic
    Adopted Broncos:
    EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
      Did Tebow get to the second round of the playoffs or did the Broncos get to the second round of the playoffs?
      Hmm pretty sure it was just Tebow.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by catsigater View Post
        That makes no sense.

Manning was 4/7 for 44 yds no TDs and an interception.

Tebow was 4/8 for 27 yds no TDs and an interception and ran for 34 yds.

Tebow wasn't impressive, but most Jets fans were happy with what they saw. Manning looked okay, and most Broncos fans were happy with what they saw.
        It does make sense

Are you really trying to equalify Manning and Tebow based on the stats of PRE1? What exactly are you suggesting?

Look, I personally think Tebow didn't underperform in his preseason appearance. He looked like he always does. He ran for some nice gains like he always does. He had some great escapes. Threw a telegraphed interception like he usually does. I think if he could have gotten down inside the 5 he would have scored a rushing TD (in the 4th Q of course like he usually waits to do)

But in Manning's first drive in over a year, he showed that he is still quite a capable QB. Manning plays QB like it's drawn up. According to the game plan. Manning drove the team all the way down to where a short pass reached the 1 yard line that got tipped and intercepted. Manning was like a few inches off with his throws.

I watched both games. Are you sure you did? Because the stats here don't tell the whole story
        Last edited by dizzolve; 08-11-2012, 12:56 PM.
        The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

"Messiah" literally means "anointed one." The Greek translation is "Χριστός" or Christ.
          Normally I'd ignore you post(you are on my ignore list), but I'll reply just this once. Messiah has many meaning depending on on what text you read. In the Hebrew Bible(which mentions the word first), Messiah means King or High Priest.
          Anointed one in the Hebrew Bible is one anointed by the holy anointing oil.

There are many means to the word, but it's original and main meaning is High Priest or King.
          sigpic
          Adopted Broncos:
          EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Originally posted by VenomousDB View Post
            Hmm pretty sure it was just Tebow.
            Maybe you're right and those 251 lbs made it possible for him to be 1 man vs 22.
            sigpic
            Adopted Broncos:
            EmmanuelSanders

Comment

I don't equate Tebow being a great leader at the NFL level (for people praising it as if he was still leading the same college team). At least not yet.

Didn't Champ just have an interview (1st day of TC?) where he said it was great that he could focus his leadership on only the D this year because of Mannings presence, as opposed to previous years where he had to keep an eye out on the offense also.

To me that's a knock on all our previous QBs leadership skills.
              sigpic

Comment

Normally I'd ignore you post(you are on my ignore list), but I'll reply just this once. Messiah has many meaning depending on on what text you read. In the Hebrew Bible(which mentions the word first), Messiah means King or High Priest.
                Anointed one in the Hebrew Bible is one anointed by the holy anointing oil.

There are many means to the word, but it's original and main meaning is High Priest or King.
                No, it's original meaning is "anointed one." Which later came to mean the deliver of the Jewish people.

c.1300, Messias, from L.L. Messias, from Gk. Messias, from Aramaic meshiha and Hebrew mashiah "the anointed" (of the Lord), from mashah "anoint." This is the word rendered in Septuagint as Gk. Khristos (see Christ). In Old Testament prophetic writing, it was used of an expected deliverer of the Jewish nation. The modern English form represents an attempt to make the word look more Hebrew, and dates from the Geneva Bible (1560). Transferred sense of "an expected liberator or savior of a captive people" is attested from 1660s.
                "Messiah" and "Christ" are equivalent terms.

Comment

I'm not sure why people think he's going to change or get better.
                  :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dizzolve View Post
                    It does make sense

Are you really trying to equalify Manning and Tebow based on the stats of PRE1? What exactly are you suggesting?

Look, I personally think Tebow didn't underperform in his preseason appearance. He looked like he always does. He ran for some nice gains like he always does. He had some great escapes. Threw a telegraphed interception like he usually does. I think if he could have gotten down inside the 5 he would have scored a rushing TD (in the 4th Q of course like he usually waits to do)

But in Manning's first drive in over a year, he showed that he is still quite a capable QB. Manning plays QB like it's drawn up. According to the game plan. Manning drove the team all the way down to where a short pass reached the 1 yard line that got tipped and intercepted. Manning was like a few inches off with his throws.

I watched both games. Are you sure you did? Because the stats here don't tell the whole story
                    That was my point.

Of course I'm not equating Manning with Tebow.

DevilSpawn tried to compare Manning and Tebow and InsaneBlaze offered a bad argument regarding the difference between Tebow and Manning being that Manning, "played for one series only had 3 incompletions. Tebow played for 2 quarters and had 4 incompletions."

Both Tebow and Manning played about like I thought they would. InsaneBlaze offered a statistical reason as to the difference between Tebow pre1 and Manning pre1.

As you pointed out, the stats were irrelevant.

Comment

you mean tebow sucks at playing NFL QB???? get out!
                      sigpic

Comment

They aren't Tebow. They aren't the savoir or Messiah as his zealots call him, which in term is funny because he's a Christian and Messiah means Jew King.
                        I have yet to see a Tebow supporter call him either one of your examples. I have however seen the anti-Tebow crowd use those terms on a regular basis-both here and on the other boards I frequent.

Have some balls and admit why you dont really like the guy or his fans and quit tip toeing around it. The guy can obviously run the football, and the guy can obviously throw the football (hence his job). So he is what he is, a damn good football player who just happens to play the position different.- and in so doing causes "scenarios" that other QBs wont see quite as often. Is his best read a deep pass on broken coverage? Sure it is....but its the threat of what he might do instead of throwing it that causes these "broken coverages"

So many people hide behind his "position" as to why they hark on him so much, but I am quite certain if the guy never throws a pass again and switches positions entirely you peoples responses would not change.
                        You dont like the guy for personal reasons, but its more politically correct to use stats, throwing motion, exposure, etc etc to emphasisze your pure hatred. Just sack up and come out with it.

Comment

I'm shocked by the disdain donktown has for Tebow.

Denver was well on it's way to a 2-14 season until Tebow stepped in.
                          SHOCKED by Donktown disdain toward TEBOW. He saved your 2011.

Comment

Originally posted by atwaterandstir View Post
                            I have yet to see a Tebow supporter call him either one of your examples. I have however seen the anti-Tebow crowd use those terms on a regular basis-both here and on the other boards I frequent.

Have some balls and admit why you dont really like the guy or his fans and quit tip toeing around it. The guy can obviously run the football, and the guy can obviously throw the football (hence his job). So he is what he is, a damn good football player who just happens to play the position different.- and in so doing causes "scenarios" that other QBs wont see quite as often. Is his best read a deep pass on broken coverage? Sure it is....but its the threat of what he might do instead of throwing it that causes these "broken coverages"

So many people hide behind his "position" as to why they hark on him so much, but I am quite certain if the guy never throws a pass again and switches positions entirely you peoples responses would not change.
                            You dont like the guy for personal reasons, but its more politically correct to use stats, throwing motion, exposure, etc etc to emphasisze your pure hatred. Just sack up and come out with it.
                            Hmm maybe you should know who you speak to before you speak to them I don't know Tebow personally, I have no reason to have anything against him. Just as you say you never hear one side say this or that, but you always hear the other side say it. All I hear from you Tebow Zealots is "You have something personal against him."

I don't know the guy, I've never met him, never spoken a word to him, never met any of his friends or family. How can one have something personal against someone who they don't know personally?

I respect Tebow, don't sit there and tell me who I like or don't like, or question having the balls to say anything. I don't anything against, he has done more positives for me in the sport world than negatives.

I don't tip toes around anything, it's well known that I don't like Tebow fans, I've never denied it. I do however like Tebow, as I said I respect him. What I don't like is how his fanatics approach him, I've heard many posters that support Tim call him a savior and a Messiah. I've also heard people that don't support Tebow use both terms as well.

I question his play not him.
                            sigpic
                            Adopted Broncos:
                            EmmanuelSanders

Comment

That makes no sense.

Manning was 4/7 for 44 yds no TDs and an interception.

Tebow was 4/8 for 27 yds no TDs and an interception and ran for 34 yds.

Tebow wasn't impressive, but most Jets fans were happy with what they saw. Manning looked okay, and most Broncos fans were happy with what they saw.
                              What you fail to see is that Manning did that in 1 drive. Tebow did it in 4 drives. So it took 1 drive for Manning to do what Tebow did in 4. Do you get it now? Almost 4 times the production...........
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by orangenightmare View Post
                                Yeah, i won't argue that. But I think he'll show a lot of improvement overall this season. I think Tebow will make a lot of people eat crow....again.
                                That's what everyone said last year............
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X