Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tebow: Failure to launch

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Originally posted by atwaterandstir View Post
    I have yet to see a Tebow supporter call him either one of your examples. I have however seen the anti-Tebow crowd use those terms on a regular basis-both here and on the other boards I frequent.

    Have some balls and admit why you dont really like the guy or his fans and quit tip toeing around it. The guy can obviously run the football, and the guy can obviously throw the football (hence his job). So he is what he is, a damn good football player who just happens to play the position different.- and in so doing causes "scenarios" that other QBs wont see quite as often. Is his best read a deep pass on broken coverage? Sure it is....but its the threat of what he might do instead of throwing it that causes these "broken coverages"

    So many people hide behind his "position" as to why they hark on him so much, but I am quite certain if the guy never throws a pass again and switches positions entirely you peoples responses would not change.
    You dont like the guy for personal reasons, but its more politically correct to use stats, throwing motion, exposure, etc etc to emphasisze your pure hatred. Just sack up and come out with it.
    what games have you been watching??? Tebow can not throw the ball very well at all......
    sigpic

    Comment


    • #47
      Originally posted by atwaterandstir View Post
      I have yet to see a Tebow supporter call him either one of your examples. I have however seen the anti-Tebow crowd use those terms on a regular basis-both here and on the other boards I frequent.

      Have some balls and admit why you dont really like the guy or his fans and quit tip toeing around it. The guy can obviously run the football, and the guy can obviously throw the football (hence his job). So he is what he is, a damn good football player who just happens to play the position different.- and in so doing causes "scenarios" that other QBs wont see quite as often. Is his best read a deep pass on broken coverage? Sure it is....but its the threat of what he might do instead of throwing it that causes these "broken coverages"

      So many people hide behind his "position" as to why they hark on him so much, but I am quite certain if the guy never throws a pass again and switches positions entirely you peoples responses would not change.
      You dont like the guy for personal reasons, but its more politically correct to use stats, throwing motion, exposure, etc etc to emphasisze your pure hatred. Just sack up and come out with it.
      Maybe it's the disdain for Tebow's blind supporters you don't like.........
      sigpic

      Comment


      • #48
        Tebow's constant rhetorical propaganda is quite annoying to most rational thinking fans. Even many people who are fans of Tebow's style of football play get turned off by the regurgitation of brainwashed quotes and phrases and songs regarding a certain faith. It's not unlike Romanowski's incessant plugging of his nutrition supplements - just propaganda for a different thing.

        Then there's those fans, who just eat it up. Why? Because they've been brainwashed too. They are the same faith as Tebow. These fans will go to war on a message board to defend Tebow to a level of irrationality because they were both taught the same fable. I don't believe in any religion and personally can do without someone trying to convince me there's a man with a grey beard up in the sky who watches my every move! If you want to believe it fine - I won't bother you about it. Don't bother me about it -

        So those fans of Tebow who find themselves constantly defending Tebow - imagine him as a believer of a different faith and then look at him again and tell me what you see. Hopefully you will see what is really there. If you are a fan of his, that's great! I'm a fan of players too. But try to look at the facts objectively. (religion is basically the opposite of objectivity) take the faith out of it when we're talking football - because football is real!

        I feel compelled to add a disclaimer since I've seen many new users around here lately:

        I'm not anti Tebow. I very much appreciate him helping us win a playoff game last season. He seems like a really great person too. But he does have an agenda that isn't football but is injected into the football arena. Unfortunately we had to change our whole system to get the most from Tebow. But the team did an exemplary job adjusting for the cause. The cause being winning football games -not a religion. I'm quite glad he was here to replace Orton. Because that was the real issue. Replacing Orton -not starting Tebow.
        The beatings will continue until morale improves....

        Comment


        • #49
          Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
          what games have you been watching??? Tebow can not throw the ball very well at all......
          I have been watching the games Tim Tebow has come in and played as an NFL QB. Sometimes it looks good and sometimes it doesnt, its no secret. If the guy was a one trick pony(runner only) he would be employed as such, the fact that he isnt- leads me to believe you dont understand the value he really brings. The good with the bad.

          Now granted if he needed to be a passer only in this league he wouldnt make it too far, but luckily for him thats not what got him to the position hes in- which just so happens to be an NFL QB.

          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by dizzolve View Post
            Tebow's constant rhetorical propaganda is quite annoying to most rational thinking fans. Even many people who are fans of Tebow's style of football play get turned off by the regurgitation of brainwashed quotes and phrases and songs regarding a certain faith. It's not unlike Romanowski's incessant plugging of his nutrition supplements - just propaganda for a different thing.

            Then there's those fans, who just eat it up. Why? Because they've been brainwashed too. They are the same faith as Tebow. These fans will go to war on a message board to defend Tebow to a level of irrationality because they were both taught the same fable. I don't believe in any religion and personally can do without someone trying to convince me there's a man with a grey beard up in the sky who watches my every move! If you want to believe it fine - I won't bother you about it. Don't bother me about it -

            So those fans of Tebow who find themselves constantly defending Tebow - imagine him as a believer of a different faith and then look at him again and tell me what you see. Hopefully you will see what is really there. If you are a fan of his, that's great! I'm a fan of players too. But try to look at the facts objectively. (religion is basically the opposite of objectivity) take the faith out of it when we're talking football - because football is real!

            I feel compelled to add a disclaimer since I've seen many new users around here lately:

            I'm not anti Tebow. I very much appreciate him helping us win a playoff game last season. He seems like a really great person too. But he does have an agenda that isn't football but is injected into the football arena. Unfortunately we had to change our whole system to get the most from Tebow. But the team did an exemplary job adjusting for the cause. The cause being winning football games -not a religion. I'm quite glad he was here to replace Orton. Because that was the real issue. Replacing Orton -not starting Tebow.
            I have no ties to Tebows religion myself, I just enjoy football. In fact Im not sure why religion is ever brought up. Nobody did backflips over Reggie White who was just as vocal about his religion as Tebow seems to be. And despite Tebows errant throws and often times reguritated responses, I tune in to watch the plays get made. I dont focus and wait with a baited hook for any and every chance to say" SEE, THERE IT IS AGAIN". Unfortunately- many do.

            For me, Tim Tebow just happened to make some pretty amazing plays while he played for my favorite team, and in doing so- turned me into a Tebow fan. He also made some real bonehead plays that led to us getting a HOF bound QB in Peyton Manning- I will likely forever be a Tebow fan for both reasons.

            Comment


            • #51
              Originally posted by atwaterandstir View Post
              I have no ties to Tebows religion myself, I just enjoy football. In fact Im not sure why religion is ever brought up. Nobody did backflips over Reggie White who was just as vocal about his religion as Tebow seems to be. And despite Tebows errant throws and often times reguritated responses, I tune in to watch the plays get made. I dont focus and wait with a baited hook for any and every chance to say" SEE, THERE IT IS AGAIN". Unfortunately- many do.

              For me, Tim Tebow just happened to make some pretty amazing plays while he played for my favorite team, and in doing so- turned me into a Tebow fan. He also made some real bonehead plays that led to us getting a HOF bound QB in Peyton Manning- I will likely forever be a Tebow fan for both reasons.
              Can't argue with that

              The beatings will continue until morale improves....

              Comment


              • #52
                Originally posted by atwaterandstir View Post
                I have no ties to Tebows religion myself, I just enjoy football. In fact Im not sure why religion is ever brought up. Nobody did backflips over Reggie White who was just as vocal about his religion as Tebow seems to be. And despite Tebows errant throws and often times reguritated responses, I tune in to watch the plays get made. I dont focus and wait with a baited hook for any and every chance to say" SEE, THERE IT IS AGAIN". Unfortunately- many do.

                For me, Tim Tebow just happened to make some pretty amazing plays while he played for my favorite team, and in doing so- turned me into a Tebow fan. He also made some real bonehead plays that led to us getting a HOF bound QB in Peyton Manning- I will likely forever be a Tebow fan for both reasons.
                Reggie White could actually play his position and dominated at it, unlike Tebow.
                sigpic

                Comment


                • #53
                  Originally posted by atwaterandstir View Post
                  I have been watching the games Tim Tebow has come in and played as an NFL QB. Sometimes it looks good and sometimes it doesnt, its no secret. If the guy was a one trick pony(runner only) he would be employed as such, the fact that he isnt- leads me to believe you dont understand the value he really brings. The good with the bad.

                  Now granted if he needed to be a passer only in this league he wouldnt make it too far, but luckily for him thats not what got him to the position hes in- which just so happens to be an NFL QB.
                  a broken clock is right twice a day.......... about the same has Tebow's passing ability.
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
                    a broken clock is right twice a day.......... about the same has Tebow's passing ability.
                    So what keeps him in the position then? Its no secret the dude can run, so why not just run him? Are these NFL coaches and GMs so swayed by these alleged rabid freaks that support him that they dont have the balls to sit him? Or could it be that you have a jaded view of how the position should be played?

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
                      Reggie White could actually play his position and dominated at it, unlike Tebow.
                      Reggie White is known as one of the best to play his position. Chances are Tebow will never be close to being considered the best at his position.
                      sigpic
                      Adopted Broncos:
                      EmmanuelSanders

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Originally posted by atwaterandstir View Post
                        So what keeps him in the position then? Its no secret the dude can run, so why not just run him? Are these NFL coaches and GMs so swayed by these alleged rabid freaks that support him that they dont have the balls to sit him? Or could it be that you have a jaded view of how the position should be played?
                        The coaches give him pass plays to see if he can grow. To see if he can improve. While at the same time they give him designed QB run plays. His job with the Jets primarily will be running the wildcat, punt protector, and some Redzone packages.

                        No coach is completely sold on him as a QB, but none are completely shying away from letting him throw the ball either.
                        sigpic
                        Adopted Broncos:
                        EmmanuelSanders

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Originally posted by atwaterandstir View Post
                          So what keeps him in the position then? Its no secret the dude can run, so why not just run him? Are these NFL coaches and GMs so swayed by these alleged rabid freaks that support him that they dont have the balls to sit him? Or could it be that you have a jaded view of how the position should be played?

                          Because without the threat of him at least attempting a pass, his running ability would hit the basement floor.


                          I don't like Tim Tebow because the hype. Sorry, had to get on the laptop, phone was dying.
                          To finish my thought, I don't like Tim Tebow because of the hype. He perpetuates it. He chose NY over Jax, a special teams/gadget job over a starting job because of his hype machine and his agenda. He'll be the first person to tell you that its not about football for him, it's about his agenda.

                          There's a reason his UF teammates nicknamed him "red-light Timmy".


                          Therefor, since I had to endure months of people trying to shove down my throat that he's a good player, something I obviously don't subscribe to, I'll continue to say what I want/feel about him and the situation.
                          Last edited by CoryWinget81; 08-11-2012, 05:26 PM.
                          sigpic

                          Hooray, beer!

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
                            Because without the threat of him at least attempting a pass, his running ability would hit the basement floor.


                            I don't like Tim Tebow because the hype.
                            Not so sure he would hit the basement floor, the guy can run. Despite the position he plays or the circumstances surrounding it, the guy can run with the football.

                            I respect your honesty Cory- many people are just so sick of the hype that its too much to deal with. Props for not hiding behind a thinly veiled passing stat as your reason

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Originally posted by atwaterandstir View Post
                              Not so sure he would hit the basement floor, the guy can run. Despite the position he plays or the circumstances surrounding it, the guy can run with the football.

                              I respect your honesty Cory- many people are just so sick of the hype that its too much to deal with. Props for not hiding behind a thinly veiled passing stat as your reason
                              I dont care if he throws for 5k and 30 TDs I'll still dislike him.
                              sigpic

                              Hooray, beer!

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Originally posted by atwaterandstir View Post
                                Not so sure he would hit the basement floor, the guy can run. Despite the position he plays or the circumstances surrounding it, the guy can run with the football.

                                I respect your honesty Cory- many people are just so sick of the hype that its too much to deal with. Props for not hiding behind a thinly veiled passing stat as your reason
                                That's what I mean. I've never seen him at RB, but if he lined up under QB and wasn't throwing the ball, he wouldn't have lanes to run through and open field to get to.

                                I wonder what he'd do at RB though. He should consider at least giving it a shot.
                                sigpic

                                Hooray, beer!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X