X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joshecalpoly
    replied
    Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
    Kuper is out 4-6 weeks, which was last week, so anywhere from Week 2 to Week 4 he should be back if all goes well...
    They were saying week 6 on ESPN, and the man has 2 major injuries within a few months, it doesnt bold well. Still we could always move Harris outside for a short time and move Beadles and Franklin around. I just dont like Ramirez especially with Walton those 2 are horrible together especially blocking for the run

Leave a comment:

• ERoyal248
    replied
    Originally posted by Joshecalpoly View Post
    Ramirez should be blamed for the tip, he constantly let the DT's get in the passing lanes, and the 1 sack went right by him. Its going to be a long 1st 6 weeks without Kuper and the worst hit will be in the running game
    Kuper is out 4-6 weeks, which was last week, so anywhere from Week 2 to Week 4 he should be back if all goes well...

Leave a comment:

• Broncoholic3233
    replied
    Originally posted by bearindenver View Post
    Cutler to Marshall!!! Bronco fans will be missing that, guaranteed!!!
    Oh. Ok then.

Darn.

Leave a comment:

• bearindenver
    replied
    Cutler to Marshall!!! Bronco fans will be missing that, guaranteed!!!

Leave a comment:

• Joshecalpoly
    replied
    Ramirez should be blamed for the tip, he constantly let the DT's get in the passing lanes, and the 1 sack went right by him. Its going to be a long 1st 6 weeks without Kuper and the worst hit will be in the running game

Leave a comment:

• jcdavey
    replied
    Originally posted by #87Birdman View Post
    Yeah his overthrow was on a seam route lol.

And then the first one was just bad luck, and a great play by the D. Usually you hope those just find their way to the ground, but it didn't. But just like River's second pick, where luck just wasn't on your side.

But the first pick was ugly and I'm surprised Rivers didn't step into that throw, but Carr made a nice break on it. But it is preseason we will see how it continues come the regular season, but I wouldn't mind if Rivers continues throwing picks against us

But I will give Rivers credit non of his passes hit the ground if looking at the stat line is right. 13/15 with 2 picks. All his passes were caught
    great way to look at it lol

Leave a comment:

• JakeNbake
    replied

Leave a comment:

• baphamet
    replied
    Originally posted by arapaho View Post
    wrong again...concerning the 6 backs to ir...i said losing one starting back one affter another hurts the offense because once your down to picking guys off the street ...they dont know the ofense as well as someone who went thrugh camp...they cant be trusted in blocking....it makes it difficult to develop a run game ...i think its called cohesion

thats what i said...no where in there do i see..."we lost because of injuries"

i also stated and this was in your cutler sucks phase 2008....we lost those backs...we also had 14 key starters or players lost to ir...at one point of the 22 starters we had 11 that were either rookies or 2nd yr players in their first game time......i said that makes it difficult to win

and as i been saying all along thats exactly what you say...only when bronco fans say it its an excuse...when you say it its an...what was it?...oh yea contributing factor
    nope, i remember you blaming it directly on losses, as i said before, i remember clearly arguing with you the difference and i know you remember as well.

i don't blame any one thing i losses, you have many times in the past and you know i cant dig up the old posts so you are going to pretend that you never did.

how lame, they need to bring back the old search function.

Leave a comment:

• arapaho
    replied
    Originally posted by baphamet View Post
    i obviously cannot go that far back with the new crappy search function but you know damn well what i am talking about.

i remember you using your RB's being injured one year as the "reason" you lost games. i remember arguing with you about it to no end as i know you remember it as well.

there is a difference between saying injuries make it tough for a team to win games and directly blaming losses on injuries.

believe me, if all you ever did was say injuries made it harder to win games and were not the direct cause, we would have never had that debate.

its especially stupid because all teams have injuries and i know you remember me making that argument as well.

i also remember clearly you being very critical of rivers and the chargers losing in the AFCCG, even though you didn't consider their injuries, like you do with your own team.

even then i never made an excuse for injuries.

so yeah, try again.

wrong again...concerning the 6 backs to ir...i said losing one starting back one affter another hurts the offense because once your down to picking guys off the street ...they dont know the ofense as well as someone who went thrugh camp...they cant be trusted in blocking....it makes it difficult to develop a run game ...i think its called cohesion

thats what i said...no where in there do i see..."we lost because of injuries"

i also stated and this was in your cutler sucks phase 2008....we lost those backs...we also had 14 key starters or players lost to ir...at one point of the 22 starters we had 11 that were either rookies or 2nd yr players in their first game time......i said that makes it difficult to win

and as i been saying all along thats exactly what you say...only when bronco fans say it its an excuse...when you say it its an...what was it?...oh yea contributing factor

Leave a comment:

• #87Birdman
    replied
    Originally posted by jcdavey View Post
    just watched peyton's 2 ints

the overthrown one wasn't even on a deep pass, so that was weird.....

and the other one looked like a couple of the passes he had in his first preseason game, where he's throwing it at other teams hands

rivers first int was a completely his fault underthrow off his back foot, he panicked
    the second int was right to his wrs hands and then his wr bobbled it to the defender
    Yeah his overthrow was on a seam route lol.

And then the first one was just bad luck, and a great play by the D. Usually you hope those just find their way to the ground, but it didn't. But just like River's second pick, where luck just wasn't on your side.

But the first pick was ugly and I'm surprised Rivers didn't step into that throw, but Carr made a nice break on it. But it is preseason we will see how it continues come the regular season, but I wouldn't mind if Rivers continues throwing picks against us

But I will give Rivers credit non of his passes hit the ground if looking at the stat line is right. 13/15 with 2 picks. All his passes were caught

Leave a comment:

• baphamet
    replied
    Originally posted by arapaho View Post
    can you back your mouth up...can you show where i have used an injury as an excuse ..as in we lost because of this injury...can you?....i have said losing key starters to injury (for any team) for multiple games makes it difficult to win games...but that isnt any more excuse than what your saying
    i obviously cannot go that far back with the new crappy search function but you know damn well what i am talking about.

i remember you using your RB's being injured one year as the "reason" you lost games. i remember arguing with you about it to no end as i know you remember it as well.

there is a difference between saying injuries make it tough for a team to win games and directly blaming losses on injuries.

believe me, if all you ever did was say injuries made it harder to win games and were not the direct cause, we would have never had that debate.

its especially stupid because all teams have injuries and i know you remember me making that argument as well.

i also remember clearly you being very critical of rivers and the chargers losing in the AFCCG, even though you didn't consider their injuries, like you do with your own team.

even then i never made an excuse for injuries.

so yeah, try again.

Leave a comment:

• arapaho
    replied
    Originally posted by baphamet View Post
    i don't make excuses for losing, i especially don't use injuries as an excuse, that is your area of expertise.

i thought this year was going to be rough for the chargers before the injuries, this just makes matters worse.
    can you back your mouth up...can you show where i have used an injury as an excuse ..as in we lost because of this injury...can you?....i have said losing key starters to injury (for any team) for multiple games makes it difficult to win games...but that isnt any more excuse than what your saying

Leave a comment:

• jcdavey
    replied
    Originally posted by #87Birdman View Post
    To bad it was River's pass that was underthrown. Manning's INT was an overthrow, so I'm not to worried about the INT. Plus it is the preseason where teams run plays, they don't gameplan. They run plays to see how the team reacts to the position they are in and try to make the best out of it. Regardless if they are put in a bad position.

Preseason is just getting warmed up for the regular season, but I will say I greatly dislike the Seahawks Oline as they were taking cheap shots like crazy lol. But at least no serious injuries came out of those which is always a plus.
    just watched peyton's 2 ints

the overthrown one wasn't even on a deep pass, so that was weird.....

and the other one looked like a couple of the passes he had in his first preseason game, where he's throwing it at other teams hands

rivers first int was a completely his fault underthrow off his back foot, he panicked
    the second int was right to his wrs hands and then his wr bobbled it to the defender

Leave a comment:

• jcdavey
    replied
    Originally posted by HoorayBeer! View Post
    I'm not sure I count broken bones as being "injury prone", anyone can break a bone if fallen on wrong, I have a feeling this particular injury is more of a fluke (albeit ironic) than a cause for long term concern. If he starts getting the soft tissue injuries agin like groin pulls, hamstrings, high ankle sprains etc... then I think it would be time to panic.

Ronnie Brown is a more effective #2 than he gets credit for, but obviously it'd be nice to not have such a steep drop off between Mathews and his backup.
    hopefully some decent wr and rb talent starts to get cut soon, i know there's always a couple big names!

Leave a comment:

• HoorayBeer!
    replied
    Originally posted by Den615 View Post
    Well his clavicle will be healed, but there is no guarantee he won't have another injury by then. Thats not injury smack; injury prone backs just have a tough time stringing together a few healthy weeks in a row (see Moreno). I think the talk of Mathews being a workhorse needs to be re-evaluated. He is clearly a talented runner, but would likely do much better sharing the load with another back.
    I'm not sure I count broken bones as being "injury prone", anyone can break a bone if fallen on wrong, I have a feeling this particular injury is more of a fluke (albeit ironic) than a cause for long term concern. If he starts getting the soft tissue injuries agin like groin pulls, hamstrings, high ankle sprains etc... then I think it would be time to panic.

Ronnie Brown is a more effective #2 than he gets credit for, but obviously it'd be nice to not have such a steep drop off between Mathews and his backup.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X